PDA

View Full Version : Wow how confusing

King Richie
08-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Ok im extremley confused ??? this used to be one of the coolest forums ever and then i leave for 2 weeks and it turns into a petty childish flame war forum ... what happened .. i can here by say i wont be using the forums anymore because i neither have the time nor the patience for it ..

this is in no way a dig at the awsome devs of this game because they know i love them dearly =) but its just unfortunate what the public can do to a forum :( i will see you in game devs hopefully =)

Yardsalez
08-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Idk but just try to post a thread you need help with and it will turn into something bad

Royce
08-03-2010, 07:05 AM
The process began much longer ago than 2 weeks, but it has continued and grown stronger. I would urge you not too leave the forums. We need as many mature, intelligent, contributing members as possible to combat the influx of dumbness.

vulgarstrike
08-03-2010, 09:08 AM
hi richie, and I guess bye to the first person who led me in game...

Justg
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Not sure what you are talking about King... the forums still seem to be as well-behaved as they ever were :D

smokester
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
YES!!!! We are all well behaving i knew there was some goodness in everyones heart lol.... Don't worry richie theres always the ban-hammer of justice lmao

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Justg no they arnt the forums are growing worse and worse and we need more mature players like royce said...So you should stay KingRichie leaving the forums would only make it worse.

smokester
08-03-2010, 12:19 PM
lets try to be more optimistic and be more understanding of each other.... me personally decided not to flame anybody on forums again under any cirumstances because it just adds fuel to the forest fire

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I personally think after 1.3 is here the Devs need to work on the forums A LOT more than they have been...I'm not saying they have to forget in-Game updates completely but...Just work on forums more. I believe the reason we have so many flame fights and stuff is because the devs arnt here to stop it...I know its been mentioned so many times but....Devs you really need to consider moderators or something to stop the flames.

Snakespeare
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I have to agree with Justg. I don't see any flaming the last few days. hmmm...

Are you reading last week's threads? There was a jerk here but he got banned, then after a few days he was back, but now he's gone. Haven't seen anything negative for days. A couple of us are arguing about fast vs. slow levelling, but it is all mature and thoughtful and very courteous.

smokester
08-03-2010, 12:28 PM
yeah i agree wit you cascade but they prob been working their butts off lately for 1.3 update so busy all the time lol... also i think the game and the forum is in development process so when everything is done i think it will be an awesome game that is tied in with a forum that is alive and vibrant unlike any other mobile mmo game... i suggested long before that moderator should be moms ftw lol

Prest87
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
The flaming has got better and pretty much everyone has stopped now it's just friendly jokes.

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Lol totally I havent seen avadonna in a while though lol

smokester
08-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Lol totally I havent seen avadonna in a while though lol

yeah i kno she would have been a perfect moderator lol... any other moms out there? lol i highly doubt it lmao

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
The oldies would be good mods too.

Iambirdman
08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Apart from from some fun and jokes there is really not much of so called "childish flame wars" one thread here and there, but that's how it's always been, there is not one game or forum that's with out some drama.

So this forum is as cool as it was before, and it still has the serious topics as before( well less now cause there is so many guides and suggestions you can post:))

Banned
08-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Trader's Market. Nuff said.

And Richie, I don't blame you for wanting to leave the forum, but I believe I speak for all of us when I say, I'm too sexy for my dagger, and that we would rather not lose such an awesome possum member.

Of course, it's your choice. Don't feel pressured into staying, if you truly feel that the forum's flame fever has no remedy, you're better off somewhere else.

Seeya in-game, buddy.

smokester
08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The oldies would be good mods too.

the problem with this would be that ppl would get jealous you know because someone became a mod and i didnt but i was here before that person or im online more than that person... that sort of thing so my conclusion is a mom or a dad... or maybe a teacher.... lmao... and im neither one of these so im in no way trying to suggest i should be one hahahahahaha

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
If people arnt picked as mods...Bull for them...The devs obviously didn't think they would be good mods and if they make a big deal about it...There is this little thing called a ban hammer ;)

Iambirdman
08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
the problem with this would be that ppl would get jealous you know because someone became a mod and i didnt but i was here before that person or im online more than that person... that sort of thing so my conclusion is a mom or a dad... or maybe a teacher.... lmao... and im neither one of these so im in no way trying to suggest i should be one hahahahahaha

Moms& dads is that a rare thing here?

Iamafather:) lol that should be my next character name

smokester
08-03-2010, 12:51 PM
If people arnt picked as mods...Bull for them...The devs obviously didn't think they would be good mods and if they make a big deal about it...There is this little thing called a ban hammer ;)

The devs are too nice to do something like that tho... the ban hammer is scary tho lol

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I can tell you something right now that you know its true...When our community grows...Do you really think that 6 Devs will be able to even take care of the growing community in the future? We WILL absolutly need mods in the future who they are? I have know idea but I'm sure the devs will make the right choice.

