PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Pvp Sucks.. Here's why.

Overbear
07-10-2020, 02:11 PM
People are taking advantage of the e.l.o system. They realized that if they all stop doing pvp, then no one can lose/gain pts. So essentially, all the people on the leaderboard will stay where they are. It's sad. You can wait hours in the queue and nothing. To combat this, I think there should be something like "10 pts is deducted each day or two", this will keep people from not running.

NOTE: I didnt put this in suggestions because I want to see what people actually think about this.

Ranked Pvp REQUIRES people to join. When people go on strike, then no one can benefit other than the people already on leaderboards. And the people taking advantage, you're better than this.

+1 or -1, no hard feelings. Just want to see if anyone agrees.

Ilove_Poopoo
07-10-2020, 02:13 PM
Not playing for X time reduces points, this is already implemented.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Players who don't play often enough will lose rank.

reyals
07-10-2020, 02:25 PM

how to play? make some changes pls about match finding...

Overbear
07-10-2020, 02:44 PM
Not playing for X time reduces points, this is already implemented.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

My bad, I didn't know. Still wish more people would play. 1 hour and 12 minutes in queue now.

Hel
07-10-2020, 02:45 PM
People are taking advantage of the e.l.o system. They realized that if they all stop doing pvp, then no one can lose/gain pts. So essentially, all the people on the leaderboard will stay where they are. It's sad. You can wait hours in the queue and nothing. To combat this, I think there should be something like "10 pts is deducted each day or two", this will keep people from not running.

NOTE: I didnt put this in suggestions because I want to see what people actually think about this.

Ranked Pvp REQUIRES people to join. When people go on strike, then no one can benefit other than the people already on leaderboards. And the people taking advantage, you're better than this.

+1 or -1, no hard feelings. Just want to see if anyone agrees.Many hours waiting and nothing here.

Thewolfbull
07-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Please fix the queue, every time I try to play I'm waiting 1hour+ until I give up.
Maybe make it only open every 6 hours and stay open for 2hrs at a time. That way everyone knows when to get on and it should work for all timezones.

Roycedamagnet
07-10-2020, 02:56 PM
Please fix the queue, every time I try to play I'm waiting 1hour+ until I give up.
Maybe make it only open every 6 hours and stay open for 2hrs at a time. That way everyone knows when to get on and it should work for all timezones.

+1. This sounds like a great idea. Making ranked PvP open like northal/cryo,etc to increase participation in that particular duration therefore decreasing queue time.

Perceval
07-10-2020, 03:46 PM

Might be wise to scrap the ranked honor lb and turn it into an event now and then otherwise farming loses its value. It's too popular for obvious reasons but the leaderboard factor is unnecessary.

Verbie
07-10-2020, 04:46 PM

We believe you. However, the people occupying the top slots have switched over to alts to move up the board or simply stopped playing. Perhaps the idle time penalty needs to be greater to encourage active play.

|Ares|
07-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Might be wise to scrap the ranked honor lb and turn it into an event now and then otherwise farming loses its value. It's too popular for obvious reasons but the leaderboard factor is unnecessary.

Why would you scrap the mode where everyone plays with equal gears just so everyone would queue in the mode where you are maxed with your broken awakening gears?
How does that make any sense lol

capeo
07-10-2020, 06:29 PM
I log into the que first thing when I play. I afk while I do other things when I can so I'm in the que. 4 or 5 days since I had a match. I was hoping more would participate but I guess not.

Overbear
07-10-2020, 06:46 PM
+1. This sounds like a great idea. Making ranked PvP open like northal/cryo,etc to increase participation in that particular duration therefore decreasing queue time.

It would be similar to like how the Last one Standing / Battle Royale mode would be? I think that would be cool.

gilsooon
07-10-2020, 07:15 PM
its been 4 days now and i dont see changes in pts

Perceval
07-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Why would you scrap the mode where everyone plays with equal gears just so everyone would queue in the mode where you are maxed with your broken awakening gears?
How does that make any sense lol

Speaking from personal experience, the only thing gold is actually spent on now is vanities. I'm all for honor pvp as a place for equality so players can test their mettle with equal gears but giving it a lb was an unnecessary move. There is a balance that has been broken with that lb.

Level up > Farm gold > buy gears > pvp (is now) level up > pvp *optional farm gold for vanities.

So why wouldn't it take forever to find a game in standard ranked?

Once again exhibit B that you can't read. You snipe my comments like you're being paid for it. Nobody is asking for the scrapping of honor pvp.

Just my opinion.

Thewolfbull
07-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Speaking from personal experience, the only thing gold is actually spent on now is vanities. I'm all for honor pvp as a place for equality so players can test their mettle with equal gears but giving it a lb was an unnecessary move. There is a balance that has been broken with that lb.

Level up > Farm gold > buy gears > pvp (is now) level up > pvp *optional farm gold for vanities.

So why wouldn't it take forever to find a game in standard ranked lol

Just my opinion.

I don't that's true at all, I think the majority of people don't even care about pvp, most just buy better gear to be better in PvE, PvP has been sorta dead for a long time even before ranked came.

Perceval
07-10-2020, 07:41 PM
I don't that's true at all, I think the majority of people don't even care about pvp, most just buy better gear to be better in PvE, PvP has been sorta dead for a long time even before ranked came.

