PDA

View Full Version : My beef with SL

Rare
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM
So, I'm kind of new to Star Legends. Well, I played quite a bit when it was first released, but stopped after capping at 26. Recently, I tried picking it up again while waiting for the new PL content to take a break from constant fang runs.

I have some major, IMO, complaints about the dynamic in SL. I'll list them:

1. The economy in SL is terrible. Credits are very hard to come by making simple things like buying stims way too difficult. At level 40 I don't think I should have a dilemma when it comes to whether or not purchase stims. This has to be fixed IMO. At least give better value for liquidating items.

2. The drop rate for valuable items are way too low.

3. Voleria is a huge bust. And not because the content is bad. Its because of the people playing it. I'm not sure, maybe this has something to do with the gear that is available (i.e. farming options), but it is near impossible to join a game in Inner Core or Planetary Mantle that is looking to finish the map. Probably 29 of the last 30 games I joined run through the first leg and remake to grind XP.

4. Grinding 28K xp is harder in Voleria than 100k in Mt Fang in Pocket Legends. Why? Because its so boring due to item 3. I just can't bring myself to grind the XP. Sure, grinding by definition is boring, but when there is the possibility of maybe picking up some good gear it can be interesting.

5. Crafting gear is near impossible for a lot of people because the cost is such a limitation. 35k credits for 1 recipe? Come on. You know how long it takes to build up 35k credits? I feel sorry for the folks that are selling this gear for less than cost of the recipe. Still, not enough ig currency.

These 5 things, I've found, are the things that are really limited the enjoyment of the game. If you want the game to thrive, you need to address the fringe fan more so than the hardcore fan. That's an unfortunate truth. And as it stands now, its not that much fun for the fringe fan.

Rare
02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Honestly, like you've said, I've been dealing with just the L40 sets and they are fine. And its not so much the crafting part that bothers me. Really, what got me to post this thread was the overall dissatisfaction with Voleria. Maybe people don't like the layout. Like I mentioned, I don't think its the campaign, I think its the people playing. I think its pretty cool. A little "Numa"-esque... but still cool. But its just a grind map. Rarely are there ever any groups that will fight the boss.

Edit: I'm not sure how the popularity of the game is going. It won best MMMORPG. So it must be doing alright. But it seems like its really empty most of the time. Hardly any end game runs going other than to grind.

Cahaun
02-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Seen the Vularia drop rates? If you are talking about the legendary gear that's supposed to be legendary in rarity, then I disagree.

Cahaun
02-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I still do boss runs with my guildies. If you want a run or two... Or 50, add Abekrie

Rare
02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Seen the Vularia drop rates? If you are talking about the legendary gear that's supposed to be legendary in rarity, then I disagree.

I haven't seen a single legendary (pink) drop in Voleria. Of course, that's probably because I've only been able to kill the bosses a few times. I've seen epic drops (purple) every run.

But I wasn't referring to those. I'm referring to valuable items in general. Whether they be green, pink, purple, or vanity. Of course, increasing the drop rates will lower the value of the item. The best solution is to add more credits to the economy by increasing the value of liquidated gear. Allow people to build up a little wealth so they can buy more stims and not break the bank every time.

CodyBearr
02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Honestly the only reason I don't play SL is because I can't afford stim health packs... I like the game and the way everything looks but yeah I'm dying simply because I can't afford health packs & I don't like that so I don't play...

flashbackflip
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Well, maybe i'm reading forums too much but all this 'oh, SL suxx because..' whining starts getting on my nerves..

Hey, Atlannie, you can not earn money on the stims?! O, rly? Don't make my slippers laugh.. There're TONS of ways to solve the situation even without using miners luck elix. Here we go:

1. Find yourself a good friend engie to make runs. If you can't find friend, then join a decent guild. I mean it. We have Yulich in Jedi Council, who is so cool, that even on Voleria i seldom use stims (i don't use them AT ALL on first two maps)

2. You found an engie, but he/she is not THAT cool? Then slow down yo pace! Let the engie heal u twice b4 going to next mob

3. Still can not find an engie? Then make an engie alt especially for farming!

4. You need credits? Go to lower levels and farm there for greens or even orange items for 6-17 lvls. SELL them at the market. Yes, it IS repetitive and YES, sometimes nobody buyes anything, but if yoy plan your timing wise you can get from 200 to 500 creds for oranges and from 1000 to 5000 for greens

5. Make runs on SY boss to get a pink (yes it's rare, but still possible) or purples. Sell them

6. Make runs on second Slouch-o map to get purple armor for 35. Sell it

I can really go on...

