PDA

View Full Version : A guide for the BEST Voodoo Mage!

Noodleleg
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Welcome to Noodleleg's Legitimate Voodoo Guide!

Now, say hi to Zaprekz here and he'll wave back ^_^

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/dfb059a1.jpg

Here's what you might see if you clicked on me XD!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/fc9aa5a1.jpg

Now... Let's get into something everybody loves to ask me... >.>
WAIT WHAT? I'm giving out my build =o! Yeah... That's right.
Build is under THIS:

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/28f7baa8.jpg

Lightning and Firestorm can be 6. I chose firestorm because of my tactics in Voodoo. If you use my technique, I recommend 6 on firestorm. If you nuke, think about 6 on lightning.

For Voodoos:

Here's the COMBO! WEWT! Alright, this works on basically any class or player you meet. First, the buffs of course. Now, I run into the player in 12m range and do Frostbite (Snowball) and then Firestorm really quick; while backing up of course. After this, I backed them up from their 12m range and froze them in place. This gives me the upper hand. If somebody has already landed their combo on you (which is usually their drain) try to heal. If you can time your heal well, you'll be able to be unfrozen from their frostbite if they've used it. Here's how I used it.

This puts him/her in the situation where he/she can't use his drain when I do. Which means less damage and a forced heal (because drain heals him, but yet he does not have it when I do MY combo)...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/e5677c54.jpg

Now, the fun part. After you pushed the player back, do: Drain, Lightning, and finally Firestorm. If you really need to, heal. Drain should already give you one heal. After that combo, do Frostbite, Lightning, Firestorm until you've got your drain back. Keep repeating the cycle until you've died or they've died. Remember, this does not always work on bears. We'll get to that in a bit.

Here's when you can get tricky, remember this requires much experience. While Chisk is chasing me, I can use mana shield and nuke him. Remember once you mana shield, do this very quickly. NUKEEEEE! If they turn on their mana shield quick enough, well, you go bye bye. Gotta do it quick. Be sure to use drain when you do it too. If you can sneak in the hot flash combo, that'd be better.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/6fd93875.jpg

Now, if YOU are chasing them, be careful... All I can say =p...

When you see the other person turning on mana shield, try to do the back up combo I showed you. Back them up and turn on shield right away. If you're in a fight where both have activated their mana shields, the one that activated it the latest usually wins. Well, unless you start getting a big head and your opponent is Shelby =o!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/5e5b23d3.jpg

For Birds (Referring to Iceberg Warbirds...which are like the only ones you face...:

Same combo with Mage ^_^!

Now, when you face these warbirds, remember they have something called the annoying CRUEL BLAST... To successfully beat them, learn good shield timing. After their first cruel blast (if you think you can try to hold off the first cruel blast without dying), use mana shield. This puts them in a bad situation. They have to wait for their blast shot to regenerate again. Finish them with a combo.

Here's Jack rooting me. His cruel blast is probably coming up. Try to stay far away from these birds, because their auto-attack from their sword is also really strong. If you think you can survive the first cruel blast, heal, drain and pray.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/1225206a.jpg

After the cruel blast, and you survived it, use mana shield. Remember, their blast breaks Mages' shields. It's the only skill that can do this. It gives you immunity to cruel blasts' damage. However, if they use cruel blast, shattering scream will hurt your mana, blast will break armor, and the combo it does will give the bird some damage to your health (not much really)...

Shield broken here... Says absorbed...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/0ed9f87b.jpg

Time to shield!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/67205d45.jpg

Perfect timing here, I lived through his cruel blast too. I kind of won here. He'll have to regenerate his cruel blast, but then, I already charged and killed him by then.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/46ed7ef3.jpg

For Bears:

Bears you face will usually be a Copperhead Bear; and yes, I have one. If you do face an ice talon bear, use the same strategy and be more alert to use mans shield. To win, AVOID THE BECKON DUDDDDEEE... It's really hard to, but you can try this... Do the push back combo and if they beckon you, heal right away. This nullifies the stun effect and gives you the chance once again to run away. KITE (don't we love kiting?) the bear to death ^_^!

This is about when you should do the combo (12m)... And the rest of it should be the same combo up there.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/6ab03640.jpg

Here's what you really try not to get into =o! Being debuffed to death D=!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/18548c70.jpg

Here's probably when you'll die... Bears will "trap" you with debuffs and you can't move ar all. Sometimes, you can get out of it, but usually not. Heal as much as possible, try to use frostbite, and even more important use drain when you're getting low on health. Yes, stun is what'll kill you.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/85d3a0b3.jpg

When you successfully avoid the beckon and probably also hellscream, you'll see the bear running to recharge his beckon. He'll run back to you with beckon and do the push back combo and heal. FINISH HIM after this!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q492/Noodleleg/6e8e89ef.jpg

Thanks all for the encouragement and help! Special names to acknowledge:
Shelby, Moomiified, Mrxsmith, Chisk, Bio, Jack, Will, Goon, and all that helped!
Just in case I forgot you, post here or send me a private message (preferred)!