Banned
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I can tell you something right now that you know its true...When our community grows...Do you really think that 6 Devs will be able to even take care of the growing community in the future? We WILL absolutly need mods in the future who they are? I have know idea but I'm sure the devs will make the right choice.

Don't make the assumption that the community will grow. If anything, it's deteriorating, along with it's maturity and kindness.

Cascade
08-03-2010, 12:59 PM
True dat.....

Iambirdman
08-03-2010, 01:12 PM
That's some negative thinking:)

FluffNStuff
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
If there is an issue, how can it be the noobs. Noobs are well, noobs. They always have been and always will be. The good noobs grow to be productive members of the forum / game, the bad ones turn to trolls, lose interest quick and then leave. But they both start out the same, so if we treat all noobs like they are already trolls, then they will ALL lose interest and leave both the game and forum. The best way to ~fix~ the current situation in the forums is to cut noobs some slack for making noobie mistakes and help them become mature players. If you think the forums are bad now, just wait till 1.3 comes out and they start advertising. The influx of noobs to this forum will be staggering and we need all the help we can get.

Yardsalez
08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Im lvl 45 now im not that bad (:

Snakespeare
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Re: making some "oldies" into mods, I can't agree.

Age should not be a factor. In the short time I have been here I have noticed that some people, whose internet behavior and forum contributions were very mature, turned out to be teens.

When they pick mods, it should be based on behavior and contribution, then willingness and availability.

And I have none of the above...

p.s. Iamagrandfather(x3) ;)

Yardsalez
08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
ARe you really a grandfather ?

smokester
08-03-2010, 06:14 PM

Age should not be a factor. In the short time I have been here I have noticed that some people, whose internet behavior and forum contributions were very mature, turned out to be teens.

When they pick mods, it should be based on behavior and contribution, then willingness and availability.

ur a grandfather?! that is so uberly awesome... you should automatically be a mod hands down lol you have my vote... and friend me so ill help you lvl your toons

Cascade
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm 14 lol Ahaha

smokester
08-03-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm 25 but nowhere near being a grandfather lol...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-03-2010, 06:26 PM
14 also........................*sigh*

Snakespeare
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
LOL! yeah... I'm a grandpa, but I still like adventure games. Don't act so surprised! hahahha

But turn about is fair play, as I said, some of you younger folks are very mature. yep, that did surprise me, and it shouldn't have.

flaimdude
08-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Dude that is AWESOME. We have a grandpa posting on the forums and playing! :D (17 here)

Also, look at it this way. It's better now than it was when *cough* was around.

cry
08-04-2010, 09:36 AM
15 - Respect mah AUTHORITAY! (Cascade,Lighting)

smokester
08-04-2010, 10:05 AM
LOL! yeah... I'm a grandpa, but I still like adventure games. Don't act so surprised! hahahha

But turn about is fair play, as I said, some of you younger folks are very mature. yep, that did surprise me, and it shouldn't have.

That is so cool... When I become a grandpa I wanna be playing adventure games and post on forums too just like you LOL

Banned
08-04-2010, 10:13 AM

Read my post on oldies, it has nothing to do with age.

Nouda
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
im 18 :)

moar chars

Snakespeare
08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Read my post on oldies, it has nothing to do with age.

Hi banned, I don't think I was specifically responding to anything you said. I looked and can't find which post you mean.

I'm 14... in my head, LOL! I started playing tabletop games before my first was born, and now she plays MMORPGs, and her kids play the Wii. We've done Rock Band together. She doesn't have an iDevice, though. But she's a mod in some MMORPG that I can't recall, so she doesn't have time for this one anyway. They are good kids. :-)

I wonder if my toon can get a Fine Ancient Walker of Legend.

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/mas_assets/full/CLOCKWORKGRANNIES.gif

Banned
08-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi banned, I don't think I was specifically responding to anything you said. I looked and can't find which post you mean.

I'm 14... in my head, LOL! I started playing tabletop games before my first was born, and now she plays MMORPGs, and her kids play the Wii. We've done Rock Band together. She doesn't have an iDevice, though. But she's a mod in some MMORPG that I can't recall, so she doesn't have time for this one anyway. They are good kids. :-)

I wonder if my toon can get a Fine Ancient Walker of Legend.

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/mas_assets/full/CLOCKWORKGRANNIES.gif

Heh, guess that post was in another thread. Anyway, what they meant by "oldies" is experienced/respected members.

Mostly people that joined in the April time period.

Snakespeare
08-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Ah, I see. OK. I misunderstood. Sorry I sidetracked us with talking about age. darn...

Banned
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Ah, I see. OK. I misunderstood. Sorry I sidetracked us with talking about age. darn...

It's cool. Atleast it lightened this thread up. :D

cry
08-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Playwright, I have one of those. Untradable sadly.