The SL economy is terrible?? I don't think so. Inflation is not good thing as in real, so in virtual economies. The amount of zeroes won't solve anything

The droprate of valuables is low? That's why they are valuable! Check the prices for lvl40 armor and you can see what will happen if droprates will b high

Voleria is a bust?? Only because you can't form yo own team and keep joining to grinding pugs? This is just ridiculous

Grinding is boring? YES! Grinding IS boring. The motivation is the cap-vanity-armor. Decide if u want it or not

Crafting recipies are expensive? Yes, they are, but as you noticed you can get already-crafted gear cheaper than the recipies. Also, recipies are being sold on market cheaper. Just have to go there and check often

Play the game more and with diversity. Also use 'search' option on forums to get tips and tricks on doing that and then it will not be that hard to succeed

Peace

Cahaun
02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Honestly the only reason I don't play SL is because I can't afford stim health packs... I like the game and the way everything looks but yeah I'm dying simply because I can't afford health packs & I don't like that so I don't play...
Get a good engie and you don't need stims

Wolves
02-20-2012, 04:42 PM
A pl player with beef about xp runs seems silly to me. AO3 had the tomb and all of the shadow cave lvls are rarely finished. Everything else u complained about are the main differences between the two games. I like the economy the way it is. I like that legendary means legendary and not maybe worthless (ao3 pinks). Stim packs ARE more expensive making the game more difficult and frustrating, and for me, more fun. Sounds like u need another pl alt. try lvling with no pots.

Aculeas
02-20-2012, 04:48 PM
All great points flash.

The reason know one does full runs on V1 is because there are no items worth farming on any of the levels. Save for the guns that thyra zael drops. The armors drop all the time if you are level 40. All you need is a good engie to stay alive just like you need a good mage in pocketlegends the same rules apply.

I agree with you Vanity drop rates are to low. Been grinding for 3-4 months and put 30 hours in in the last 4 days and got no reward.

There are no pink drops in voleria. The only known pinks in the game are The Guttersnipe, Nova Blaster, and Electro razor. Something I hope they change in V2.

Engelhard
02-20-2012, 05:19 PM

Same reason I don't play.....seems it is designed to need plat to survive as I can never afford stims. This is the main thing that drove me away from SL and I guess I'm not the only one <(^_^)>v and good luck to everyone

Dazamo
02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
There is no inflation in SL. STS controls the money. EDIT: "The fractional reserve is used by the US government to change inflation values." You are just seeing the demand, supply, and spending power graph in the game. Simple XYZ chart.

Demand for everything, but stims, is fulfilled forever once the item is received. The market depends on how many new people need that it, not repeat customers.

Supply is purely dictated upon the drop tables.

Spending power is how many credits a player has on hand. Less if they are already saving up for something. Their inventory's value does not mean anything because you liquidate as soon as possible.

Figure out the values, plug them into the graph, and you get a very volatile market that has bubbles, with every expansion, that pop either before, or with luck when, the next expansion occurs.

Just my two cents.

krazii
02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
There are no pink drops in voleria. The only known pinks in the game are The Guttersnipe, Nova Blaster, and Electro razor. Something I hope they change in V2.

There r three pinks that drop in slocho. A helm, chestpiece, and boot or gloves I think. All r class specific.

Rare
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
A pl player with beef about xp runs seems silly to me. AO3 had the tomb and all of the shadow cave lvls are rarely finished. Everything else u complained about are the main differences between the two games. I like the economy the way it is. I like that legendary means legendary and not maybe worthless (ao3 pinks). Stim packs ARE more expensive making the game more difficult and frustrating, and for me, more fun. Sounds like u need another pl alt. try lvling with no pots.

