PDA

View Full Version : Anti Auc Scammer Movement!

Overbear
07-18-2020, 01:24 PM
Wait. You're not subscribed to my youtube channel? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!
SUBSCRIBE NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO0hKz2TFz6RyxEmULMg13Q

Sherlocked
07-18-2020, 01:44 PM
I am starting a new movement. My ign is Overbear, and I'm tired of these auction scammers who rip people off. I can't believe STS added the option to report someone for scam but calls this fair play. Incase you don't know, some people decide to put things in auction very high price in hopes that someone in a rush accidently buys them. For example, during this booty event, they might put a legendary booty chest for very high gold, with the intent to ripoff/scam someone.

Anyways, STS won't do anything so I'ma do something.
From now on, everytime I see a scam like this going on, I am going to list one for a higher value. The goal is that the person who would've been scammed buys mine instead, and I will pay back their gold! WE MUST FIGHT BACK THESE SCAMMERS FOR THE SAKE OF ARLOR! JOIN ME TODAY IN STOPPIN THESE SCAMS!

+1 make a guild it’ll be easy to communicate in-game

Anil LK Joseph
07-18-2020, 03:43 PM
Lol sounds like a much bigger scam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jausa
07-18-2020, 03:46 PM
I am starting a new movement. My ign is Overbear, and I'm tired of these auction scammers who rip people off. I can't believe STS added the option to report someone for scam but calls this fair play. Incase you don't know, some people decide to put things in auction very high price in hopes that someone in a rush accidently buys them. For example, during this booty event, they might put a legendary booty chest for very high gold, with the intent to ripoff/scam someone.

From now on, everytime I see a scam like this going on, I am going to list one for a higher value. The goal is that the person who would've been scammed buys mine instead, and I will pay back their gold! WE MUST FIGHT BACK THESE SCAMMERS FOR THE SAKE OF ARLOR! JOIN ME TODAY IN STOPPIN THESE SCAMS!Also someone else posting for a bit less value would offer more protection. Thanks for the attempt, very much appreciated.
Lol sounds like a much bigger scam

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe op said he would give the gold back.

Anil LK Joseph
07-18-2020, 03:47 PM
Also someone else posting for a bit less value would offer more protection. Thanks for the attempt, very much appreciated. The op said he would give the gold back.

Rarely people actually “give back” xd We all been playing for years so we know

Motherless_Child
07-18-2020, 03:56 PM

From now on, everytime I see a scam like this going on, I am going to list one for a higher value. The goal is that the person who would've been scammed buys mine instead, and I will pay back their gold! WE MUST FIGHT BACK THESE SCAMMERS FOR THE SAKE OF ARLOR! JOIN ME TODAY IN STOPPIN THESE SCAMS!

Solution = Slow down and pay attention to what you are doing..... There is no cure for becoming excited and doing hasty things...........

Pay attention and let them waste gold..........

Nuties
07-18-2020, 03:59 PM
You must be kidding, this thread can't be true...

Anil LK Joseph
07-18-2020, 04:04 PM
Solution = Slow down and pay attention to what you are doing..... There is no cure for becoming excited and doing hasty things...........

Pay attention and let them waste gold..........

Exactly all you have to do in this situation is make people aware

Dmothra
07-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Lmao

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

Overbear
07-18-2020, 06:17 PM
I'm not going to scam, why would I ruin my reputation over that. Sigh, maybe I won't do this after all.

Saint Jaffo
07-18-2020, 08:47 PM

I like the idea of starting an anti auction scammer movement, but I'm not sure about the way you'll do it. I'm not saying you won't give people back their money, but other people can think different things. +1 because this is the first post I see about someone taking initiative.

Encryptions
07-18-2020, 09:37 PM
Don't list items in auc, people will purposely buy them because they know they will get their gold back. Unless say you list an item for 20m and tax is 1m, you pay them back 19m because the 1m was auc tax.

hyxx
07-26-2020, 05:22 AM
Its your time to shine,go put blotto crate 999m each 0=0,those crate sold fast every after boss died

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Roycedamagnet
07-27-2020, 12:44 AM
Oh god the cringe is dripping. Just going to pretend I didn't read this. Good luck with your rebellion though.

