PDA

View Full Version : Root + Stomp/Avian Scream Discussion

Buddyf97
02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Okay, I hope most of us know that you can break from roots and ice by using stomp, avian scream, or heal. With bears needing to get close, roots and ice are a huge part of surviving. Mages and birds can easily get out of them without much loss, unlike the bear

Stomp is a huge part of a bear's combo and has many uses. Having to use it to break from roots is somewhat bearable (<- lol, BEARable) but then the beckon stomp combo is lost. It could also be used to push that Mage from sending a storm of several lightning strikes on you. Mages do not need heal to deliver massive damage in a combo. And birds rarely use avian scream and it's not in a combo as well! Bears have the bad break here.

The one point that gets me annoyed is that the roots have a debuff tagged along to them. That's not what gets me mad, but if I stomp from it then I still have the debuff. The birds can nail a combo to me without any dodge. This is the same for avian scream. Mages heal clears all negative effects so it is gone!

What's your opinion on this? If they were to release a new skill, do you think bears would receive another way to break from ice/roots? Questions, Comments, or Concerns? Post them below!

AbsolutePally
02-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Yea I agree!!

Bears need a 13m attack. Like rock toss that stuns their opponent. Idk

Walkhardd
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I agree that its a disadvantage bears have to waste stomp to break free. :/

Piosidon
02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Jump emote for all classes

Whirlzap
02-17-2012, 06:57 PM
This is NOT a disadvantage. Bears have DODGE. The gear for Mount Fang is WAY BETTER quality than it was compared to other classes in Sewer times.
Adding another attack would make bears even more powerful.
I think bears actually have a decent amount of PvP potential this time.
I mean, over 60 dodge and 300 armor is no joke. Especially that HP regeneration rate.

Walkhardd
02-17-2012, 07:14 PM
This is NOT a disadvantage. Bears have DODGE. The gear for Mount Fang is WAY BETTER quality than it was compared to other classes in Sewer times.
Adding another attack would make bears even more powerful.
I think bears actually have a decent amount of PvP potential this time.
I mean, over 60 dodge and 300 armor is no joke. Especially that HP regeneration rate.

I don't disagree with you that bears are pretty beastly this time around. However, this applies to all levels. Not just end game.

TruePlayer
02-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Okay, I hope most of us know that you can break from roots and ice by using stomp, avian scream, or heal. With bears needing to get close, roots and ice are a huge part of surviving. Mages and birds can easily get out of them without much loss, unlike the bear

Stomp is a huge part of a bear's combo and has many uses. Having to use it to break from roots is somewhat bearable (<- lol, BEARable) but then the beckon stomp combo is lost. It could also be used to push that Mage from sending a storm of several lightning strikes on you. Mages do not need heal to deliver massive damage in a combo. And birds rarely use avian scream and it's not in a combo as well! Bears have the bad break here.

The one point that gets me annoyed is that the roots have a debuff tagged along to them. That's not what gets me mad, but if I stomp from it then I still have the debuff. The birds can nail a combo to me without any dodge. This is the same for avian scream. Mages heal clears all negative effects so it is gone!

What's your opinion on this? If they were to release a new skill, do you think bears would receive another way to break from ice/roots? Questions, Comments, or Concerns? Post them below!
Giving bear too much power is no good for pocket legends or the pvp world. With great power come greater annoying bears. Lol i hope bears stay the way they r. They already have high health armor and stacked buffs. Just there not many good bears out there. But bear r ment to be slow learners, but there some who payed there dues and became really good pvpers.

Imsebastiaanl
02-18-2012, 05:22 AM
Yes your right. Also birds has no-combo scream+repulse= mega knock back :( only birds has a kinda second combo...

GELLIO77
02-18-2012, 06:26 AM
a long time a go elly brought up the same topic... hell scream should be the move that breaks root not stomp

Aratreoybae
02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Good point being made buddy... I like the rock toss idea : / lol also what about making stomp a 12m attck? Because if u combo and r rooted u stomp to break it but it doesn't hurt the opponent. Stomp maxed out is currently at 8m... And beckon is our only other long range attck if stomp was at 12m it whould help this problem somewhat by moving the opponent away so they can't just pelt us till we die while we sit there helpless...