First, no need to get so defensive.

This is a discussion. If you can't handle criticism of the game, you should leave this thread.

maybe you don't agree with my opinions. That's ok. You're entitled to that. In PL pinks are more common and still very valuable. Nobody said they have to be 80% drop.

Lastly, I don't know you, so don't pretend you know me or how i go about gaming :)

Thanks

Rare
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Well, maybe i'm reading forums too much but all this 'oh, SL suxx because..' whining starts getting on my nerves..

My suggestion to you is to stop reading them

To elaborate, I never said Star Legends sucks. In fact, i think it could be a great game. If i didn't, I wouldn't waste my time posting here. I would just delete it.

I understand what you are saying and your suggestions. However, as I mentioned in my op, the objective of a successful business is to reach/satisfy the fringe or casual fan. Not JUST the hardcore fan. The casual fan is not interested I'm paying a game that is frustrating to no end.

I have more to say on the subject but no time

flashbackflip
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Well, i hope my suggestions will help u to stop 'beefing' them

And since u edited yo post, i'll add some points too:

I did not see any usefull suggestions to make game better - just a bunch of complaints, that's what caused my reaction

Casual fans are not paying that much platinum as hardcore ones, so we have a topic about business objectives to dispute here

Also, casual players aren't bothered by lvl cap. If you do so - you tend to be hardcore. And if you tend to be hardcore, then you better read all those great guides in 'players guides' section of the forums. There you will find much more info than i gave in the post

And anytime you have the time, please take yo time and post smth great in 'suggestions' section where we will disscuss your ideas and will help to make this game better

Rare
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM

Well, i hope my suggestions will help u to stop 'beefing' them

And since u edited yo post, i'll add some points too:

I did not see any usefull suggestions to make game better - just a bunch of complaints, that's what caused my reaction

Casual fans are not paying that much platinum as hardcore ones, so we have a topic about business objectives to dispute here

Also, casual players aren't bothered by lvl cap. If you do so - you tend to be hardcore. And if you tend to be hardcore, then you better read all those great guides in 'players guides' section of the forums. There you will find much more info than i gave in the post

And anytime you have the time, please take yo time and post smth great in 'suggestions' section where we will disscuss your ideas and will help to make this game better

Actually, I did provide a simple solution. Increase the liquidation value. Simple.

To your other point, what pays more? 100 people buying 165 play each or one player buying 2000 plat? I'd be willing to bet that ratio is about right.

You mentioned the level cap. That was only a small part of the overall problem I'm talking about. However, i don't think 28k in what? 8 Weeks is very hardcore. Unless you are in voleria where it is dreadfully boring doing runs. I hit the cap during numa (before vanity rewards) and it was a lot more entertaining

This thread wasn't about making a specific suggestion to sts, rather to discuss what others might feel are some shortcomings in the game. That's what we are doing. You don't agree. That's fine.

If i have a suggestion that i want to make, I will certainly post it in the suggestions forum.

flashbackflip
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, i got it now i guess!

But the increasing liquidation value will help you only with stims.. And that is the least problem.. In fact, no problem at all..

All other prices will go sky in no time reacting to new standarts

And about the math u did: 165x100 is bigger than 2000x1, but why 1? I guess it looks more like 165x100 < 2000x50

Anyway, the dialogue seems to get in loops, so lets hear what others say indeed

Rare
02-20-2012, 10:15 PM
And about the math u did: 165x100 is bigger than 2000x1, but why 1? I guess it looks more like 165x100 < 2000x50

The reason i said 100-1 is because that seems like a fair ratio. As a casual player, you'd be willing to dish out 20 for 165 plat. not many non hardcore player will dish out 80 for 2000. In fact many hardcore players wouldn't.

So those were just guesses. but i have a feeling its a lot closer to that than 2/1.