^_^

Noodleleg
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Reserved ^_^

Noodleleg
02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Another reserved slot! ^_^

Swords
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
i know im really good at pvp but all these times... i dont know what debuffs mean

Sryyoulose
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I would beg to differ on this build and so would Shelby... But not a bad guide now that it's out easy to counter... I can post my build if you want I quit voodooing>.>

Noodleleg
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
i know im really good at pvp but all these times... i dont know what debuffs mean

When a character lowers your stats by using a skill or special move/weapon... Bears usually debuff (opposite of buff) and stun you. Their debuffs are mainly attack debuffs.

Zapoke
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
I would beg to differ on this build and so would Shelby... But not a bad guide now that it's out easy to counter... I can post my build if you want I quit voodooing>.>

Actually, that build is pretty much one of the best lol, that's the one Blitz, Everhate, Lisaaaaaaaaa and I used back in the day. :D Lisa and Hate are gone, and Blitz and I altered the build. Unless he changed back. :)

Darkfader
02-15-2012, 09:55 PM
I don't get your point changing 6 firestorm to 6 lightning if trying to nuke. Lowering higher range skill doesn't make sense when nukeing mostly happens from 12-10m. Also any recommendation why use int/dex like you do?

Zapoke
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't get your point changing 6 firestorm to 6 lightning if trying to nuke. Lowering higher range skill doesn't make sense when nukeing mostly happens from 12-10m. Also any recommendation why use int/dex like you do?

The lightning is more for shield fights, and int/dex gives you more armor or skill damage because of dex rings. :D

Darkfader
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM
The lightning is more for shield fights, and int/dex gives you more armor or skill damage because of dex rings. :D

I see, maybe test this out later even I rarely go enough close combat to use lightning.
Also your second statement is wrong, go ahead and try pure int and be amazed by your skill damage ;) it's higher than split and dmg ring.

Zapoke
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
I see, maybe test this out later even I rarely go enough close combat to use lightning.
Also your second statement is wrong, go ahead and try pure int and be amazed by your skill damage ;) it's higher than split and dmg ring.

Last I tested.. Was a while ago. Lol. But anyway, I don't use damage rings, I use armor. :3

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
02-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Once again nice guide noodleleg!

Imsebastiaanl
02-16-2012, 03:44 AM
A real good guide again, you diserve all the thanks!

Zenidal
02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Wow, this is a great guide! I really like the pictures, they help a lot :)

Also, if I'm making a Voodoo mage, which Voodoo set should I get? Because in the cs, there's a lot of different Voodoo gear, such as Mamboza's, Zombie's and Copperhead's.

XghostzX
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Nice guide, on my build which is similar to yours, I take out one point out from heal. Reviving your health is just as important as dealing damage, and frostbite lighting drain fire with yours buffs on should kill your opponent.

adidaman
02-16-2012, 08:36 AM

You sir, are a shining example of American braggetry. Although your statement is true, it is Bronx bomber-esque in a risqué way. Well done sir.

Zapoke
02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow, this is a great guide! I really like the pictures, they help a lot :)

Also, if I'm making a Voodoo mage, which Voodoo set should I get? Because in the cs, there's a lot of different Voodoo gear, such as Mamboza's, Zombie's and Copperhead's.

There's only one voodoo item for each slot. Don't use the doll. Lol. The rest is good. :p

Sryyoulose
02-16-2012, 09:55 AM
This build was my first build.. It was ok... But! If you do this right... You can nuke from 12m
So go 3 light and 3snow... This way you can do both nukes... Some of you guys will hate me for this! But if you ice drain fire you will out heal there drain and get combo!

Zenidal
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
There's only one voodoo item for each slot. Don't use the doll. Lol. The rest is good. :p

Oh! I feel stupid now....lol

Kaytar
02-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Cool ill try out your strategy when I get off my lazy butt and level to 35 haha (currently level 26) Nice guide :)

GELLIO77
02-17-2012, 05:17 AM
This build was my first build.. It was ok... But! If you do this right... You can nuke from 12m
So go 3 light and 3snow... This way you can do both nukes... Some of you guys will hate me for this! But if you ice drain fire you will out heal there drain and get combo!

this will never work... ive tried this combo many times and anyone with a bit of speed will kill you instantly

@ zap (rekz not poke :p)

i had a similar build to that at 35, but if dont have voodoo robe i wouldnt advise using this build cos voodoo robe will give you more armour and skill damage then
any other robe used at that level... just a thought

:-D
02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Good job noodle(:. I thought ur guide was very well thought of (i actually read all of it:O) i also like how zapoke took control of ur forum like he always does(;. Very good plan and build. Nice job!(((:. One thing i do different is when i kite i do ice fire because with fire ice, ice rarely hits. Also when someone starts the fight with kite i do one of two tHings
1) cry(emote obviously)
2) kite back when he tries nuke:)
Overall great guide((:

