PDA

View Full Version : Item Colours (1.) Whites and Greys? (2.) Orange vs White/Grey

Illusionist
08-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I've been looking at my equipment for sometime and I've always struggled to understand the colouring. I saw this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2996-Equipment-Prefix-Suffix-Compendium and it gives lots of cool information, so thanks.

But I have two questions.

1. Unless I'm really dumb, if I look at the attached picture I can see both WHITE and GREY items:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/inv01.PNG

Am I wrong? What's the difference?

2. I have two items:

Lightning Bolt Staff (grey/white) - lvl 30, 93 int, 70-86 dam, 2.3 speed
Thinker's Lightning Bolt Staff (orange) - lvl 28, 87 int, 68-84 dam, 2.3 speed, 1 int, 1% hit

As you can see, the standard staff has better dam than the orange item and I wonder why? Is the reason it's orange just because it can be used at a lower lvl and has int and %hit added to it, as to me, the normal staff seems a better bet. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

FluffNStuff
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
The way it started, but has changed was:
Gray: No Add on Example: 6 Armor
White: 1 Add On (usually a stat bonus ie, the 1 Dex in the picture) Example: 6 Armor 1 Dex
Orange: 2 Add On's (stat bonus + other bonus (regen / crit / dodge)) Example 6 Armor 1 Dex 1 h/s
Green: Same as Orange but better stat bonus Example 6 Armor 6 Dex 1 h/s
Purple: Same as Orange but better stat AND other bonus 6 Armor 6 Dex 2 h/s (can even have more stats)
Pinks: These are just weird. Originally just had higher Stat boost then Purp, like would be 6 Armor 8 Dex 2/s but now they have major other bonuses, like Isis is 6 h/s 8 Dodge and NO stat bonus. Also, now there are Pink weapons with no lower version, such as the Alien Blasters and the Dark Matter Staffs.

Now, it is important to note that these weapons do not have damage bonuses, so a white / gray can easily be more powerful. Oh, and in your example, you are comparing a L30 to a L28.

Royce
08-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Grey have just essential stats like damage and speed for a weapon. Whites also add either 1, 2, or 3 points to either Str, Dex, or Int (which hardly does anything ;) )
The staffs would have identical damage if they were the same level.

Illusionist
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I see. I think, thanks.