Zaltiar
02-21-2012, 12:12 AM
The current situation with #3 is the same as PL when everyone was waiting for the next cap after lvl 56.
When I joined (it was a bit late) so everyone had already capped or were farming,
It was impossible to find a run for those maps where people wanted to finish the whole map
It was only the first map that was run for XP,
The rest were not even played or rarely. (These maps were the ones that included bandit king+queen, raid roach, gold fever, I just forgot the name)

So I'd guess its just the natural gaming life cycle, as people find ways to get quick XP, they don't really care about the full map.
I myself am at fult at that. But when you're working and at uni, I didn't much time to do the full map.
Other than that, the issue of credits in sl, I fully agree with. I'm guessing its another way sts pushes people to buy stims with platinum.
I hope you do find a group to do runs with, I often do that with my guild :)
If you are ever on, add me on 'Hellcharger' I'll be more than glad to do some runs with you!

Mitchturbo
02-21-2012, 01:17 AM
If you join a tier 3 guild stimpacks are cheaper. 100 for 750 in game creds :-)
Also many players are carrying loads of stims, why don't use ask if they mind lending you some.

Have fun and enjoy the game ;-)

Slant
02-21-2012, 02:18 AM
OP has some really good points

When grinding on Biosphere, you could just sit back, watch a movie, grab a drink and play without actually looking at the screen... something that is impossible to do on any map in voleria
if you compare the number of biosphere runs and the number of voleria runs going on its as if everyone gets to voleria and vanishes

The problem is very apparent if you keep running with PUGS, people keep dying and leaving eventually, lose patience when someone has to lug explosives, lose patience midway into boss battles, keep stepping on mines... it can get chaotic. Not that good runs are not available, they are, but these tend to splinter sooner than the previous few caps...

there is a sudden dip of prices in the new cap, but apart from the cap items, the drop rates seem to be at their logical levels at least with this time around, its just unfortunate that the patch notes dont list how the drops change, so there is no official word on that

merching is cool, but not everyone likes to indulge in that or waste time camping near the ah when they could just be playing. at least in the slouch-o cap you could attempt to drop all parts of a crafted set, something that is impossible to do on the new caps, wonder why this changed

Aquilasoul
02-21-2012, 02:22 AM
So, I'm kind of new to Star Legends. Well, I played quite a bit when it was first released, but stopped after capping at 26. Recently, I tried picking it up again while waiting for the new PL content to take a break from constant fang runs.

1. The economy in SL is terrible. Credits are very hard to come by making simple things like buying stims way too difficult. At level 40 I don't think I should have a dilemma when it comes to whether or not purchase stims. This has to be fixed IMO. At least give better value for liquidating items.

3. Voleria is a huge bust. And not because the content is bad. Its because of the people playing it. I'm not sure, maybe this has something to do with the gear that is available (i.e. farming options), but it is near impossible to join a game in Inner Core or Planetary Mantle that is looking to finish the map. Probably 29 of the last 30 games I joined run through the first leg and remake to grind XP.

4. Grinding 28K xp is harder in Voleria than 100k in Mt Fang in Pocket Legends. Why? Because its so boring due to item 3. I just can't bring myself to grind the XP. Sure, grinding by definition is boring, but when there is the possibility of maybe picking up some good gear it can be interesting.

5. Crafting gear is near impossible for a lot of people because the cost is such a limitation. 35k credits for 1 recipe? Come on. You know how long it takes to build up 35k credits? I feel sorry for the folks that are selling this gear for less than cost of the recipe. Still, not enough ig currency.

These 5 things, I've found, are the things that are really limited the enjoyment of the game. If you want the game to thrive, you need to address the fringe fan more so than the hardcore fan. That's an unfortunate truth. And as it stands now, its not that much fun for the fringe fan.

Good ideas!
Star legends should be
games that can make the players happy and satisfying like pocket legends

many players make the game more lively

Wolves
02-21-2012, 04:46 AM
@OP lol
I didn't mean to sound defensive. Maybe I shud say ur xp run complaint with SL is the same as mine for PL. the difference is I didn't include it in a thread complaing about PL.
Are those AO3 pink guns worth something now? If so, I'm rich.
And my favorite: you complained about the price of stimpacks leading me to believe that you use them, just like everybody else, that is def not a judgement of the way u play. I suspect they are expensive by design so that we need to adjust our gameplay and spending habits if we came from PL.

