PDA

View Full Version : Thank you STS, COT, and my PL family...

CrimsonTider
02-19-2012, 11:34 AM
What a long, strange, yet fun trip ot has been....

In November of 2010, I downloaded a game to take my mind off a few things after a rough day. Little did I know this game would become a huge part of my life for over a year. My journey through Alterra has allowed me to meet some wonderful individuals and to share experiences with a vast range of point of views. I have become good friends with people all over the world.....

But my time has come. No, I am not "taking a break"... I am officially retiring. A recent illness has opened my eyes to a lot of things and I realize my time is needed in other areas of my life. The talks and friendships will never be forgotten. I want to thank STS for bestowing on me the honors of GoA and AoA to represent them as they strive to not only make fun and innovative games but a respectable community. I want to thank my COT family for all the fun talks and good times: This is the best guild in PL and noone can prove otherwise. I also want to thank the forum community for being receptive and courteous in my early days. I became the player I am because of these forums.

And with that, I say goodbye. My only advice is to remember that PL is a game. Don't make it your life. We only have one life to live and trust me, you do not want to reflect back and regret the things you've missed out on in life because of a game.

You all will be missed.

Bryan a.k.a. "Crim"

Oh yeah: ROLL TIDE!!

saool
02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
It puts the lotion on its skin ;(

waaa!!! :'(

Well wish you the best in life and everything that you do...sigh you was funny and still will be in my eyes lol

Skeletonlord
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
It was really amazing that I met you because you were one of my good friends in game and forums, even if we didn't actually play together much, it was still fun to see you when I could.

All I say to you is enjoy yourself as much as you can and it was great knowing you. If I didnt meet you the game would be more hard to get into!

It was awesome knowing you crim, yur friend Skeletonlord.....

Swords
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! WE all knew people's time would come but u? :( i respect ur choice but u should check with forums once in a while at least

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Best of luck Crimson, I'll miss you even though we didn't talk much. I still remember that sig I made you ;) That was definetly the best one I made haha! Anyways, good luck my friend. :)

Barbamitsos
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
we will miss u crim. Hope u have a good life :)

Paar
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Crim, It was good knowing ya, Have a good life buddy! You'll be missed.

CodyBearr
02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Best of luck man

Take care & hope everything is well

JaytB
02-19-2012, 12:55 PM
As said in game, you will be missed by many.

I applaud you for taking the right decision though, and hope to be meeting you again in the future.

Thanks Bryan for al the fun we had in game and commitment you've shown on many occasions. You will most definitely be missed.

ninjaduck
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
All the best to you buddy! It was nice knowing you :-)

Fao
02-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Aww! You will be missed dude! So sad to see you go! I know I will make the same decision one day of my own too!

MoarPewPew
02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Sad to see you go Crim. I really hope that your health issues improve and that you get better. Your input given to the STS community was always valued and you will be missed.

Good luck with everything buddy.

adidaman
02-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Some stay, some go.

zappaxe
02-19-2012, 03:28 PM
I hope you will come back :(
Will you be popping in on forums or are you completely done?
I wish you a happy PL retirement :)

nazgulking
02-19-2012, 03:30 PM
A great asset to the community. You will be missed and I think you are taking the right decision. Best of luck.

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Good luck bud, even though you're a tide fan. :p. If it's not too intrusive, what illness has afflicted you?

CrimsonTider
02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
It puts the lotion on its skin ;(

waaa!!! :'(

Well wish you the best in life and everything that you do...sigh you was funny and still will be in my eyes lol

It does what it's told or else it gets the hose again!!

Thanks guys for the kind words. For those asking, I may drop by in game from time to time to say "hi" but I have given all my gold and items away. Felt good handing an unsuspecting new player a lvl 5 artisan, another a lvl 10 Dark Forest leather, and many Halloween pinks and various other twink items. ;)

As for the forums, I will check this thread from time to time but I will disappear on here as well.

Cool4ever100
02-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Bye! Nice to have you apart of our community!

Blind
02-20-2012, 12:54 AM
See u Bryan. It's been nice knowing u. I won't forget the fun times back in the days with COT and pvp and all the stuff. Good luck to u with everything.

