PDA

View Full Version : Kills in PVP

Saint Jaffo
07-05-2020, 11:18 PM
What do you think about people buying kills in PVP?
I was doing my role as everyday in my guild, when a guy sent a message saying he payed X amount of gold for X amount of kills in PVP. Obviously the guy was kicked from the guild, but what do you think about that? Is there anything we can do with people that still do that?

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 12:18 AM
Thats why im still asking dev if this kdr farming is illegal or legal. I said last its a cheat because if some one said sell my deaths for pvp it is like a cheat for someone lazy player who like to go big advantage to others for aps and also for the lb. Sory for my bad english

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 12:25 AM
If this kdr farming is illegal i think it needs to reset all the kdr, so many player are obvious buying kdr and not also buying crating new account then he farm him self kdr to their another account. Look at so many kdr like tdm kill 100-1000 death 0-100 wow nice move just like a boot on pve 100000 kill but the death only 100 wow

Faotblack
07-06-2020, 12:27 AM
Thats why im still asking dev if this kdr farming is illegal or legal. I said last its a cheat because if some one said sell my deaths for pvp it is like a cheat for someone lazy player who like to go big advantage to others for aps and also for the lb. Sory for my bad englishI think dummy farming is bannable, but I'm not sure by what circumstances. Many players are farming kills/flags with an alt and no one has been banned by doing that? Imo paying for kills is totally useless and it doesn't make any sense to me.

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 12:30 AM
I think dummy farming is bannable, but I'm not sure by what circumstances. Many players are farming kills/flags with an alt and no one has been banned by doing that? Imo paying for kills is totally useless and it doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah thats why pvp kdr is nonesense they manipulate their own kdr because its a big advantage on aps at lb. Hope dev can answer also at my thread if this legal or not?

Saint Jaffo
07-06-2020, 01:38 AM
I wanted to read many opinions because I'm not clear if this is illegal or not. From my point of view, it is something that should be taken in consideration because it's not fair that nowadays, people just get the achievement of 'Warmonger' for example, by just buying kills and farming kills with an alt. When years ago, people really put effort in getting those achievements by being an active PVP.

Susanne
07-06-2020, 03:53 AM
Dummy farming has been going on for years. Yes, even years ago and everyone knew then. People used to target new players in windmoore, offering them gold to participate. Similar to people asking low levels or people with low gear to duel now.
PvP players ruined PvP (not all I hasten to add) and blamed everything from awakenings to rich players. Just hope that the new PvP won't go down the same path.
I remember trying PvP on a twink, getting into a twink guild was like getting into some kind of secret society by baptism of fire run by gangsters. If you joined a rival guild you were vilified and ganged. People took it all too seriously.

jaeden.
07-06-2020, 04:12 AM
Dummy farming has been going on for years. Yes, even years ago and everyone knew then. People used to target new players in windmoore, offering them gold to participate. Similar to people asking low levels or people with low gear to duel now.
PvP players ruined PvP (not all I hasten to add) and blamed everything from awakenings to rich players. Just hope that the new PvP won't go down the same path.
I remember trying PvP on a twink, getting into a twink guild was like getting into some kind of secret society by baptism of fire run by gangsters. If you joined a rival guild you were vilified and ganged. People took it all too seriously.

Lmaooo on me pvp back then was really kinda weird haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 04:28 AM

If dev will aggree on "let the player pick their own team" i think it will happen again on new pvp. And i think it will happen again if you are rich and you paid for some one ruind the pvp again with farming/feeding for pvp lb.example sell i will ruined pvp for gold if the seller is your enemy on time on pvp. Sory for my bad english

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 04:36 AM
And if you are a master of a guild and a officer i think a massage like ( sell kdr/buy kdr or i will sell my kdr deaths for gold ) can irritate your eye to read.

Thewolfbull
07-06-2020, 04:42 AM
This is why I like the new random teams in ranked pvp, it's near impossible to cheat this way.

arcanefid
07-06-2020, 05:39 AM
What do you think about people buying kills in PVP?
I was doing my role as everyday in my guild, when a guy sent a message saying he payed X amount of gold for X amount of kills in PVP. Obviously the guy was kicked from the guild, but what do you think about that? Is there anything we can do with people that still do that?

It makes more sense than dummy farming to me. If STS keeps making new PvP modes while offering no other alternative to get the PvP APs, I'm sure people won't have much choice but to buy kills or dummy farm them. At least if you pay someone then you help someone with their finances, dummy farming doesn't help anyone.

