PDA

View Full Version : Forum reputation system

Maiden
02-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi. So you know how the forum rep system allows you to thank people? Well, i have apparently thanked someone yet I didn't know it. I did not realize you could "thank" people in posts as I found about it through this issue. I don't intend for this to sound weird at all but can you explain to me how I got a thanks? I don't mind it lol just kinda confused about it. Thanks. ;)

Swampy
02-17-2012, 08:16 PM
If people find posts helpful, sometimes (not always) they thank the posts. If you thank someone, underneath your name it will say total thanks:'x' and thanked 'x' times in 'x' posts. (let x be a number)
I guess the rep bar and thanks button is just a courtesy.

JaytB
02-17-2012, 09:30 PM
See here for everything about the reputation system...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=39844

Swords
02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
i have 48 points and then somebody did thumbs up and my points still at 48?

Skeletonlord
02-18-2012, 01:49 PM

Thumbs up is different from thanks. Thanks gives two reputation points, and thumbs up gives 1.

MimeRifle
02-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks can be removed by the person who thanked, but I didn't think that subtracted from the score... maybe it does?

Gluttony
02-18-2012, 07:05 PM

This depends on the type of "thumbs up" you were given. If it was a Thanks, then it can in fact be removed but I am no longer sure if the points are removed with it. If it was an add to user's reputation (green thumbs up), then it can be neutral if the account that gave the rep is a new user.

So is the rep you received grey:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9129/img1145.png

If not, a removed Thanks seems to be the only available option. More testing is required to confirm/deny the first possibility. Results TBA.