Have you even seen honor pvp? Dead is the last word that comes to mind

snakeeyes
07-10-2020, 09:05 PM
The old pvp is dead because they manipulating the aps for the lb using kdr feeding. Now the new pvp manipulate same for the sake of their lb. Same as main event asking their friends co-lb player to tie the lb for the reward

Advocacies
07-10-2020, 11:34 PM
F can we all just have a honor ctf game mode where no lvl gap and max of 8-10 players like whats the problem so we all can have fun newbie or veteran who cares all lvls in 1 pvp zone with same gears
Just remove the Honor Gear (lvl) let peps enjoy its not like all have the time to grind 76 just to enjoy pvp F

|Ares|
07-11-2020, 11:34 AM

So why wouldn't it take forever to find a game in standard ranked?

Once again exhibit B that you can't read. You snipe my comments like you're being paid for it. Nobody is asking for the scrapping of honor pvp.

Just my opinion.

You're sort of obssessed with the thought of being followed lol
Meanwhile it's just me replying to comments or suggestions that doesn't make any sense.
Majority of yours don't so...

Mythiclash
07-11-2020, 02:58 PM

so that means just because i can't find a game for many hours I'll lose my points?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

capeo
07-11-2020, 03:46 PM
The old pvp is dead because they manipulating the aps for the lb using kdr feeding. Now the new pvp manipulate same for the sake of their lb. Same as main event asking their friends co-lb player to tie the lb for the reward

This proves that you know nothing about current PvP. Old, new, honor ranked or normal ranked. I PvP in old maps everyday. I log in to que for ranked everyday. I compete with the other people on ranked I don't have a secret handshake or deal for ties and position. People don't PvP normal because it's hard. It takes time and gold to compete. You can't just walk in and be good. There are a lot of good players waiting for you to try. It takes time to learn and time to collect gear/pets for PvP. That's why people don't go to normal PvP. I can tell you that I don't have an agreement to help anyone or tie anyone. I've been ranked from 1st to 7th or 8th because I log into the que to compete. If you where in tdm and see the drama and nerd rage that happens you would know none of us are trying to tie.

As for honor PvP judging from my guild list and friends list it's active. I stopped because the game play is to different from normal PvP. Skills in one don't apply to the other. I prefer normal. Going back and forth made me worse at both. I honestly don't care what happens in honor anymore.

Hel
07-11-2020, 09:29 PM
Please put party on it, lose points every time because many enter and dont know play.

Derhzard
07-12-2020, 11:27 PM
where can i find this Ranked PvP? and whats the requirements to fight

shadowronn
07-12-2020, 11:56 PM
where can i find this Ranked PvP? and whats the requirements to fight

Level 76 with the entire Honor gear(Purchased using Vales) I believe, not sure

Wap
07-15-2020, 02:40 PM

Honor pvp is the best thing that happened to this game lol, yeah its popular for obvious reasons as you said. Not everyone has time or wants to farm for 500m for a rog set then have to find the items then deal with procs like ebon armor or duggar procs.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
07-15-2020, 02:45 PM
You gotta queue for hours!!!!!

Wap
07-15-2020, 02:56 PM

+1 or -1, no hard feelings. Just want to see if anyone agrees.

Coming from a person at the top of the lb ~ Trust me, we aren’t trying to “camp” it lol. We have been trying to get games but its harder because the “tier” system where we can only get into games with people with similar points.

Overbear
07-15-2020, 03:15 PM
Coming from a person at the top of the lb ~ Trust me, we aren’t trying to “camp” it lol. We have been trying to get games but its harder because the “tier” system where we can only get into games with people with similar points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdPDdbiClU

Nuties
07-15-2020, 03:18 PM
so that means just because i can't find a game for many hours I'll lose my points?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Your sig dude, infamous lol

Wap
07-15-2020, 03:53 PM

When you call cap but you’re not even up here with us lmao... Maybe these q times and even confirmation from a dev mean something[emoji102]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200715/2d5d2726c661ad35353b763ba8c1f5c9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200715/7080bdc783a1fa8c084a3f245b3a9bd3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200715/3befd2076ef2b01f294072a821027530.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CouchPass
07-16-2020, 10:31 AM

Nobody at the top of the LB is holding out from playing games... Many of us log on for the sole purpose of finding a game. It's dumb to think that we pushed 300+ points, in a few days, due to luck.

> Top 4 overall LB players are all from the same guild (Precise), so it's not surprising that we rotate positions often without dropping too hard. If you want to blame anything/anyone blame the tier rank system that determines matchmaking. Nobody is enjoying the 1 hour+ queue.

Remiem
07-16-2020, 04:43 PM
Just a friendly Remiem reminder to keep it friendly in here. :) We appreciate the feedback and are always watching the system to learn how things can be improved. No need to take it out on each other. <3

Overbear
07-17-2020, 01:53 PM
pvp is fun <---- secret message

ohmygua
07-18-2020, 12:21 AM
good point!!

ohmygua
07-18-2020, 01:03 AM
good point!!

ohmygua
07-18-2020, 01:09 AM
good point!!

capeo
07-18-2020, 02:00 PM
Ranked PvP and ranked honor are two different things. Honor PvP has more players so it should be easier to find a match. I wait days or weeks for a match in real PvP.

bedyns1
07-18-2020, 02:59 PM
Reason why people dont play pvp is simple, rewards are not good enough. The Majority of players dontcare about pvp, they want better gear and there is no option to progress in pvp:3 If sts implements yeti set as reward or arcane gear people would play more. For now banner doesnt seem good enough to atract players!