Enraged
07-06-2020, 07:22 AM
Thats why im still asking dev if this kdr farming is illegal or legal. I said last its a cheat because if some one said sell my deaths for pvp it is like a cheat for someone lazy player who like to go big advantage to others for aps and also for the lb. Sory for my bad englishPretty sure people who agreed to be someone else's dummy knows exactly what they are doing and is capable of making their own choices you know? They find it as a way of making income (which seems legitimate to me because they had to offer their service in return), it helps both parties and is done absolutely no harm to the community. Can you tell me which party is being taken advantage of?

About dummy farming, don't get me wrong but you said it yourself, people have been doing this since the beginning (in which, by the way, has already been addressed with the removal of PvP leaderboards).

Now, some people choose to dummy farm only for the sake of APs. Can't blame them tbh, especially now that the PvP atmosphere has become so toxic.
If you're so concerned about these APs then why not do what they did aswell and drop all this fuss? js

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

PatD
07-06-2020, 07:42 AM
At the end of the day it is all about honor ( even if many don't know the meaning :P ) i would not feel proud nor good if i got my kill this way, i am proud of my kills as much as my death, those death are there to prove that at least i have try hard and put some effort!!

A true Legend get his kill the hard way!!! :D

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Pretty sure people who agreed to be someone else's dummy knows exactly what they are doing and is capable of making their own choices you know? They find it as a way of making income (which seems legitimate to me because they had to offer their service in return), it helps both parties and is done absolutely no harm to the community. Can you tell me which party is being taken advantage of?

About dummy farming, don't get me wrong but you said it yourself, people have been doing this since the beginning (in which, by the way, has already been addressed with the removal of PvP leaderboards).

Now, some people chose to dummy farm only for the sake of APs. Can't blame them tbh, especially now that the PvP atmosphere has become so toxic.
If you're so concerned about these APs then why not do what they did aswell and drop all this fuss? js

My concern is "not fair". like for example, i create seasonal char. im a fair player hate boot cheat and of you said pvp is toxic because of that then how can be fair if im not doing that and the others can do that? Manipulating the kdr is like a cheat not exactly because dev didnt answer kdr farming is illegal or not. And if someone said helping the other to make rich is not good for kdr feed. My answer boot cam harm the community? Not but its a cheat thats why its illegal. Dont do illegal for fairness of the game. Also kdr farm not harm the community but 50/50 if its illegal or not. Only dev can answer. How about the other kdr farming without messaging and gold transact or trade do you think they did not trade it for real money? Rock on heaven the one who hits and react is guilty. Sory for my bad English. Hope investigate the account of the one who aggree for kdr farming.

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 08:02 AM
At the end of the day it is all about honor ( even if many don't know the meaning :P ) i would not feel proud nor good if i got my kill this way, i am proud of my kills as much as my death, those death are there to prove that at least i have try hard and put some effort!!

A true Legend get his kill the hard way!!! :D

This is the example of fair and true and fair player.

Encryptions
07-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Dummy farm is allowed as long as you aren't paying gold for kills or botting. From what I have been told.

Common sense on this one, don't dummy farm in ranked pvp.

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Dummy farm is allowed as long as you aren't paying gold for kills or botting. From what I have been told.

Common sense on this one, don't dummy farm in ranked pvp.

As you said paying gold for kdr is illegal, and not paying gold is legal. I saw someone post here so many account 10+ something lvl 3 they say they trade their gold to their main account after completing the quest they say its illegal. Compare it to creating an account to feed their main kdr.

snakeeyes
07-06-2020, 08:26 AM
I think we need to wait for the dev answer, if old pvp is toxic remove pvp kdr aps

Saint Jaffo
07-06-2020, 09:10 AM
And if you are a master of a guild and a officer i think a massage like ( sell kdr/buy kdr or i will sell my kdr deaths for gold ) can irritate your eye to read.
Yeah, it does, and for many reasons. That's why in my case I kicked the guy offering that.

Watchmecast
07-06-2020, 09:20 AM
wintrade has nothing to do with fair play at all and in all other successful games this is not allowed and is considered cheat, that should be the case here too.

Gesendet von meinem PRA-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Enraged
07-06-2020, 10:17 AM
My concern is "not fair". like for example, i create seasonal char. im a fair player hate boot cheat and of you said pvp is toxic because of that then how can be fair if im not doing that and the others can do that? Manipulating the kdr is like a cheat not exactly because dev didnt answer kdr farming is illegal or not. And if someone said helping the other to make rich is not good for kdr feed. My answer boot cam harm the community? Not but its a cheat thats why its illegal. Dont do illegal for fairness of the game. Also kdr farm not harm the community but 50/50 if its illegal or not. Only dev can answer. How about the other kdr farming without messaging and gold transact or trade do you think they did not trade it for real money? Rock on heaven the one who hits and react is guilty. Sory for my bad English. Hope investigate the account of the one who aggree for kdr farming.How is it "unfair" ? I can dummy farm, you can dummy farm, everyone can dummy farm if they want to. If you wanna play "fair" then that is your decision. Old PvP maps are either dead or you'll be surrounded by hardcore gangers and trashtalkers so goodluck with that. Not everyone has high tolerance of such toxicity. I'm not saying that I'm pro-dummy farming or want to condone this behaviour, trust me I really hate it for ruining my chance at PvP Leaderboards but the current PvP situation has left everyone with almost no choice.