Siejo
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Farewell to a wonderful player and friend. I will miss you deeply. I will dedicate this year's BCA event to you!!! Take care.

CrimsonTider
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Farewell to a wonderful player and friend. I will miss you deeply. I will dedicate this year's BCA event to you!!! Take care.

I may actually come back to forums to help you organize that buudy. You were a wonderful friend as well and someone this community needs to appreciate more. Best of luck to ya bro.

StompArtist
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Take care man. Have a great one, been nice posting around with ya.

Oh yeah, I forgot: Can I haz ur stuff?

XghostzX
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Crimson,

You're by far one of the coolest people I've ever met in game. I'm just like you-- i never inagined a game like this would impact my life. Hopefully you come visit :)

Best of luck bro.

Engelhard
02-20-2012, 12:34 PM
<(^_^)>v Crim.......so sad to see you go man but I hope everything is ok and I wish you the best through lifes journeys.

Samhayne
02-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Bryan,

I have really enjoyed getting to know you here on the forums, in game and as a member in the Spacetime Community. All the best wishes to you, for wherever life takes you next!

Warmest wishes,

Samhayne

Dalinuel
02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Crim,
I hope all goes well with you and your family you will be missed

CrimsonTider
02-20-2012, 02:17 PM
@Sam - Thank you for the kind words and for the opportunity to represent your company in game. My last request to you and STS is to continue to listen to your customers and great things will continue to happen.

@Will - Thanks for the kind words buddy. Always remind yourself that this game is only a part of your life and not "your life." Best of luck to ya!

@Stomp - Thank you for all the laughs. I only regret we didn't cross paths sooner. Keep the forums fun!

@Dal - Your bear will never be as good as mine but it's better than FN's!! LMAO! Seriously... thanks for the kind words bro. I will miss the jabs you and FN threw at each other. Priceless!

@Engelhard - one of my first "friends" in PL. Best of luck to ya in life buddy.

MrKrone
02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
I've never seen or heard of you before (I'm new), and yet i still feel sad that you're leaving! Lmao.

Anyways, i hope you live a wonderful life. Goodbye, mate.

Hankomachos
02-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Good luck crim, you are absolutely one of the most cool, down to earth forumers I've ever encountered. To bad we never got to know each other better. :(

Stay cool my friend.
-Hank

Fncrazy
02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Good luck homie

CrimsonTider
02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
@Hank - Thank you and I feel the same... the few times we did hang out were fun. Good luck to ya.

@FN - Brother, I remember when we met: Slushie runs while I was leveling my first bird. It's been a pleasurr hanging with ya! Keep the bear population in check!

CowboyJim
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
ROLL TIDE!!! Will Miss ya, man.....I retired from PL back in August but came back again in November.....maybe after some time away, you will come back as well....You never know....I really missed the conversations and the gameplay with friends in PL land.....but life is real and so you need to do what you need to do....In either case, best wishes for your future endeavors, you will be missed.....ROLL TIDE!!!

p.s. I really enjoyed giving all my stuff away too....when I decided to come back, it made it challenging not having any gear or money but my PL friends helped me out and that was very rewarding as well......ROLL TIDE!!

WhoIsThis
02-21-2012, 05:30 PM
A bit late, but farewell. It is time for me to take a different direction as well. PM me if you want to stay in touch later in life.

fuzzylazer
02-23-2012, 04:04 AM
So sad your leaving. :( Lemme find the love symbol lol. There found it! <3

CrimsonTider
02-23-2012, 07:46 AM
@CJ - Roll Tide! And no... won't be back. Too many things I am getting back into that I haven't done since pre-PL. I am a creature of habit and my greatest addiction (cycling) is taking the forefront again. Need to enjoy life while I am still able physically.

@Who - I think I have your info from a previous email but will check and let ya know. You are one of, if not the best, poster on the forums. Good luck to ya.

wvhills
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
u ride a road or mountain bike? I was road riding a lot but shifted to mountain biking after I got a really nice mountain bike. I try to ride 4 or 5 days a week when the weather cooperates.

