View Full Version : What would be worthy of bans?

Taipan
02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I've reported a Lot of ppl so I was wondering through the inappropriate chat report
What would be worthy of a ban and how long would the ban be?
Thanks

Shaocalur
02-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Guessing it would depend on how serious the offense was.

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm staying away from u xD lol Jk
I don't really know lol.

octavos
02-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Most bans are of course at the developers discretion. If they feel that its a ban-able offense then poof problem gone, but most times its to teach a lesson because some users do spend real money...this teaches to be more cautious in there actions....think before you act kind of lecture.

flashbackflip
02-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Cyberbullying

Repeated scams

Cahaun
02-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Scamming which includes: free platinum, "Give me ur email and passwrd", and overpricing items to the extreme. (Maybe not bannable but it's scamming. Someone is trying to sell a meganaught set for 35k)

Here are the signs of a scam: "Can I borrow/loan/test out your <insert item>?"

Ways to prevent scams: Check how much money he puts into trade carefully as some tend to quickly put in way less than agreed on, blame lag, and run away. Know the prices also as some may want to trick you in thinking that it is worthless and oh "Can I have that then?" Kind of stuff.

Slant
02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
apart from the terms of service, there is the rules of conduct > http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20660146-rules-of-conduct
there are still some specific things that you cannot know before hand you will be banned over till you actually do it, if you use certain inappropriate words you can be kicked out for 7 days at least
there are two kinds of bans, temp bans (theres only one, it lasts for 7 days and is a warning) and the permaban
expect mostly the temp ban the first time you do something wrong, appealing at the support site is better than shooting off an email if and when this happens
once you register a complaint there is live chat

vulgarstrike
02-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Hmph.

Once I reported an abusive player and I got banned for prior swearing in chat.

Lesson: Don't take action against others if you have a messy history.