PDA

View Full Version : At level 65, which dex items will give me the most damage?

Noobified
02-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm only concerned about dealing damage and not any other factors like armor, dodge, etc.

Darkfader
02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Sanguine longbow for biggest damage but sanguine dagger set makes good damage and fast.

Noobified
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks. I've got those, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I love watching my bird slice it up with the dagger.

wvhills
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
That's what i like to hear my friend. Birds are meant for one thing and one thing only. :)
Btw, I'd go with the longbow and forget about the dagger. Skill damage suffers way too much with dagger (imo). Longbows are expensive and if you can't afford it get the crossbow it's almost as good. Just to add to what dark said, make sure you get everything either crafted or uncrafted. That's the only way to get the set bonus. If you get a sanguine hood, crafted sanguine crossbow, and crafted sanguine leather you won't get the bonus. All 3 have to be the same. (btw, go with crafted).

Happy hunting!

JaytB
02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I've got those, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I love watching my bird slice it up with the dagger.

Although dps of the daggers is high, base dmg isn't. And in a boss fight, or against any enemy with high armor base dmg > dps. Also skill dmg with dagger set is noticeably less as compared to longbow set. A crafted crossbow only does about 5 less skill dmg btw, so it's a cheap and valid alternative if you can live with the horrible auto attack rate. So yeah, if you're concerned about dealing dmg and dealing dmg alone, a crafted longbow is currently at the top of the food chain when talking about dex sets.

Edit: ninja'd more than an hour ago O.o

JaytB
02-18-2012, 11:38 AM
*gotta stop posting and get some sleep lol*

BigBadVoodoo
02-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Is the damage between the crafted sanguine crossbow full set w/ set bonus and crafted sanguine longbow full set w/ set bonus that significant?

wvhills
02-19-2012, 09:18 AM
No problemo Jay! :)
Voodoo, the longbow set gives 7 more skill damage with blast shot than the crossbow does. The damage per regular attack is about 16 more with longbow (I'm not in game, I'm going from memory so I could be off a little) but the longbow gives 100+ more dps. I've tried both and feel like there's def a big difference. In fact if I'm with a good party I only get aggro from the bosses about 50% of the time when I have the crossbow but the aggro is all mine with the longbow. Bwahahahaha! Cost also is a big factor though. The longbow is still going for around 1.3 million. I bought mine a month or so ago so I've been able to get a lot of use out of it. This close to humania (a month or less) you may not feel like it's worth the investment.

But that's another point. If you aren't that good at kiting go with the longbow. Lol.

BigBadVoodoo
02-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Oh... So with this close to humania... and im still reaching for level 66...mostly doing pve...
Do you think i should just get the xbow?

slipeyz
02-20-2012, 02:06 AM
sang dagger set has ridiculous dps so if damage is ur only concern than its dagger set all the way