Do you really want the exact same game as PL with a different "look"?

Bears... IN SPAAAACE!

Anishavie
02-21-2012, 05:55 AM
1. The economy in SL is terrible. Credits are very hard to come by making simple things like buying stims way too difficult. At level 40 I don't think I should have a dilemma when it comes to whether or not purchase stims.

It's harder to come by credits so they are more valuable
It's just like how 1 USD equals to 30 NTD
How does that make the economy terrible

And just buy stims from people not vending machines
Or just accept death and not buy stims

flashbackflip
02-21-2012, 06:34 AM
just accept death and not buy stims

Lol

this is... SPARTAAAA! Oh.. Wait.. VOLERIAAAA!

KillaSkillz
02-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Free stim farming = run the lower maps with 5 stims, everytime you reach 25 stims stash 20 and repeat. Problem solved. That way you don't pay any for stims. Of course that takes time, that's the cost of free :)

No if, ands, or but's. The liquidate rate is too low to not sell in auction. Sorry I would be broke if I scrapped everything I didn't need that was dropped to me. It is a part of the game some may not have interest in but even in pl if you dont sell anything, you really can't buy good stuff easily.

The economy is fine here and if it was changed I would still think its fine. But don't be surprised if it were changed that something that was for sale at 1000 creds becomes 25,000 creds and it is still too much to buy easily.

Rare
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Good ideas!
Star legends should be
games that can make the players happy and satisfying like pocket legends

many players make the game more lively

Exactly... and that's my point. The point would not be to diminish what the "hardcore" players strive for. But to keep people interested that are not as hardcore.

I'll tell you, the single most frustrating thing I deal with is dying so often because its so difficult to stockpile stims (I'm Op by the way). Most likely this is a result of the engis in the game.

I'm not really talking about having access to end game gear. The only reason I brought drop rate up was because of value to be able to earn more credits to stockpile some stims. Nobody wants to run a map, dying 15 times. I'll tell you, this will drive a LOT of people away. I'm talking about something as simple as buying stims to keep from dying so often.

And what happens, as Slant mentioned above, people get frustrated and leave maps. Even people that aren't dying will leave because its taking too long.

I dont know if its because people stay away from Engi because they are so underpowered or if they have the same problem with stims and dont want to use their healing/reviving ability as much. But I've only found a handful of engis that take on the role well. In hindsight, I kind of wish I had started with that class instead of Op. Unfortunately I do not have enough time to dedicate to a second SL toon.

Maybe its because I started in PL, but I love the way the economy in PL is. It can get crazy at times (new campaigns) but when its steady state its great. Just personal opinion I suppose.

Rare
02-21-2012, 09:55 AM
@OP lol
I didn't mean to sound defensive. Maybe I shud say ur xp run complaint with SL is the same as mine for PL. the difference is I didn't include it in a thread complaing about PL.
Are those AO3 pink guns worth something now? If so, I'm rich.
And my favorite: you complained about the price of stimpacks leading me to believe that you use them, just like everybody else, that is def not a judgement of the way u play. I suspect they are expensive by design so that we need to adjust our gameplay and spending habits if we came from PL.

Do you really want the exact same game as PL with a different "look"?

Bears... IN SPAAAACE!

No, I'm not saying it should be the same. However, the PL model I think is great. And what I mean is that SL can adjust in that direction. It doens't have to be the same, but it doesn't have to be so far in the other direction either.

I agree, the xp runs are also annoying in PL. Whether it be Bandit Boy Hideout, Haunted Symphony, or Crypts. However, I haven't found it difficult in PL to find games to join that will run the whole map. And I still see a LOT of EG players that still do runs in Fang.

