PDA

View Full Version : 55 mage combos

yokoman
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
hi all, i have a lv55 tiwnk pvp mage with mm wand set. I have been doing many 1v1 and ive been losing alot of times.When pvping a bird(warbird and dex) i lose 4/5 of the the fights, idk how to combo or how to fight with them. then with bears again ,i lose 3/5 fights and i dunno how to combo then, idk hwat im doing really. for birds i was using shield +frost+ drain + fire +heal +nightmare+ice +light but dotn seem to work that much, and well for bears i do shield+fire +frost+drain+light but most of the tiem doesnt work. also when pvping birds, i fail when using drain. should i use mm staff to pvp bears?is there any better combo for birds and bears?

thanks

AbsolutePally
02-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Birds are op that class n beat everything w relative ease. Unless its another bird, warbird, or thier biggest weakness a good pally.

Try drain shield ice heal fire light & if close enough aoe ice, debuffs. Theb keep ice light fire. Or wait til your buffs return and drain, especially if dodged or misses.
You have to be FAST bc mage skills have a cast delay and most if not all bird ones do not.

Vs bears. Avoid their beckon if possible, and save your heals for their hell screams. Immediatly heal off that debuff and never cast while debuffed by stomp (orange foot icon) or HS (bear scream icon)
Use your debuffs first and time your shield. Often times shielding first is a bad idea. Master timing.
Combo w debuffs ice ice light fire drain.

Sryyoulose
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
I'll start out with a basic build,
The basic combos,
Then tactics and situations.
First the build(Represnts place then skill value)
6-6-6-1
6-1-6-6
3-1-6-6
The Elementrary combos are:
1.Blessings, drain, ice, lightning, fire, heal, shield.
2.Blessings, Drain, Ice, heal, shield, fire, and lightning.
3.Blessings, Ice, Drain, fire, lightning,heal.
4. Blessings, shield, ice, drain, lightning,fire.
Tactics:
During a Mage vs mage fight.
Tactic 1: kite
Blessings, fire, heal, back up, shield, drain, ice, lightning, fire. Repeat
Tactic 2: Tank
Blessings, Shield, ice, drain, fire, lightning, spread ice, debuffs. Smash any damage or debuffs that come next.
During a Mage vs Bear fight
Blessings, Fire, heal, shield, drain, lightning, ice, ice, fire, debuffs.
During a mage vs. Bird fight:
Blessings, shield, ice, drain, fire, back up, fire, ice. Repeat

If you need a training partner add Daangryman!
If you have any questions contact me on Daangryman or here on forums! Also zerious Should be a lot of help if you need it!

Also things like pvp take lots of practice! So it takes time!

Sryyoulose
02-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Birds are op that class n beat everything w relative ease. Unless its another bird, warbird, or thier biggest weakness a good pally.

Try drain shield ice heal fire light & if close enough aoe ice, debuffs. Theb keep ice light fire. Or wait til your buffs return and drain, especially if dodged or misses.
You have to be FAST bc mage skills have a cast delay and most if not all bird ones do not.

Vs bears. Avoid their beckon if possible, and save your heals for their hell screams. Immediatly heal off that debuff and never cast while debuffed by stomp (orange foot icon) or HS (bear scream icon)
Use your debuffs first and time your shield. Often times shielding first is a bad idea. Master timing.
Combo w debuffs ice ice light fire drain.

Use a combination of these posts
(Darn he beat me to first post)

Walkhardd
02-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Being good at pvp is mostly all about distance, and timing. Not so much knowing the secret crazy all powerful combo. Both of the posts above this are very good. Against birds, its very important your drain hits. This decides the outcome a lot of the time, so make sure youre in range. If they kite you, try to freeze them with frost before doing your combo. For bears, the most important thing is avoiding beckon, debuffing them, and healing when they debuff you. Pvp takes a lot of practice and patience, so keep at it, and dont get discouraged by losing. :)

cuteguy
02-17-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't think a mage can beat a bird.
While doing such combo, bird can easily repulse mages, forcing mage to cast shield and drain, i believe after repulse, mage already cast drain, yeah either drain hit or miss, definitely frost and fire will miss because of repulse, so my point is, to be good, be aware of distance and timing as mentioned on the upper post. All pvp pros knows it. You can learn the combo but timing and learning distance will take some time to be in perfect

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Walkhardd
02-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't think a mage can beat a bird.
While doing such combo, bird can easily repulse mages, forcing mage to cast shield and drain, i believe after repulse, mage already cast drain, yeah either drain hit or miss, definitely frost and fire will miss because of repulse, so my point is, to be good, be aware of distance and timing as mentioned on the upper post. All pvp pros knows it. You can learn the combo but timing and learning distance will take some time to be in perfect

Birds are very beatable

fuzzylazer
02-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Try using an xbow so you can kite. :)

cuteguy
02-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Birds are not beatable if the bird user is pro, no mage build can win over it,

Walkhardd
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Sorry, but you're wrong bro.

Sryyoulose
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM

Dead wrong... Mages can 1-2 Hit Ko them no Bird can win every time if the Mage is good enough!