PDA

View Full Version : Tips/Guide to dealing with rushers in PvP

Shaocalur
02-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Hello world of STS and Star Legends and such of things like that! I am here to give you some tips and guide you through the world of rushers.

How to deal with rushers

Steps:

1. Try talking to them.

Sometimes all a rusher wants is a simple apology for shooting them or something.

2. Ask them to stop.

Sometimes rushers think while they are you fighting you, you are fighting them back. Telling them to stop may be all it takes.

3. Try to see if they speak your language.

Rarely, a rusher might not speak your language and won't understand you when your telling them "Please stop attacking me." This is where Google Translate comes in.

4. Fight them back.

Sometimes a rusher may just be going through a tough time and is just looking for a way to relieve stress. Knocking a little sense into them never hurt anyone now has it? :tongue:

4.1. Repulse them:

Don't you just hate fighting an op and they lurch you? Use that to help against rushers!
Repulse and back away this frustrates them and they quit... Easy way to get rid of em while still being able to pvp!

5. Just leave.

If this rusher is really out to get you, just leave the match. Take a break and go hang with some friends or kill a couple Volerian bosses.

5.1 Leave and make your own game

Since rushers travel from arena to arena, they will come to your map eventually. And then.... you just boot them. And again. And one more time))

6. Know when to stop.

If you are on step #4 and the rushers has stopped attacking you, just stop before you really make them angry and they start again.

7. Last resort.

If it's really that bad, find my op in-game (Vanished) and I'll teach that rusher a lesson or two on how to rush. :tounge:*

...And that, ladies and gentlemen concludes my first guide! I know, it was short and probably not all that helpful. BUT! It was on my mind and I had to get this out there! Leave comments on things I that I should add and I will get back to you.

Tips:
Worst thing to do, gangbang. Just stop, either they stop or they don't, if they don't just create a new game. Don't team up. That just makes them continue.

Dont let them kill you at all costs. If they get u once they keep trying. Ive seen this one engi, blade sumthin pop in, shot his dots, then leave, then repeat. Its real deadly to ops, DO NOT let them get a kill.

*If your having trouble with a custom commando your on your own. >.< Lol good luck!

iAmPain
02-21-2012, 08:31 PM
very nice..this would probably help new pvp'ers to avoid being MAD all day long cause they've been rushed.. LOL

Shaocalur
02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
very nice..this would probably help new pvp'ers to avoid being MAD all day long cause they've been rushed.. LOL

True that!

Commanderkeen
02-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Nice bud great guide.

Shaocalur
02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Nice bud great guide.

Thanks! Have anything that I should add?

Sryyoulose
02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
My first day pvping (Today) I was rushed something I have learned is to repulse and back away this frustrates them and they quit... Easy way to get rid of em while still being able to pvp!

Shaocalur
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
My first day pvping (Today) I was rushed something I have learned is to repulse and back away this frustrates them and they quit... Easy way to get rid of em while still being able to pvp!

OKay, nice! I'll add that when I get a chance.

Jblazer
03-02-2012, 03:25 PM
yeah this guy name Ozoyura got mad at me in arena cause i stole his kill on accident the guy i was gonna fight said go and i went to fight and the person ozoyura was fighting was running away so when i went to fight my target it went on his target and 1 shot kill and i got credited for it so he has been rushing me

Taipan
03-02-2012, 05:31 PM
yeah this guy name Ozoyura got mad at me in arena cause i stole his kill on accident the guy i was gonna fight said go and i went to fight and the person ozoyura was fighting was running away so when i went to fight my target it went on his target and 1 shot kill and i got credited for it so he has been rushing me
If I read this correctly, u did interfere in a fair fight and stole someones kill. Btw, did u try the guide? lol

Hullukko
03-05-2012, 07:08 AM
And if I read that correctly, the interference was an accident and certainly doesn't warrant the retaliatory over and over again rushing that is all too common in these arenas. Overboard retaliation is just another form of griefing.

Those that get frustrated by such accidental interference should just get a room of their own or lash it out on due target, namely STS. They've received countless suggestions and feedback about the pathetic (mostly nonexisting) user interface we for the arenas since PL got its arenas. If they were more like "rocket arenas" or "clan arenas" with some framework we wouldn't have to deal with all the bs and perhaps even more importantly newbies wouldn't get hammered to oblivion for shooting someone in an arena while being oblivious to the "go" and no-rushing protocol. I mean, we lose so awfully many potential new pve players due these rushing rules that it's just mind boggling. (and things are even worse in the twinking arenas)

Cero
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
check there k/d ratio, k/d with less than 100 on both are pretty new and doesnt know how we do pvp this days.

flashbackflip
03-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I might add to the 5th point:

Since rushers travel from arena to arena, they will come to your map eventually. And then.... you just boot them. And again. And one more time))

Shaocalur
03-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I might add to the 5th point:

Added. Thanks for the feedback!

Swords
03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
my pvp kills are 21/2

The rushers gave me the 2 -_-

Mrbananaz
03-15-2012, 01:15 AM
well i think this s very good for new pvpers who dont know wat they r doin so what if they cant do anythin abt it and think they just suck?

DevilsAngel
03-21-2012, 04:01 PM
I love rushers!! Easy, free kills ;)

Shaocalur
03-26-2012, 03:55 PM
well i think this s very good for new pvpers who dont know wat they r doin so what if they cant do anythin abt it and think they just suck?

