PDA

View Full Version : Offline Pocket Legends Game--Idea

XghostzX
02-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Don't you guys just have a passion for Pocket Legends, but it sucks when you're on the road and you can't play?

What if there was a free game (or worth a dollar) where it was offline!

Here's what I'm thinking:

The layout of the game is basic. It's a quick arcade-mode game where every mage, archer, or tank looks the same. You pick the class you want to use. This would be solo play... basically you'd pick your class and each wave of enemies you go through, you have the ability to increase another rank for a spell. (Of course certain spells like resurrect for a mage wouldn't be available, but you get the idea). Each wave gradually gets more difficult, but you have the ability to continually increase you spell's rank. Basic + Fun.

Just an idea, sometimes I just feel like playing PL on the go but I simply can't.

Thoughts? :)

Ihavenokills
02-18-2012, 03:43 PM
If it had no tie in's with the current PL game then yeah, this would be pretty neat :P

XghostzX
02-18-2012, 10:14 PM
It would not tie with the real PL, completely seperate :)

Jtpup74799
02-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I saw this in a different thread... Lol but was a tie in with current PL.

vulgarstrike
02-18-2012, 11:07 PM
3G.

Lowlyspy
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
So like a PL themed tower defense game?

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 01:17 PM
I think it would be kind of cool if it tied into PL, maybe 10 gold every wave or something.

XghostzX
02-19-2012, 01:36 PM
So like a PL themed tower defense game?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

pocketlegendshq
02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
it would be very easy to cheat and hack this - must be online and server protected

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
it would be very easy to cheat and hack this - must be online and server protected

I disagree 100%. Just because a game is offline doesn't mean it will be cheatable/hackable.

Phantasm0162
02-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Nevermind

Lowlyspy
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Negative ghost rider. The game would be a completely different game. It wouldn't be the MMO we play but offline, it would be essentially a tower defense game with the 3 classes as the towers. Since the game wouldn't have anywhere near the same coding as PL it would be impossible to hack PL itself, the tower defense game on the other hand oh heck ya it could be hacked but that would just make it fun :D

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Negative ghost rider. The game would be a completely different game. It wouldn't be the MMO we play but offline, it would be essentially a tower defense game with the 3 classes as the towers. Since the game wouldn't have anywhere near the same coding as PL it would be impossible to hack PL itself, the tower defense game on the other hand oh heck ya it could be hacked but that would just make it fun :D

Hackar alert!!

Thasaint
02-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I think it would be kind of cool if it tied into PL, maybe 10 gold every wave or something.

If the game was added into PL, then yes, it could be hacked. If the server is only online based then it is hard to hack, due to the fact that the dev's can see changes made to the game and they can stop it immediately. If it is offline you can create a patch, and this patch makes it undetectable so you can mod your gold to 10m and no one would ever know what happened when you get back online, unless they fix the hack. I would like the offline PL as a survival based game, but offline game + PL = Hackers. Hackers = People leave game and it is no longer fun :( .

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
If the game was added into PL, then yes, it could be hacked. If the server is only online based then it is hard to hack, due to the fact that the dev's can see changes made to the game and they can stop it immediately. If it is offline you can create a patch, and this patch makes it undetectable so you can mod your gold to 10m and no one would ever know what happened when you get back online, unless they fix the hack. I would like the offline PL as a survival based game, but offline game + PL = Hackers. Hackers = People leave game and it is no longer fun :( .

I would think it would be hard to hack since its tied to an online game. Then again, I'm not a developer so i don't know.

TrickiestFTW
02-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Then it shouldn't give you gold just maybe a chance at the leaderboards(new section for highscore by survival time/waves completed) which if someone did cheat it then I'm sure it'd be obvious because it would record the amount of time playing that so if someone go to round 500 in 2 minutes that's obviously hacked and it would be removed. This is a great idea and would be really cool, heck I'd pay money if they made something like this. Also I think they should have something similar but online also and you would do wave after wave of different bosses with your friends. Well that's just my two cents on this.
Sincerely,
-TrickiestFTW

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
02-19-2012, 10:21 PM
i agree with this ghost! i will support this 100% since its an awsome idea. me likey lol

Cool4ever100
02-19-2012, 11:21 PM
That would be great! I could use something like that when I go on a 12h drive to florida

XghostzX
02-20-2012, 01:23 AM
I was thinking that this would be offline, not tied with the real Pocket Legends like balloons tower defense. It would be neat if i did tie with your PL account and every time you completed a game you earned some gold.

Quite honestly i didn't think I'd get a lot of feedback, but thanks for all of your thoughts :)