PDA

View Full Version : Metal junkies unite!

Hankomachos
02-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Hello all! Hank here!

Do you like the metal genre of music? I do! In fact, I worship it. IMO, it's ecstasy to the ears; it's icing on the cake, it's coca cola. It's awesome.

Eh?!

To all the metal heads of this forum, who is your favourite metal band(s)?

All sub-genres of metal are permitted: Nu metal, thrash metal, etc.

I'll start: Metallica (of course!)

PS: I like metal.

Blind
02-19-2012, 05:13 PM
IMO, it's ecstasy to the ears; it's icing on the cake, it's coca cola. It's awesome.
Hey Hank. Not trashing the thread or anything, just discussing :D.

IMHO, metal is not even music, it's just distrubing and irritating noise.

Listening to metal is like a torture to me. I can't understand when there are people on a bus with headphones blasting, listening to these fast drums and all hahah.

Funny how everyone has different taste in music. Unreal.

Here is what i consider the ecsasy to the ears.

Skip to 1:05

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?v=54U3fnY2uEI

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Meshuggah, Norma Jean, Between the Buried and Me (because of how they incorporate piano into their songs, and it's still so sick), Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Hank Williams III (yeah, he does metal too.), I'll think of some others. Oh yeah, if you like death metal check out Amon Amarth's first couple albums.

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey Hank. Not trashing the thread or anything, just discussing :D.

IMHO, metal is not even music, it's just distrubing and irritating noise.

Listening to metal is like a torture to me. I can't understand when there are people on a bus with headphones blasting, listening to these fast drums and all hahah.

Funny how everyone has different taste in music. Unreal.

Here is what i consider the ecsasy to the ears.

Skip to 1:05

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?v=54U3fnY2uEI

If I'm gonna listen to any soundtrack it's gonna be the one from doom. The game for pc, not that lame *** movie.

Blind
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Does it it matter what movie it is? I'm talking about the music...

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Does it it matter what movie it is? I'm talking about the music...

I was talkin about the doom movie bud, not your naruto show.

Blind
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Edited, my bad, misunderstood haha

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 05:33 PM
It's all good man, I've actually never even watched that show. But, back on topic, if you're lookin for more hardcore metal or whatever, Bring Me the Horizon, Job For a Cowboy, and Miss May I are pretty good. I Hate Sally is a pretty sick band with a girl singer too, and she shreds.

adidaman
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Metal can be compared to rap, as in they're both genres that people believe to be music. Metal seems to be a bunch of guys slamming guitars and drums, and someone hoarsely screaming into the microphone, believing that they sound good. Then again, to each his own.

Hankomachos
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey guys, I respect your opinions, but this thread was directed towards those who like metal, not what those think of it.

To all the metal heads of this forum, who is your favourite metal band(s)?

Thanks

Zaltiar
02-19-2012, 07:52 PM
There was a time in my high school days where I really got into metal, mainly for its sick guitar riffs.
I think i listened to a couple of Japanese heavy metal as well lol.
This is how my music time line went:
Punk rock-> funk rock (rhcp ftw!) r&b-> heavy metal-> oldies (queen, Beatles, etc)-> electro synthpop (owl city, swiming with dolphins, <- something bout their music makes me happy all the time) ->alt. Rock (coldplay,muse)
Man, that made me reminisce back to the old days, I can appreciate any type of music :),
course the main stream 'music' these days are alright as well I guess. .__.

Ardon
02-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Metal was my first music love lol

I love me some Iron Maiden, Racer X, Coheed and Cambria, bullet for my valentine, and august burns red.

Though, right now I listen to more soloist instrumentals like Joe Satriani, Buckethead, Paul Gilbert, Steve vai, and Jeff Loomis.

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
There was a time in my high school days where I really got into metal, mainly for its sick guitar riffs.
I think i listened to a couple of Japanese heavy metal as well lol.
This is how my music time line went:
Punk rock-> funk rock (rhcp ftw!) r&b-> heavy metal-> oldies (queen, Beatles, etc)-> electro synthpop (owl city, swiming with dolphins, <- something bout their music makes me happy all the time) ->alt. Rock (coldplay,muse)
Man, that made me reminisce back to the old days, I can appreciate any type of music :),
course the main stream 'music' these days are alright as well I guess. .__.

Ever listen to Takaru or Funeral Diner? I know that Funeral Diner toured Japan some.