No one "sucks" at a video game my dear Banana. Every is better in their own way some just haven't found that way yet. Some die more often then others XD

Morrigana
06-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Wow, thank you. I found this very helpful. I am relatively new to pvp, not much else to do since I capped. Rushers are very frustrating especially when I am trying to perfect my pvp strategy and find what works for me. Great post :D

Shaocalur
06-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Wow, thank you. I found this very helpful. I am relatively new to pvp, not much else to do since I capped. Rushers are very frustrating especially when I am trying to perfect my pvp strategy and find what works for me. Great post :D

Thanks, I'm glad you find it helpful.

Edited the OP with a 7th step.

Zaonabiuibil
06-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Worst thing to do, gangbang. Just stop, either they stop or they don't, if they don't just create a new game. Don't team up. That just makes them continue.

Samopwn
07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I love rushers!! Easy, free kills ;) lol devil most rushers i say stop if they dont u just kill them and again and again again free kills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

Popular
07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
P.s.

Eng's cannot win to 2 or more rushers.. Esp op rushers...
They'll just become a dead fishy..

shipmasterz
07-18-2012, 03:32 AM
Vanished, that was a verrryy thorough yet short post...i admire your straightforwardness :P yeah, that helped me quite a bit in dealing with rushers...but i havent seeked you out yet :/

Shaocalur
07-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Vanished, that was a verrryy thorough yet short post...i admire your straightforwardness :P yeah, that helped me quite a bit in dealing with rushers...but i havent seeked you out yet :/

Glad you found it helpful. What level are you?

gokuryu
07-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Tactx keeps following me from lobby to lobby rushing me. How do I suppose dealing with this?

Seiyen
07-28-2012, 03:23 AM
Tactx keeps following me from lobby to lobby rushing me. How do I suppose dealing with this?

Thats not tac,thats me lol

gokuryu
07-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Thats not tac,thats me lol

so you admit following me?

akfury
07-29-2012, 01:10 AM

Dude I would follow you I have no respect for you trolls I would rush you on sight

Jblazer
07-29-2012, 02:54 AM

Trolled.xD

Seiyen
07-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Yea i do :)

akfury
07-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Yea i do :)

No it was me !!! I did it '

Ucazhaus
08-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Dont let them kill you at all costs. If they get u once they keep trying. Ive seen this one engi, blade sumthin pop in, shot his dots, then leave, then repeat. Its real deadly to ops, DO NOT let them get a kill.

HylianSamurai
08-25-2012, 06:08 AM
No one "sucks" at a video game my dear Banana. Every is better in their own way some just haven't found that way yet. Some die more often then others XD

I'm the best die-er in the solar system.:eagerness:

Shaocalur
08-26-2012, 06:00 PM

This is also very true.

I'm the best die-er in the solar system.:eagerness:

Lol that's the spirit!

Janetxo
10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Best ways to deal with rushes in pvp is to just rush back unless your out numbered... But they'll be alone sooner or later :>

gison
10-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Orrrrrrr, just befriend them -.-

Crazyhealer
08-13-2013, 08:36 PM
just team them n farm them, good for dealing them n getting kills urself(napalm is good)

infinateshadex
10-17-2013, 12:48 PM
best way to deal with rushers in twinks pvp "get a higher level" if the rusher gets higher level hope he isn't better than u. if it is your room, boot the high level and wait till he joins with his low level, and farm the stuffing out of him. this stratigy works, but makes him rage at u. (btw if u lose to his low lvl... give up ur prob up against a pro, or your just a noob) C:

CARNIVALCLOWN
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
sorry but all those helpful tips wont stop me from rushing, except booting.

Laughinkiid
05-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Nice But I dont lose much but thanks.

Deathplague
05-03-2014, 02:52 PM
He beats everyone in pvp

Conquered
05-04-2014, 09:23 AM
rlly? :o

Catqueen
12-14-2022, 07:04 PM
Cap op rushers now crazy

Hardrush
12-14-2022, 08:12 PM
Lol.. the last post is 2014

Please
02-17-2023, 05:06 PM
sorry but all those helpful tips wont stop me from rushing, except booting.

Yes and now devs decide to take booting away . Amazing

Xenogenetic
04-19-2023, 10:11 PM
As a com I encourage rushing. I don't like though, how we have an almost useless heal skill, while OP and ENGI can still fully heal mid fight.

Com vigor with a max chest and survivalist (which is useless almost) can still only heal around 250-300hp while we carry as much as 3k health. That's useless in long term. Op and Engi can heal 1/2-3/4 health off a single skill use. That needs to be fixed!

Hardrush
04-20-2023, 05:39 AM
As a com I encourage rushing. I don't like though, how we have an almost useless heal skill, while OP and ENGI can still fully heal mid fight.

Com vigor with a max chest and survivalist (which is useless almost) can still only heal around 250-300hp while we carry as much as 3k health. That's useless in long term. Op and Engi can heal 1/2-3/4 health off a single skill use. That needs to be fixed!There are alot of things that need be fixed in this game. Commando's heal isn't one of this things

Enviado de meu moto g(8) power usando o Tapatalk

killme_softlyll
04-27-2023, 05:57 PM
Also they need to fix the "Tap to move" in
settings. It has a glitch.

Realities
01-21-2024, 04:27 AM
I'll try those tips and I hope they help me

Realities
01-21-2024, 04:29 AM
I'll try those tips and I hope they help me
Just trying to understand the forum process