With regards to Seasonal Characters, or even PvP APs as a whole, better find a friend and take turns on killing each other... just like how they do it in hardcore mode. Much more convenient and less hassle.

Also, I'm not fond of those who are paying for kills either, I just simply justified their possible motives for doing it.

Cheers!

Ilove_Poopoo
07-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Gary had enlightened the community regarding this back then, not bannable, although sad.

As for offering gold, this isn't bannable aswell.

They can't ban someone for something they allow within their control.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

capeo
07-06-2020, 11:56 AM
It's not against the rules to dummy farm or sell kills. At least not now. Devs have been fairly vague so they can take things as they come up. I don't blame people for getting the aps that way. There is a steep cost and learning curve associated with pvp. Going in and fighting op players and trying to learn at the same time is difficult. It took me two years to get 5k kills as war. I think if ranked gave kills and deaths and counted for kdr then it would even things out a bit. Top geared players fighting top players. New players fighting new players. If ranked is tweeked a little I think it would be good for everyone. Also I mean real PvP not that painful honor business.

Sophiaaaa
07-06-2020, 12:15 PM
I've seen this convo before,

The consensus was that
The buying of kills is paying for an ingame service. Just like paying for someone to find a rare boss for you. Or to pay someone to sit in the ctf room while you flag 9 times. I dont see anywhere in TOS where it says this isnt allowed.

I know a person that sells kills. Their logic is "I don't like to farm. This is easier".

Now whether its morally correct or not is a different topic XD.

Titanium
07-07-2020, 06:03 AM

The screenshot above sums it all.

Lynisterr
07-07-2020, 06:46 AM
Ywaaaaa just no xd

snakeeyes
07-07-2020, 07:08 AM
I've seen this convo before,

The consensus was that
The buying of kills is paying for an ingame service. Just like paying for someone to find a rare boss for you. Or to pay someone to sit in the ctf room while you flag 9 times. I dont see anywhere in TOS where it says this isnt allowed.

I know a person that sells kills. Their logic is "I don't like to farm. This is easier".

Now whether its morally correct or not is a different topic XD.

I think its like the cheater player logic and Just like boot "i dont like to farm XP or PVE let the bot farm for me it is easier" The player who sell their death is like a living boot. And about finding boss and ill pay is different finding boss is a hunter job and its is not illegal.

Ilove_Poopoo
07-07-2020, 07:22 AM
I think its like the cheater player logic and Just like boot "i dont like to farm XP or PVE let the bot farm for me it is easier" The player who sell their death is like a living boot. And about finding boss and ill pay is different finding boss is a hunter job and its is not illegal.Facts are, using a 3rd party app to do stuff for you isn't allowed itself. Dummy farming is not.

Everything else is personal preference, subjective.

Susanne
07-07-2020, 07:26 AM
It's not just lb players that are to blame. I think most lb PvP players are or were honest. I don't know much about what they get up to now because it's changed so much since I had a twink and that was what most PvP was back then.
I know some people just want their kdr to look good and also want the aps so they pay.
It's not fair on honest players and it ruins PvP but unfortunately there's no way to stop it.
I deleted my twink because I simply couldn't afford the gears and pets (they rose in price so quickly). Then trash talk started too, mainly about dummy farming, poor players were called nabs and PvP died. It's not difficult to work out who killed it.

snakeeyes
07-07-2020, 07:32 AM
Facts are, using a 3rd party app to do stuff for you isn't allowed itself. Dummy farming is not.

Everything else is personal preference, subjective.

It is ok if pvp kill will not count for aps theres a motive why they want to farm kdr its for aps and for lb. Pls. Dev remove the aps of pvp kdr

PatD
07-07-2020, 07:53 AM
It is ok if pvp kill will not count for aps theres a motive why they want to farm kdr its for aps and for lb. Pls. Dev remove the aps of pvp kdr

This and flags, those are completely nonsense aps, no one play flag for real anymore and like it is clearly explain in this thread, pvp kill doesnt mean anything when we all know that mostly all of the people who have 10k kills didnt get them loyally