Suentous PO
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Iron maiden, tool, queens of stone age, guitar wolf, melvins, iggy and the stooges, slayer,Jesus lizard, and of corse the almighty Motörhead.
Anyone that likes metal should get a cheap guitar and amp and learn a couple power chords, and joyfully annoy their neighbors.
Now I'm gonna tear off my sleeves grow a mullet and go work on a musclecar. :)- Sue

RedRyder
02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Metallica. That is all.
My first guitar was a KH-606, Kirk Hammetts signature guitar.

saool
02-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Apocalyptica (metal cellists), The Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Satyricon, Divine Heresy, Michael Romeo, Michael Angelo, Primus (not metal but tell me Les Claypool isn't sick), Morbid Angel, Children of Bodom, Trivium, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Arch Enemy, Otep (female vocalist that easily out does some guys), Lamb of God, Behemoth, Moonspell, Old Man's Child, Deicide, and many more lol I play bass ftw so I love me some metal.

These are the bands I was heavily influenced by when I played my bass. I should get back into it lol, the hardest thing I know how to play now is "Fugue in D minor" (on bass it is all tap) I tap on bass mostly and play with picks when it comes to faster songs everything else is done with finger strumming. :)

Artentreri
02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Iron maiden, tool, queens of stone age, guitar wolf, melvins, iggy and the stooges, slayer,Jesus lizard, and of corse the almighty Motörhead.
Anyone that likes metal should get a cheap guitar and amp and learn a couple power chords, and joyfully annoy their neighbors.
Now I'm gonna tear off my sleeves grow a mullet and go work on a musclecar. :)- Sue

Have you ever gone to a tool show? Absolutely amazing. I can't say exactly what kind of fun I had, but their light show and visuals blew my mind. That and Maynard comes out in skin tight jeans and a cowboy hat, it was awesome seeing as they let Isis open up for them. No clue why, they were terrible, but that just made seeing tool even better.

StompArtist
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Wait. For those who say that Metal is not music:

You have to realize that metal encompasses several different bands and genres. From bands like Iron Maiden all the way to Scepultura and everything in between. You cannot just throw everything away because it's called Metal!

Ardon
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM

You have to realize that metal encompasses several different bands and genres. From bands like Iron Maiden all the way to Scepultura and everything in between. You cannot just throw everything away because it's called Metal!

Their ears just can't comprehend the awesome-ness of metal

Rittik
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Who Can Forget IRON MAIDEN..
But am totally Into KORN & LAMB OF GOD

WALK WITH ME IN HELLL!!!!

~Rik(Rittik)

Suentous PO
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
@Artentreri, yeah Ozzy said; Maynard is the greatest frontman of all time!
Well, it was Ozzy, so it sounded more like; "aeht mrnrrde Es veh grooightess roikk frhrrnmhn o oil tymme"

saool
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
@artentreri, yeah ozzy said; maynard is the greatest frontman of all time!
Well, it was ozzy, so it sounded more like; "aeht mrnrrde es veh grooightess roikk frhrrnmhn o oil tymme"

r o f l m f a o!!!
Xd

Artentreri
02-22-2012, 11:32 AM
@Artentreri, yeah Ozzy said; Maynard is the greatest frontman of all time!
Well, it was Ozzy, so it sounded more like; "aeht mrnrrde Es veh grooightess roikk frhrrnmhn o oil tymme"

He should be a boss in dl. You get too close to him, he bites your head off.

MimeRifle
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Great point! I dig metal. Metallica is still one of my very favorite bands. I was very much into metal during the hairband era. Had a bad attitude toward pop-metal like Poison and Bon Jovi and Europe. The sweet spot for me was the melodic metal of the day... usually with twin-lead guitars. Bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, eventually on into Queensryche and Fate's Warning and some of the more prog-metal stuff.

Now I listen to more non-metal music than metal, but still indulge myself with the stuff from the 80's along with a few current ones, e.g. Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Mudvayne. Your TMI for TDY.

Artentreri
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I do gotta say, Joey Jordison is an insanely sick drummer. You see the solo where his drum set spins around vertically? It's pretty sweet.

