PDA

View Full Version : Elixer Luck, Crap, Garbage, Ripoff!!

BlacknWild
02-18-2012, 07:00 AM
I've been playing PL for a while now.. Two char, lvl66,65. The whole time I've played I've used Thrasher, Crazy dumpster and now Shamrock. I've spent well over $600 on plat. Im highly upset with the luck garbage elixir that comes along with thrasher & crazy dumpster! They only work in Alien oasis dungeon. Can't tell me different. Im on elix 24/7.. What's the killer part is I've been on elixir and no one else in game is.. Pink drops... Guess who doesn't get it?? Me!! Every time! So.. I did a test.. I bought the 100% re-roll shamrock elix.. (Have Several times, same results) Played crypt ... No one else had any elixir.. Edward dropped sanguine leather, vamp dropped sword.. Two players with no elix at all got the pinks! Talk about pissed! Now take in mind ppl, this has been going on since Nov! Is any STS devs are reading this.. Then you should know how much money I spend.. Well no more!! Its bad enough I've been a lvl66 for ages now.. I can't control that.. But you taking my money with these false advertised elixirs I can control.. No more plat for me! I know Im not the only one cheated!!

harm
02-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Lol.i dont play pl but in SL whenever i or others use luck enhancers i only see pinks ( shipyard lvl 5 ) and all other green trashes , trash items. Well i didnt used much tho.
I wonder if anyone got vanity from luck enhancers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LordEspe
02-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Bad luck!? I know I have used my free elixir, on five chars, in the same map and no pinks! Very next map (no elicit), same one, pink! That's 25 mins of 3x good luck BUT luck was not on my side!

I know I'm probably not making u feel any better just my two cents.

Darkfader
02-18-2012, 07:39 AM
If pink drops for party it doesnt mean luck elixir brings pink to you. Luck elixir gives you possibility to REROLL for better loot. Every player rolls item from drop list and your drop is rerolled if you are lucky.

Fyrce
02-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Shouldn't your test be
(1) You
(2) NOT using an elixir
(3) for same amount of time as when you used elixir
(4) for at least enough time to have dropped enough items from bosses to give you a good sample (prob at least 200-500 drops per boss being tested)?

Of course, noting down drops per time boss killed, like the rest of us?

So your notes would look like: (boss) (times killed) (drop)
Maybe also note down the time you're running.
You will know your drop rate after a few hundred times killing that boss.

Just in case the lack of luck is all your own?

Lowlyspy
02-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Im surprised this many people don't know the problem with using luck elixers in nuris and fang.

The bosses in nuri's and fang don't have purples on their drop tables therefore you have no purples to reroll into pinks. Basically, luck elixer in fang/nuris = no chance of pinks for you. Ever. The highest rarity you can ever possibly get in nuris and fang using a shamrock elixer is a green, period.

Shamrock elixers are best used in lower levels for farming <55 pinks. Sorry you wasted all that plat.

drewcapu
02-18-2012, 02:41 PM
There are purple helms which drop in Fang, but they're probably more rare than pink drops :D

Jugernugett
02-18-2012, 02:47 PM
600 Dollars?!? 24/7??? The problem is u need a gigantic break, people like games like this but ur gonna kill urself!

Kaytar
02-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I used free elixer on Emma on the first day of mount fang and got sanguine longbow (traded it for a wand of the fang, how stupid!) And I got sanguine xbow and cowl of the fang from gobble. Someone told me not to buy 100% re roll because no purples drop in mount fang (vampires do but no one pulls them) and you need a purple to get a pink. Try a few runs unpotted and see what you get? Good luck!

Lowlyspy
02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
There are purple helms which drop in Fang, but they're probably more rare than pink drops :D
Oh ya I forgot about the helms, my bad lol. Ur probly still better off not buying shamrock pots for fang tho :/

Ihavenokills
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM

hahah sorry i couldn't resist...but uhh.. yeah i have bad luck too so your not the only one. i run croc feud on my 31 all the time and get maybe one decent drop every rare occasion.

adidaman
02-18-2012, 04:02 PM
If you get a pink on a luck elixer it upgraded to a Bronx Bronxer.

-_-Legiito
02-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Somebody didnt get a pink...:rolleyes:

NECROREAPER
02-18-2012, 04:44 PM
This is neither a suggestion nor feedback.

Rant/complaining/ragequit posts like this are better suited for PM's to the devs since they can appropriately handle it.

adidaman
02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
This is neither a suggestion nor feedback.

Rant/complaining/ragequit posts like this are better suited for PM's to the devs since they can appropriately handle it.

And I'm the troll, huh. Well stop policing in that case, trollice.

zeusabe
02-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I believe you used the shamus elixir incorrectly, which isn't your fault. I spent a good amount of platinum myself trying to figure out which dungeon I could maximize shamus, but thankfully it's nowhere near $600 (though...If I understood correrctly, that figure involves elixirs among others? if not...*pats you on the back*). You are correct, it does work on Alien Oasis, but just to add to that, it works on dungeons that have abundant purples (epic) loots. Technically, when you're on shamus, you will want "purples" to drop for you in order for it reroll to a pink, if you think about it, the "luck" actually applies on your purple loots not on the pink itself (purples drop more often so in effect, that indirectly ups your luck), otherwise, looting a pink on first item doesn't give shamus (or any other luck boosting item/elixir) any credit. However, the game punishes misuse of said elixir if you're in the wrong map. The guy who looted sanguine bow and other pinks while on shamus must have looted them on the first loot not after reroll, in other words, he was just lucky and that wasn't because shamus worked better for him. So, next time, before you use shamus, what you do is run the dungeon a couple of times first and find out if the dungeon actually drops decent amount of purples whether to you or your partymates, next step, find out what pinks drop (and their value) in that same dungeon by reviewing guides and checking out CS, there you go, put them together and decide. Good luck.

Cool4ever100
02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
It makes the rarity go up 1 And that's pretty much it