PDA

View Full Version : It Hurts Me To Say This

Chabone
02-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I am a die hard sl player but I have to say after playing Pl for 2 weeks now. Pl is twice as harder then SL and it take more skills in pl also.
I cant even the the mini bosses of the game

Ardon
02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Meh, PL does have more variety of gear. Which is cool.

I've never played PL much, just didn't like the forest animals theme lol

javier995
02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I played PL first, and i thought SL was harder at the beginning. Since its hard (for a new l1-8) to pass dyna alone lol.

Its more of where you start first, the other game will seem harder since you've been playing the other longer.

Also, why would PL be harder since you can use more skills? That'd make it easier. In SL you must choose what skills you'll use carefully. In PL its just the matter where your skill points lie, if there is any matter there.

In terms of mini bosses, they just take long is all. Grab a good group and it'll be like taking candy from a PL Knight.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

flashbackflip
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm with Ardon on this one

The gear-related-to-attributes is more interesting idea, than just class-dependant stuff, imo. Also, watching my gf playing PL i kinda agree that it's harder (some alien bosses are real tough and almost all bosses are interesting to defeat)

But i'm too much into sci-fi to play elves.. Seems i got enough of that fantasy aesthetics in solo-played rpg-apps

Btw good sci-fi games are so rare, that i think i have them all))

Commanderkeen
02-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Both games have their +/= but I like sci-fi so much more. And to be truthful i wasn't really that excited about DL but after reading everything about it i can't wait. Although i have been on PL more than SL lately just because I'm all caped in SL and not PL yet.

Rawrimafish
02-16-2012, 01:33 PM

I thought it was cute lol

Wolves
02-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I just can't stand to watch my bobble headed PLtoons limp around anymore. My bear has been at lvl 50 for like 6 months

Cahaun
02-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Elves were bobble heads in the early PL :p

Wolves
02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I remember early pl walk cycle and I remember thinking they still sorta bobble. Also PL FEELS slower after playing SL for a while. It makes me crazy.

Snakespeare
02-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Both games get progressively harder (i.e. landmines in Voleria). PL is only harder because it has higher levels. AO1 and Voleria are still medium easy. In PL it didn't progress to "difficult" until AO3, so expect Voleria 3 to demand a lot more of you.

Shaocalur
02-17-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm with Ardon on this one. I tried PL once, it was pretty good. But like Javier said, they have more skills so PL does seem a bit easier to play. But I do prefer Dual-Pistols and Cannons over Spears and Swords anyday.

Dazamo
02-17-2012, 09:57 PM
But I do prefer Dual-Pistols and Cannons over Spears and Swords anyday.

Shooting a gun is so much more enjoyable. :cool:

Shaocalur
02-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Shooting a gun is so much more enjoyable. :cool:

Yeah always did prefer shooting from a distance not brawling, fist to fist hand combat. Gosh, I'm not that gruesome!

Deathpunch
02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Only issue i have is my toons annoying habit of putting the rifle stock on top of their shoulder. That's not how you shoot properly!

wizardstarr
02-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Well I thought SL was hard because of leveling and credits

PL anyone can get 10k in a flash and in SL it takes a while

But PL has alot of experience things

SL will soon get alot tougher once level caps goes up and items became harder to find

But its not the game,its the player (;

Dazamo
02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Only issue i have is my toons annoying habit of putting the rifle stock on top of their shoulder. That's not how you shoot properly!

I assume there is no recoil with lasers. To people without recoil, a stock might be useful for resting and stabilizing the gun.

Sryyoulose
02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Im a PL addict so... PL ecspecially in pvp! Skill points matter! And in PL there is so much more Nukeing then there is in SL also in PL the support class is SUPER powerful in SL not so much...