Noodleleg
02-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Random bump XD

Noodleleg
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Post your tips if you'd like =p

Apostel
03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
tip-less. I am missing all the good ol'revive-included builds like my old..... ya'll nuke mages destroy ctf matches.... -_-!

sceiayhy
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Hahahaha shows what i know... btw regarding my post to one of your other posts. You fall under the category of pros....... but you are annoying still . You show no respect or concern or even equlity for people less then you...... for instance when battling pinkflowers. Even though you didnt win even 2/3 of our battles (no more than 60% on your part) you still refused to show respect. In fact when i won or lost all i got was a yawn. And then a forced go. Where if i said no or wit you just attacked continuously until i agreed to go. And after i got thoroughly annoyed with your behavior i booted. Then you come back to rush and trash talk. In ways as saying im horrible sad and boot because i cant win. Reminding you that you did not do too much better than me. You post on 35 pvping sucking. But you are acting just like the people that make it worse. ( and ill probably get rushed and teamed a ton soley because of this post.....) lets find out if you actually want to make lvl 35 pvp "better"

Apostel
04-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Hahahaha shows what i know... btw regarding my post to one of your other posts. You fall under the category of pros....... but you are annoying still . You show no respect or concern or even equlity for people less then you...... for instance when battling pinkflowers. Even though you didnt win even 2/3 of our battles (no more than 60% on your part) you still refused to show respect. In fact when i won or lost all i got was a yawn. And then a forced go. Where if i said no or wit you just attacked continuously until i agreed to go. And after i got thoroughly annoyed with your behavior i booted. Then you come back to rush and trash talk. In ways as saying im horrible sad and boot because i cant win. Reminding you that you did not do too much better than me. You post on 35 pvping sucking. But you are acting just like the people that make it worse. ( and ill probably get rushed and teamed a ton soley because of this post.....) lets find out if you actually want to make lvl 35 pvp "better"

If you hear teardrops call for Pleasedontcry :vlol:

Suchislife
04-02-2012, 03:59 PM
If you hear teardrops call for Pleasedontcry :vlol:

Wow thats all you can say? I expected more of you than an arrogant person. Its just a game and if you want to ruin peoples chars then dont play. How would you feel if you were treated like sc..... Get a life...

Apostel
04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow thats all you can say? I expected more of you than an arrogant person. Its just a game and if you want to ruin peoples chars then dont play. How would you feel if you were treated like sc..... Get a life...

Hmm, If you would read the FULL THREAD instead just the last post, you would read my serious comment.

Can't take a joke? You go to laugh into your cellar? :D

Suchislife
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Hmm, If you would read the FULL THREAD instead just the last post, you would read my serious comment.

Can't take a joke? You go to laugh into your cellar? :D

I read the whole post.... This isnt about the joke.... The way you harrass sc i do not like. I wasnt referring to your joke. Do i care? no...

Noodleleg
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Is this still looked at lol?

HeyitsTubs
07-29-2015, 08:01 PM
sorry about the necro.... but....

this is the first time i see mrxsmith pic on forums ZzZzZ

but im confused ive seen several smithists during my career of 35 pvping...

which is the original one?

Mrxsmith? or Mrxsmithx? or Misterxsmith or Misterxsmithx.

if i remember corectly all of them had founders.....

pretty hard to tell...

iRandom
07-29-2015, 09:33 PM

pretty hard to tell...

same person so it doesnt matter

humiiii
07-31-2015, 03:19 AM

pretty hard to tell...

There are actually two smith.

Misterxsmith=mrsmith=justbrutal etc, is a man and yes he has founders
There is also mrsxsmith (founders too) who is a woman

:p

iRandom
07-31-2015, 07:32 AM
There are actually two smith.

Misterxsmith=mrsmith=justbrutal etc, is a man and yes he has founders
There is also mrsxsmith (founders too) who is a woman

:p

THe main part was Mister = Misterx = Mr = Mrx

Groaning
07-31-2015, 09:12 AM
The female version sucks

HeyitsTubs
08-02-2015, 04:39 PM
THe main part was Mister = Misterx = Mr = Mrx

u mean his wife? O_O

HeyitsTubs
08-11-2015, 10:14 AM
bump for my question above. Im curious lol.

humiiii
08-11-2015, 11:34 AM
bump for my question above. Im curious lol.

nah his wife is good these guys speak about ppl they dont even know.

iRandom
08-11-2015, 12:28 PM
nah his wife is good these guys speak about ppl they dont even know.

She just used pink forg bow when I met her.

Very squishy to my staff set!!!

Bats
01-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Wow, good build, probably still works till today.

Burningdex
01-16-2016, 11:22 PM
Wow, good build, probably still works till today.

WELP, read date; but i agree, a lot of people should still read this guide, it is very good