EDIT: And let me also add this. I would like it if SL continues to succeed. I think there are a lot great things about this game. I personally like the gameplay and toony graphics of PL better, but I like the theme of SL much more. I personally feel some kind of loyalty to STS games for some reason. So I'll continue playing them. If I had picked up SL for the first time instead of PL, I don't think I would have that kind of loyalty and I probably would never have tried PL.

Rare
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
It's harder to come by credits so they are more valuable
It's just like how 1 USD equals to 30 NTD
How does that make the economy terrible

And just buy stims from people not vending machines
Or just accept death and not buy stims

Come on, that's completely different. The economy WOULD be bad if the folks in Taiwan had to come over to the US to spend their money.

Now, if things were scalled equally it wouldn't be a problem. If the credits/gold ratio were 50/1 and the stim/potion costs were 50/1 it would be a different story. But that's not the case. credits/gold is about 50/1 (arguable yes, but in the ballpark) while stim/potion is about 1.66/1 (1250/750)

Free stim farming = run the lower maps with 5 stims, everytime you reach 25 stims stash 20 and repeat. Problem solved. That way you don't pay any for stims. Of course that takes time, that's the cost of free :)

Killa... I get that. And I did that for a while. Problem is, a casual player will not go through this painstaking process. They will get annoyed and quit. The folks that LOVE Star Legends will do it, because its a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Someone that picks the game up to try it out will say "this is lame." Its too hard. And they will put it down.

This is the point I'm making.

tommyphom
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
If you need a buddy, I don't mind doing full runs! :) just add me in the game.
IGN's : tommyphom, tommyyphom, tommyyyphom. All lvl 40s. Op, eng, com.

Rare
02-21-2012, 10:59 AM
If you need a buddy, I don't mind doing full runs! :) just add me in the game.
IGN's : tommyphom, tommyyphom, tommyyyphom. All lvl 40s. Op, eng, com.

I'll add you when I log back on.

Wolves
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
I really like the adjustments of the PL model that make SL different and unfortunately make u beef. I don't play PL anymore mostly because SL gameplay FEELS faster to me. But also cuz my lvl 50 bear can't find games and I'm not taking him to mt fang or wherever.
Anyway. I think ur right. U picked a very frustrating class. I did nothing but die for 35 lvls with my op, but after a respec and focusing my skills toward high damage low cool down and working that boom bust economy to get full custom gear I have a total beast that is incredibly fun to play (way more than my engi alt) but who still relies on tanks to go first and the occasional stim or heal skill.
Lastly. Ive had the same thought about people playing SL engis. I PL it seems the healers are watching the stat bars closer than the game, it seems the opposite is usually the case in SL. However, I have yet to meet a healer that dosen't have rev in SL like so many PVP elves. Hope I never do.

Really just ask for heals when u need it.
The economy is what it is. Won't be "fixed" in SL or RL.

Taipan
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
No offense, but usually the reason a person makes a thread is for other people to read it.
And I can easily make 700+ credits a day. I think the lower liquidation value and drop rate for pinks and vanities is good.
Gold in pl isnt really worth much because you could get a ton in one day.
Just my opinion

Rare
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
No offense, but usually the reason a person makes a thread is for other people to read it.
And I can easily make 700+ credits a day. I think the lower liquidation value and drop rate for pinks and vanities is good.
Gold in pl isnt really worth much because you could get a ton in one day.
Just my opinion

700 credits a day doesn't even buy you 100 stims. As an op, I can eat through that in 5 or 6 runs in Inner Core.

The value of the money is relative. You make more... you pay more. But some things in game are not dictated by economy. The obvious being the cost of stims. If the value of a credit is much greater in SL, the the cost of stims should be much less in SL. If we're talking relative.

And you're right. We do post to get people to read and respond. But if it annoys them they should stay away from them. That's my point. I'm only looking out for them :)

ToPBoY
02-22-2012, 01:23 PM
I seem to be doing alright from the SL economy, 2,100,000 credits, 2 Xray Visors and every other vanity drop ingame. You work the market correctly and you can gain credits easily.

Rare
02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
I seem to be doing alright from the SL economy, 2,100,000 credits, 2 Xray Visors and every other vanity drop ingame. You work the market correctly and you can gain credits easily.

