PDA

View Full Version : equip Bow With Wing Shield.

Arjun
04-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Not leveled up so high as to be concerned about this at the moment... but is it possible to equip both a bow and a ‘wing-shield’ which I have to say would be the coolest thing ever. I mean, bow’s have rocked for centuries. But a wing-shield. Pure genius.

Perhaps a character with more balanced stats and attributes (my favorite subject / pet grouse at the moment) can be allowed to do so. Str. 30; Dex. 48. Intl. 18. Besides. . . I don’t see this wing-shield getting in the way of using your bow. If it is indeed strapped to the wing as it should be of course.

Flamin
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree this would be a nice feature, that players can use a bow and a wing shield at the same time

Splurd
04-17-2010, 04:39 PM
how many archers in olden times do you see with a shield on? Just a thought

Anyway, if you look at the description, its meant for "spike throwing avians"

Laska
04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Lol that wuld be pretty beastly if someone can shoot a bow wif 1arm ...I think 2 hands are jus right lol besisdes uf ur ranged u don't really need a shield since u can't get hit much if u play right.

Azrael
04-17-2010, 11:48 PM
how many archers in olden times do you see with a shield on? Just a thought

Anyway, if you look at the description, its meant for "spike throwing avians"

Agreed.

I got to say i don't like this idea. Archers are doing very well in this game and having a shield adding armor to a ranged weapon user doesn't make much sense. It also takes away from archer who chose to use melee weapons

Arjun
04-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Umm How many Archers have u seen with wing's . . . considering the question how many archers have I seen with shields that is of course. . . it's jst a game . .. thought this would make the character graphics look way more interesting.. both. . in the menu and out on the field. Just wanna get a grip. On my wing shield. Dont have to equip it if u dont really wanna. . .innit!?!

Arjun
04-18-2010, 01:31 AM
In olden times even...nice.

maxvegas
04-18-2010, 02:25 AM
yup the only thing for archer would be double wielding ,bt that's if they dont make a new race of thief .... finger crossed

Azrael
04-18-2010, 02:50 AM
This has nothing to do with realism. it has to do with game mechanics. Giving archers shields and bows at the same time would make them to strong. Quite frankly archers are already the strongest, most diverse and most refined class.

Why not let the warriors have 2 handed weapons and shield at the same time while we are at it? Or let mages dual wield wands for double damage?

Arjun
04-18-2010, 03:35 AM
It's just additional armor. Any way you slice it. Is all. Besides. Archers get mobbed up close. Even tho they have ranged weapons. And the wing-shields could theoretically be used to deflect incoming arrows. . .

tubbies
04-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Warriors' shields have the same armor as the wing shields which has a DEX requirement to wield. And we all know that DPS is best increased by DEX while STR does next to nothing other than wearing armor.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 03:40 AM
This has nothing to do with realism. it has to do with game mechanics. Giving archers shields and bows at the same time would make them to strong. Quite frankly archers are already the strongest, most diverse and most refined class.

Why not let the warriors have 2 handed weapons and shield at the same time while we are at it? Or let mages dual wield wands for double damage?

crap, mages dual wielding wands would be awesome really. Only a matter of time before they release wands which look like guns. Then they need to release a helmet which looks like sunglasses, then I'll wear my black robes and go around matrix-ing everyone.

Azrael
04-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Besides. Archers get mobbed up close.

Thats why you have the long ranged weapon called a bow.
Or you can use your shield with a short ranged weapon

Arjun
04-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Explain tht to the AI tht does the mobbing.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 04:05 AM
Explain tht to the AI tht does the mobbing.

facepalm.

You're complaining that monsters run up and whack you. Do you realise how stupid that is...?

Anyway, you can... um... run away? shooting as you go?

=_=

Arjun
04-18-2010, 04:07 AM
I aint complain sister. You ain't comprehending.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 04:23 AM
you are saying that you want a shield because monsters whack you.
people tell you that you have a *ranged* weapon, so you should be attacking from *range*
you say... tell that to the monster....

Seriously? Its your job to be attacking from range. Not the monsters. Their job is to mob you and kill you. So far I think they are doing a better job then you are.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 04:59 AM
Noooo. Once again. The point of it all was that I thought it was cool. You seeeee?

Easy as that. Alls one has ta do is reaaad. Carrefully if they must.

I dont know nothing about DPS;INTL;+xp. I like the game. And I wanna see my Avatar using a bow with a wing-shield. Not like I was asking for a magic carpet or anything out of the ordinary as far as I'm concerned. Tho your entitled to your opinion as much as the next guy.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 05:06 AM
And I once again reiterate that the phrase "Explain tht to the AI tht does the mobbing." is most amusingly silly because it implies that you are whining about how monsters are attacking you.

As for wanting it to look cool, I'm afraid that is not really enough of a reason to justify adding it because it would imbalance gameplay. Its like a warrior wanting to dual wield two 2hd swords. It'll look mad cool, but inbalnce the gameplay. I'm just saying that a wingshield is the same, not logical and imbalances gameplay.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Splurd: About the monsters doing a better job than I am.

AJP Level 20 - Archer.
Kills 3670
Deaths: 63

Posted elsewhere. Just thought I’d add the same here for clarity.

STR: 38
DEX: 51
INT: 21

Hit%: 94; Crit: 11; Dodge: 4; Health: 269; Regen: 1; Mana: 260; Regen: 3; Damage: 36-44; DPS:21; Armor: 26.

Brief comparison with a Level 28 Mage from a separate discussion thread.

- - - - : Level 28 / AJP: Level 20
Kills: 2654 / Kills: 3670
Deaths: 121 / Deaths: 63

STR: 1 / STR: 38
DEX: 20 / DEX: 51
INT: 130 / INT: 21

Hit%: 97 / Hit%: 94
Crit: 12 / Crit: 11
Dodge: 1 / Dodge: 4
Health: 200 // Health: 269
Regen: 0 / Regen: 1
Mana: 365 / mana: 260
Regen: 4 / Regen: 3
Damage: 56-66 // Damage: 36-44
DPS: 23 / DPS: 21
Armor: 43 / Armor: 26

Character AJP is 8 levels below. And As Presently Equipped. Lvl. 10 Armor and a Lvl. 15 Bow at best. Not sure at the moment. Will check back with that.

Once again. Character plays well. All attributes affect performance. Which is wht I have been quoting no other than our good friends the Dev’s repeatedly:

2010-04-09 Content Update (45589)
-Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge (Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen). End Quote.

I’m sure that the requisite set of attributes to equip loot and weps and armor et al. will be adjusted as soon as it’s picked up on. Maybe much later on down the road. Or perhaps sooner than that. Either way. Got a new character in the alternative realm to whom I’m gonna distribute the attributes as is everybody else. Archer focus on DEX. Warrior on Strength. and so on and so forth. That way I get to equip loot as it is available at the present moment. Problem solved I guess.

Link to thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?555-The-Thread-o-the-Future-By-the-Legends-Guild

Splurd
04-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Food for thought.
my archer is lvl 17, with 2151 kills and only 8 deaths.
6 of those deaths were from lag, two were from bosses.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Well. . have experienced a few deaths on account of lag as well. Play on GSM not 3G. That or wi-fi. No issue there. However. quite a few deaths in supporting the team as well.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 05:57 AM
You know, playing fair. . . backing up other players. . .making the olde ultimate sacrifice in the name of the greater good. Tht sort of thing.

Also. . died heaps of times trying to break through Fathom Crypts. Am pretty sure you know how hectic it gets in there. Can comp your archer kill/death ratio once he gets through. what say!?!