PDA

View Full Version : Need some pro advice on int/dex bird...reward!!

Superdexme
02-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Is it a good idea to put the absolute minimum into int to equip a staff and still wear dex armor? Keeping all the good dex points with a few in int to equip a staff..now is it better to wear int gear or dex gear? What has the better armor rating on average? Some advice would be fantastic on staff vs bow also :) thank you

Arterra
02-19-2012, 02:34 AM
int on a bird is not too great, so putting the most possible in dex is a good idea. either a darkbolt staff (combo with blast shot) or AoE staff (damage groups) and you are good to go!

Superdexme
02-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Dex or int armor?

NECROREAPER
02-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Int on a bird is GREAT! I love my int bird.

To answer your question though, TBH, find what works best for you. I found that with my int bird, i tried going DEX/INT while adding just enough INT to equip items, but after lvling my bird to lvl 44 (so far) I've found that I prefer having a bit more INT than dex. With my set up, I deal massive *single* target damage using a wand/bracer and my skill damage isn't so bad also. My int bird usually does more damage than pure int birds while using auto attacks as well as single damage, but pure dex birds usually have the advantage over me when it comes to clearing mob groups.

As far as armor goes, (*from what I've noticed*) DEX armors tend to have more armor. Equip what best suits the type of role you want to fulfill.

For the staff and bow comparison, sorry but I wouldn't really be able to help you there since I only use a wand/shield combo. The added advantage of using the wand/shield combo is that you can use dex wings which almost always have higher armor ratings and tend to help out in other areas such as hit % and dodge sometimes (depending on the wing used).

Overall, I've had 100% more fun using my bird as an int bird, but as with anything, ymmv. I've noticed that I rarely, if ever, have to use health/mana potions, provided that I don't go around trying to lead the group, which I find myself doing often since my main is a bear :/

Mageprodigy
02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
For pvp int bird fail epicly :/