I understand.

I don't think my point is getting across clearly or maybe I'm causing confusion. I didn't mean this thread as my complaint about the economy for my own sake. You clearly are a hardcore player. Is that safe to assume (3-4 hours a day on average)? Nothing is wrong with that, don't get me wrong. The whole point of this thread is to address the casual player (who MAY someday become a hardcore player). The person that is sitting around one day and downloads the game. Or the person that plays games occasionally and decides to try out star legends.

When someone is trying to get interested in a game, it is very difficult to do so if they have to dedicate so much time and effort into something as simple as buying health stimpacks. That is what I mean in terms of the economy. At level 40 in the game a player shouldn't still be struggling to build cash and by stims.

Think about it this way... other than vanity (because they are so rare) how much is the most valuable drop worth? 10k (I may be WAY off here)? How many stims is that worth at the discounted tier 3 price.

Cahaun
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Weird... I'm hardcore and I buy no platinum lol
anyways the prices for liquidation is higher than usual lately. When I first played Star Legends, the liquidation prices were 1-3 credits each.

Ardon
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Weird... I'm hardcore and I buy no platinum lol
anyways the prices for liquidation is higher than usual lately. When I first played Star Legends, the liquidation prices were 1-3 credits each.

That was because of the low quality gear. Since then epics and legendary have been added.

Rawrimafish
02-24-2012, 10:08 AM
I didn't feel like reading it all but I can help you lvl or with quests...Im bored in a line with Phoenix (guild).

Cahaun
02-27-2012, 05:13 PM
That was because of the low quality gear. Since then epics and legendary have been added.
Nope. The orange gear liquidation prices went up also.

Snakespeare
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
The reason why people say that about stims is because they are playing poorly. If you an engineer and you run up front, you are playing poorly. Same for ops. Let the commandos tank. That's their job. And try to pull and isolate the mobs. Remember Swamps before the nerf? Everyone said it was hard, but the good players said it was the best. Ops, focus your attacks on the mobs in back. They are doing what you should do, hanging back and attacking the high DPS. And if they win it's because you're not. Engies have many ways to prop up the party. We have enough buffs and debuffs to occupy most of our time, so it's unnecessary to prove that we engies are tanks. We're not, and when we die, everyone dies, so don't try to be a hero. It's a group game. When the group works together, you don't need to use so many stims.

But I will agree that the first boards, with the Juicers, is a stim trap. You can't even go in there with a level 10 and beat them without using stims. Just go on to Red Sun as soon as you get to level 3, which, with the Free Daily is about by the end of map 1. Come back for the quests when you are stronger. Red Sun is a better place to level new characters.

KingXaven
02-28-2012, 06:47 AM

1.) I don't necessarily think the economy is bad. I agree the Stims are over priced. I also think that it would help if we had more than 1 slot at auction to begin with to start selling stuff.

2.) Well in all honesty that's what makes them so valuable :)

3.) Well I am guilty of doing xp runs on these maps as well, but there are times when I will run a whole campaign. It just depends usually on what the people I"m with are doing. If you want to run some maps feel free to add me KingXaven and I would be more than happy to run some campaigns with you. :)

4.) On this I wouldn't know. I haven't played that portion of PL. In fact I started SL before I tried out PL. I tried PL a few times. I haven't gone back in awhile. I just don't like that game very much.

5.) Agreed far too expensive for the recipes.

I have to agree here but not so much at this post, but quite a few I've read on other posts.

Maybe its because I started in PL, but I love the way the economy in PL is. It can get crazy at times (new campaigns) but when its steady state its great. Just personal opinion I suppose.

See this is what I don't get...Yes Stims are over priced on SL as we have discussed but on PL you spend way more on Manna potions. Which is much more annoying than not having Stims. At least if you don't have any Stims a good Engi will take care of you.