StompArtist
02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
To me some bands have even blurred the line between metal and "other". For example Rush is def sicker than Poison yet Poison is pop metal and Rush is rock progressive. :S

MimeRifle
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
To me some bands have even blurred the line between metal and "other". For example Rush is def sicker than Poison yet Poison is pop metal and Rush is rock progressive. :S
Agreed. Rush is my favorite band, btw, bar none. This is a fact that proves without any sliver of doubt that I am a real nerd. :)

Rittik
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Great point! I dig metal. Metallica is still one of my very favorite bands. I was very much into metal during the hairband era. Had a bad attitude toward pop-metal like Poison and Bon Jovi and Europe. The sweet spot for me was the melodic metal of the day... usually with twin-lead guitars. Bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, eventually on into Queensryche and Fate's Warning and some of the more prog-metal stuff.

Now I listen to more non-metal music than metal, but still indulge myself with the stuff from the 80's along with a few current ones, e.g. Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Mudvayne. Your TMI for TDY.

Slipknot Is My Very Favourite too....Just love their Psycopath Track...Wow Awesome

\m/ (-_-) \m/

~Rik(Rittik)

saool
02-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I forgot to mention The Mars Volta (a progg-rock jazz band)vnot very metal but sick as hell!!!

DocDoBig
10-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Necrohard is going on with me, sorry.

Anyways,
Metal!!!!1!

Nightwish,
Children of Bodom
Five Finger Death Punch
Slipknot
Korn
and good ol' ACDC, Metallica and Iron Maiden ofc.

What also would be interesting: Heavy Metal fans are well tolerated ... if you compare with the East Coast - West Coast Rap war where people even died.

This is why I like Metal, it brings people together! Sooo, let's all meet up at Wacken 2014? ;)

dudetus
10-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh the memories :')

@Doc, as u listed Nightwish, do I have to say for courtesy that I like Ramstein?

DocDoBig
10-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Oh the memories :')

@Doc, as u listed Nightwish, do I have to say for courtesy that I like Ramstein?

Rammstein good ol' stoof when I was young(er)!

*proud being German*

DocDoBig
10-27-2013, 05:09 PM
I forgot to list all the good old founders stuff like Black Sabbath, Motörhead and Venom ofc.

Black Sabbath or - Steppenwolf - 1969/70 (metal was created)
Judas Priest - 1974 (metal was improved)
Motörhead - 1975 (metal was complete)

#True Story

SayCreed
10-29-2013, 11:18 AM
I hate
Heavy metal
Hurts my ears

DocDoBig
10-29-2013, 11:28 AM
I hate
Heavy metal
Hurts my ears

:O!

programmed
10-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I hate
Heavy metal
Hurts my ears

Nub

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Covert
10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
I hate
Heavy metal
Hurts my ears

You must of heard something produced by Rick Rubin then.

Pvpandctf
10-31-2013, 10:58 AM
PS: I like metal.

I'm more metal!

SayCreed
10-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Y u all bully me

*Calls adultline*

DocDoBig
11-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Just holding a presentation about Metal in school.

#truestory

Oldcoot
11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
I think I like you guys more now, I had figured you liked the rap crap.
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/oldcootxx/null_zps03cb750e.png

Promagin
11-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Taylor Swift <3

Trenton
11-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Yay Oldcoot :) How many concerts and which did you go to back in the 70's and 80's? :P

SayCreed
11-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Taylor Swift <3
Idk about u I'm feeling 22

All hail oldcoot Pve rapper

DocDoBig
11-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Coot is the ZZ top for the poors.

He could easily be a band member with his beard.

Zaonabiuibil
11-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm a big progressive metal fan, transitions much better than just making my ears bleed.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Oldcoot
11-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Yay Oldcoot :) How many concerts and which did you go to back in the 70's and 80's? :P

There all a blurr from all the "party favors" if you know what I mean.

Trenton
11-09-2013, 02:32 PM
There all a blurr from all the "party favors" if you know what I mean. You're the best Oldcoot lol :)

dudetus
11-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Motörhead - Ace Of Spades from their live album 'No Sleep Till Hammersmith' is the best goddamn metal song ever made.

And this comes from a guy who listens mainly that hippetyhop music alongside with legends such as Jimmy Hendrix, The Doors and The Ramones. When it comes to rock/metal I'm Oldcoot.

lambofgod
12-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Lamb of god forever tops the show. My head only bangs for their artistic creation. \m/

GuyMcface
12-23-2013, 09:24 PM
I could go for days naming bands on this thread. Good to see fellow metal heads though. I'll just say, the newest band I'm listening to ( newest = I just started listening to them ) is , After the Burial. And I'm learning a few Lamb of God songs on guitar. I know some tool on bass. The only genres I like outside of metal are, classical and jazz fusion (which is pretty much the virtuosoes, like animals as leaders, vai , buckethead.