PDA

View Full Version : Which character is the best in the game?

IanJones
02-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I maxed out my bear in PL and was unhappy with my character selection through the second half of the game. Granted I changed to a 100% DEX bear and I now have the crafted Sanguine Set, but I wish I would have been a mage. They seem to dominate later in the game but didn't seem that hot in the first half of the game, especially when the items became more rare and the bear's items seem to be the cheapest/weakest.

With that said, who should I choose as my character in SL? Which characters items are the best in the game currently with the latest update? I want to choose the Engineer since the Mage is who I regret not picking in PL but I could be wrong. I just want to know which character seems to dominate the most. I don't want to be that guy anymore like in PL when they boot you because there are too many bears in one room.

Also a noob question, sorry, but choosing male and female has absolutely nothing to do with your player's attributes right?

I would have started a poll but it doesn't seem like I can.

Ardon
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Male and female are the same.

The Eng class is the weakest now, but that's because some of its skills are broken in pvp.

From 1-34 ops dominate pvp.

35+ Coms and ops are pretty much even.

Though Coms have a few broken skills of their own.

All ops skills work in pvp.

Personally I love my op.

Btw, stats and gear are way different from pl

There really is no hybrid builds for stats. You either go all or nothing.

Coms go all str

Ops all dps

And Eng can go either all int, or as some found was better, all str.

PvP is fairly new in SL so there really aren't much games going on.

And for gear. Go custom if you intend to pvp.

IanJones
02-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the good info, Ardon. Besides PvP, are the things you listed still the same when just referring to leveling out your character and beating the game? Maybe I'll go Ops then unless some other people on here start posting.

Commanderkeen
02-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I suggest u play with all three classes, like make a comm first then when you hit lvl 15 or 20 remake the character then try an engi or op and repeate till you found your match. I personally like all my toons the same, I dont seem to favor any class. I do not belive that gender plays a role in the attributes, but all my toons are male so someone with both genders will have to answer that question.

Ardon
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
If you level with group you just need to know how to play your role.
Coms tank out in front

Engs stay within range of everyone to heal

Ops try not to get agro'd and kill the highest threat as fast as possible or stun/lurch enemies so there are less in a mob or pick them of one by one.

If you lvl by yourself com probably the best due to its higher dodge and armor and aoe attacks.

But solo lvling is boring lol

Feke
02-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I have characters from all classes, all levels, and both genders.
Gender doesn't have anything to do with abilities.
If You want to start it hard, create an Operative character. They have high damages and high dps, but their armor is weak, so if You don't have a few thousand stimpacks it will be hard to lvlup alone to the maximum. With an Operative You won't get bored.
With a commando You can play as a tank, You'll need both stims and energy packs, but almost the quarter of the stims that Ops need. If You choose the skills of the commando wisely, they can kill as fast as Operatives, but only with skills.
Engineers are for those who really don't want their characters to die. If You lvl the Emphaty skill first to the max, it will be a piece of cake to keep your character alive, and You can help others too to survive. But fill your character with energy packs. Lots of players like to make runs with Engineers on board.
In this game there's no best class, but if You want to play alone, use Com or Eng. If You'll play in team, try an Operative. They have the coolest armors in the game IMO. :D
But, I must say the same thing what Keen said, try all of them! Worth that few Platinums for character slots. Or just register another two acc to the other two classes. :)

IanJones
02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Feke, it makes sense how you said if you are doing runs then you want engineers around just like in PL you want mages around to heal and revive. I like playing in teams a lot so I'll probably stick with Operative as my first choice.

morfic
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Morfic.

Oh, you meant which class?

Rare
02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Feke, it makes sense how you said if you are doing runs then you want engineers around just like in PL you want mages around to heal and revive. I like playing in teams a lot so I'll probably stick with Operative as my first choice.

I have a lvl 40 Op. I like it, but there are some serious draw backs IMO.

1. First and foremost, you'll find stims (potions) are a lot more expensive in SL. Yes, the actual cost creds/gold is lower, but credits are a lot harder to come by in SL.
2. Its been my experience, and maybe just mine, good Engi's are few and far between. Most likely because the class is so underpowered. Its common that there is no engi in your party. If this is the case, you'll feel the impact of item 1. I've run a few times with good Engis and its great.

Problem is, if you're new, its hard to know who good Engineers are. And most of the time, they are higher level and it will be difficult to run with them early on.

Rawrimafish
02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I suck at pvp(dont look at my stats!) lol

Aquilasoul
02-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Enginer" people are happy to run with the engineer"