Majin
07-27-2020, 05:03 AM
If u dont have any idea for price then simply Ask in guild or go to expedition camp and ask merch players.

Cant call someone unfair if they wanna sell items for higher price.

Encryptions
07-27-2020, 06:34 AM
If u dont have any idea for price then simply Ask in guild or go to expedition camp and ask merch players.

Cant call someone unfair if they wanna sell items for higher price.So if I am spam buying awake gems in auc for 100k and I accidentally buy an awake gem in auc for 20m; I should ask guild or merch players for its price?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Faotblack
07-27-2020, 07:31 AM
So if I am spam buying awake gems in auc for 100k and I accidentally buy an awake gem in auc for 20m; I should ask guild or merch players for its price?

Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkAren't you just answering your own question?

07-27-2020, 07:34 AM
Eh erm, isn't he banned?

Gardenthief
07-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Cant call someone unfair if they wanna sell items for higher price.

Unfortunately, if a person decides to list an item that is 10x to 100x more expensive than the item fluctuation price, their intention is not for their items to be sold "for higher price", but to capitalize on people's hastiness, carelessness and inexperience. Someone with the intent for their items to be sold will not place their items at astronomical prices that no one will buy under normal circumstances. Unfair? Maybe not. Scummy? Definitely.

@OP I applaud your strong sense of justice and appreciate your efforts if they are genuine. However, I don't think its possible to know if everyone who joins the movement is genuine, and there's no way to monitor if they really will give back all the gold. By all means, keep doing what you're doing, but making it into a movement is risky.

I do think that whilst it is impossible to get rid of 100% of these scams, both the community and the devs can take steps towards lessening the amount of people that fall for them.

As a community, we can:
1. Be more aware and patient when buying from Auction
2. Don't hold onto a lot of gold, keep most of it in stash
3. Develop the habit of pressing the up arrow "^" above "Price/Unit" everytime you open Auction
4. Spread awareness of these type of scams, especially to new players

Devs can also help with this, especially for the sake of newer players. One suggestion is to make a "Tutorials" section in the menu, with one tutorial being "Popular scams to watch out for". Another suggestion is to make the Auction default to sort by Price/Unit, or maybe just get rid of Price/Stack entirely (not sure about this one).

Jausa
07-27-2020, 09:43 AM
I think the best solution to this would be to hide items that are listen in auc from players that we have ignored. This would put these people on the right tracks, after a while they will stop overprcing. Also they get a nice reward when they press "cancel all expired" everytime they list. Well deserved reward

Saint Jaffo
07-27-2020, 10:01 AM
Best solution is to be careful when buying something at auction. It displays price per item and bulk. Not supporting anyone, just giving my opinion.

Spooked
07-27-2020, 11:07 AM
I can almost guarantee many people will use this as a safeguard for when one of their blotto crates sell for 40 mill and They run off with their newfound riches
The only solution to fixing this is simply putting a ban on it.
If people can get banned for dummy farming kills then i wonder how this is perfectly legal.

Dock544
08-19-2020, 01:56 PM
There is no such thing as auction scam stop making stuff up.

The balde of shakuras
08-19-2020, 02:34 PM
Actually, there is. A people called zeferoth posts a bunch of item for like 3-5 times more then their real price, and actually he made a bunch of money by this way...

kennethcabinet
08-20-2020, 02:32 PM
bruh HAHAHAA

Boneybro
08-20-2020, 02:40 PM
Actually, there is. A people called zeferoth posts a bunch of item for like 3-5 times more then their real price, and actually he made a bunch of money by this way...Um... there is nothing wrong with listing for higher prices since it is you and only yourself who is buying the item that a person lists ie,its your choice nobody aint forcing you to buy an item that he lists

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Overbear
08-20-2020, 03:42 PM
God damn it why did you guys have to revive this thread lmao

Abdu ._.
08-25-2020, 03:16 PM
There is no such thing as auction scam stop making stuff up.Yes there is

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

zeferoth
08-26-2020, 08:54 PM
this is funny

Abdu ._.
08-26-2020, 09:03 PM
this is funnyAren't you a manipulator

Overbear
08-26-2020, 10:29 PM
Aren't you a manipulator

Yes, that's literally all he does. He sits and fake increases prices lmao. Check auc, theres always multipe things he has auctioned that are super overpriced.