CrimsonTider
02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
u ride a road or mountain bike? I was road riding a lot but shifted to mountain biking after I got a really nice mountain bike. I try to ride 4 or 5 days a week when the weather cooperates.

I have one of each (both Treks) but love the road more. Before PL, I did 2-3 100 mile rides a year and put about 30-40 miles a day, 6-7 days a week. Living in TN, there are a lot of mountains to climb and nothing beats the scenery once you reach the top! I will hit the trails some too to do some cross-training.

Always good to meet a fellow cyclist!

wvhills
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I have one of each (both Treks) but love the road more. Before PL, I did 2-3 100 mile rides a year and put about 30-40 miles a day, 6-7 days a week. Living in TN, there are a lot of mountains to climb and nothing beats the scenery once you reach the top! I will hit the trails some too to do some cross-training.

Always good to meet a fellow cyclist!

When I was doing road I did about 100 miles a week total. I only did one 100 miler and it was an 108 mile ride with 10,000 feet of elevation gain! Ugh! It was horrible. Haha. Then they opened some really nice mountain bike trails 10 min from where I live so I switched. :)
My mountain bike is a trek and I love it! It's a fuel ex 6.5. :)
If you ever come up to WV to ride give me a shout!

CrimsonTider
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
When I was doing road I did about 100 miles a week total. I only did one 100 miler and it was an 108 mile ride with 10,000 feet of elevation gain! Ugh! It was horrible. Haha. Then they opened some really nice mountain bike trails 10 min from where I live so I switched. :)
My mountain bike is a trek and I love it! It's a fuel ex 6.5. :)
If you ever come up to WV to ride give me a shout!

Sounds great. Once I am back in my old riding form I will be looking for bigger climbs. Only a few climbs in TN which go over 6000 ft.

NECROREAPER
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
All the "oldies" are gonna be 12 year olds and mynas gens soon!! D:

Hope to see you around again soon Crim, take care while you're gone!

CrimsonTider
02-23-2012, 10:29 PM
All the "oldies" are gonna be 12 year olds and mynas gens soon!! D:

Hope to see you around again soon Crim, take care while you're gone!

A lot of the 12 y/o already think they are "oldies". LOL

Thanks for the kind words buddy. Like Seijo, you are not given enough appreciation for what you bring to the PL community.

Zeus
02-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Crimson,

You're one of the people that I looked up to. You always knew what to do in situations and how to handle it.

Besides that, you were a great friend to talk to and have intellectual conversations with. You knew when to step in and show me right from wrong, thus kind of like a father figure in my eyes.

You'll be sorely missed, Crimson.

Thank you for all the times we shared, including my brief stay in C.O.T.

That being said... *ROLL TIDE*

~Parth

DawnInfinity
02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Take care, and good luck. You are a really thoughtful and inspirational dude, and I'm glad to have known you.

Ps- go gamecocks :)

DanielRH
02-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Sad to see you go crimson, had some amazing times with you!!

Ill dedicate the next tourney i win (if i dont have your luck :p) to you! ;)

I hope wherever your headed its bright and cheery! ;)

CrimsonTider
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
@Parth- Thanks for making me feel old. :p J/K! Glad to know I helped you out and maybe made things clear in a time of confusion. Not many young people are willing to accept ghidance at your age. Good luck as you have a bright future. Always remember you are never to old to learn, keep focused on your goals, and life will work out for the better.

@Steph - You just had to throw in a Gamecocks comment! LOL. Just like Partho, you seeem to ha e a brigjt future. Best of luck to ya!

@Dan - Thank you! Continue to use that brilliant mind. God has blessed you with intellegence few possess. Don't waste it, keep your humbleness, and you will be blessed.

Taipan
02-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Never met you in game but when i joined the forums about a two months ago, you were one of the first people i looked up to. Good luck in life.

CrimsonTider
02-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Never met you in game but when i joined the forums about a two months ago, you were one of the first people i looked up to. Good luck in life.

Thank you. But as I have told many others, I was a normal player like you and just did my best share my knowledge and insight for all to benefit. Good luck to you as well.