EDIT: And let me also add this. I would like it if SL continues to succeed. I think there are a lot great things about this game. I personally like the gameplay and toony graphics of PL better, but I like the theme of SL much more. I personally feel some kind of loyalty to STS games for some reason. So I'll continue playing them. If I had picked up SL for the first time instead of PL, I don't think I would have that kind of loyalty and I probably would never have tried PL.

Meh no no no PL is hokey and your chars don't even walk they hobble!

Humbly requesting tutorial on "how to work the market" good :)

The reason why people say that about stims is because they are playing poorly. If you an engineer and you run up front, you are playing poorly. Same for ops. Let the commandos tank. That's their job. And try to pull and isolate the mobs. Remember Swamps before the nerf? Everyone said it was hard, but the good players said it was the best. Ops, focus your attacks on the mobs in back. They are doing what you should do, hanging back and attacking the high DPS. And if they win it's because you're not. Engies have many ways to prop up the party. We have enough buffs and debuffs to occupy most of our time, so it's unnecessary to prove that we engies are tanks. We're not, and when we die, everyone dies, so don't try to be a hero. It's a group game. When the group works together, you don't need to use so many stims.

But I will agree that the first boards, with the Juicers, is a stim trap. You can't even go in there with a level 10 and beat them without using stims. Just go on to Red Sun as soon as you get to level 3, which, with the Free Daily is about by the end of map 1. Come back for the quests when you are stronger. Red Sun is a better place to level new characters.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sapient
02-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Part of the reason for PV high drop rates is because they want to keep to their roots, casual game play. This form of casual playing is not keeping extreme players around.

A simple solution would be to lower the stats on the trash items/greens. Keep the epics were they are, and offer very low probability drop full set of legendary gear. Gear would be better then the crafted armor, but would be a lot rarer.

This at least provides players with options.

Full set of tier 2 epic
Epic crafted items that are almost tier 1
Legendary tier 1 gear that only drops on bosses. To encourage map completion, boss room only opens up after mobs are cleared.
Or trash/green items and platinum gears if casual.

To fix price manipulation:

Players should not be able to sell a item back to the CS until 24 hours after purchasing the item. Also, limits of how many of one item you can sell at a time. This still allows for merchanting, but also provides a level of control/balance.

Sryyoulose
02-29-2012, 12:19 AM

Haha let the comandos tank... There are 40s on red sun that say you your a comando go tank! I'm thinking dude... He's lvl 7 your 40 who do you think should tank? You 1 hit auto them sheesh... And when comandos tank the engis NEED to heal and the Ops NEED to kill So if your a comando don't feel obligated to tank unless you got a decent pal or 2 or 3 or 4!

Taipan
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
#3. Voleria is a huge bust. And not because the content is bad. Its because of the people playing it. I'm not sure, maybe this has something to do with the gear that is available (i.e. farming options), but it is near impossible to join a game in Inner Core or Planetary Mantle that is looking to finish the map. Probably 29 of the last 30 games I joined run through the first leg and remake to grind XP.

Some people (including me) do not feel like doing full runs (1-5) to get 28000 xp you also can get more xp in 2 runs at inner core than a full run anywhere in Voleria

Ardon
02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Maybe if there was more incentive to reach the end, more people would do full runs. If only bosses dropped end game gear that would be cool. 5 maps are always the norm, so maybe each piece of gear (arms, boots, chest, back, helmet) drop at each boss. Going from arms to helmet as it gets harder. Pistols can drop at the 4th boss and the 5th boss would drop class guns and helmet.

Sapient
02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Good incentive would be loots that only drop on the boss, not mobs or chests and only have a chance of dropping after a certain number of mobs are killed.

RaptorBlitz
03-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Personally, my beef is that the later Dynastar levels require way too many stims. I've always thought that Dynastar was meant to more of a tutorial- esque map pack, as it's the one you get slammed in when you first start SL. The first 2
levels represent this mindset, but other 3 = use all your stims and die or get someone high level to do your work. For a lvl 2-6 map pack, the Mad Doc hits my level 7 commando with premium armour and stuff for about a quarter of my health, which I think is kinda ridiculous. Red sun is definitely a better place to level up a low level character but I don't think many new players would know how to join a Red Sun game.