PDA

View Full Version : Huge skills buttons on asus transformer

Shellkaz
02-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Hello, I am in the process of making a switch from my iPad first gen to an asus transformer. So far I'm liking it but I've noticed that the skills buttons are huge! Almost twice the size of the ones on my iPad. This is making it difficult to use my skills efficiently. It's a stretch to reach the ones farthest from the edge of the tablet. (it's uncomfortable too)

Is this normal? Or is there something I can do to reduce the size? Thanks a bunch in advance. I'd post screenies but I'm still figuring the thing out so if anyone knows how to take a screen shot with the asus transformer I'd really appreciate it.

Darkfader
02-21-2012, 07:48 AM
All you have to do is tap and hold the Recent Apps button on the screen. This will take a screenshot of the screen that you currently have.

However if you still cannot take a screenshot after doing and following the instructions religiously then there is a slight problem with your device. Your device settings are set in a different way (this can happen because manufacturers put different settings depending on location). To allow screen captures, simply go to the Settings tab of your Android Asus Transformer. Proceed to Screen then make sure that the checkbox beside Screenshot is checked and turned on. Click Yes when you are asked if you want to stay under the Screenshot mode.

Samhayne
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
It's because all Android devices use the same layout. It's the same wether you're on a 480x600 phone or 728x1024 tablet. So, it makes it a bit wonky. The iPhone and iPad have different layouts, so the iPad layout makes better use of the available space. We're aware of it (we have Android tablets here). It's no small task to make a complete new UI, so it's been waiting for a bit.

Shellkaz
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Ahh ok! Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but wanted to be sure. Since I didn't notice the issue on my old Droid 2 phone. Guess I better get used to reaching for those skills. Since I'm really hoping to be part of the beta for DL.