PDA

View Full Version : A New Insight - Read if you dare.

Kenzor
02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Interesting.. Extremely interesting...

If you care for the future of (STS) gaming, and you have about an hour spare (lol), read this...

http://www.worldofmidgard.com/womforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2488

Quote of the day:
-Stay faithful to your community and the community will come to you with money, stay faithful to money and the community that has it will leave.

Ardon
02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
There are many valid points in that thread.

*Zero*
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I agree when I first read this I was like this Guy hit the nail on the head.

Araxu
02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
IMO those wom only thing they want is money, look at that charge 10USD per change your forum name (LOL) and sell a dragon and it turns out you can only use in only1 character is a real scam.

And this is Off topic...

Matutd
02-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Noob: A player that plays a game without taking the time to properly learn how to play, nor being receptive of feedback from better players, while blaming mistakes that they made on others in PvE and being a sore loser when they fail at PvP.
LOVE IT xD

Defyduck
02-23-2012, 10:56 AM
IMO those wom only thing they want is money, look at that charge 10USD per change your forum name (LOL) and sell a dragon and it turns out you can only use in only1 character is a real scam.

And this is Off topic...

Thats the first thing i saw on forums hehe.

Defyduck
02-23-2012, 11:01 AM
In my opinion STS is not charging you its your choice to spend,the team just needs new inovations which i hope to see in DL. On the other hand WoM seems to be more unprofessional and more money demanding game as per i know.Though i maybe wrong so dont make an issue and never point on me coz idc.

Ardon
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM

And this is Off topic...

All of that is to support the development of the game. They're an indie company an need ways of getting money.

Name changes on sl and PL cost play and many other forums don't change your name at all. So that's not really a big deal IMO.

Mounts that are character locked is also common.

How about pl and sl?

Miners luck, pay per run events, pay per maps, best implants are plat, only pink shields are plat. I can go on and on. A business has to make money. Especially one that is starting out. You can't really call them a scam when there have also been questionable plat items from sts

morfic
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Not really wanting to debate the same things that's been debated a million times (Read through WoM thread in off-topic).

Point is: All free to play games are going to try to get money from you. The only time this becomes a big deal, is whenever you feel forced to buy something, or when the value does not meet the cost.

Paying $10 for a 1 time unique lava dragon, access to third beta, free download of semi-beta, etc seemed like a killer deal to me. So I didn't mind spending it.

I will pay any amount of money, as long as the content is worth the investment. That is usually the case with most people. If something is WORTH a certain amount of money to them, they will invest.

Don't jab people for charging money, jab them for charging money for content that is not worth the money it costs.

MimeRifle
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Don't jab people for charging money, jab them for charging money for content that is not worth the money it costs.
Nicely put. :eagerness:

Zaltiar
02-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Going off topic on an off topic discussion-
I'll be honest here, I paid for the lava dragon together with the beta. WoM was all the rage and people were hyped up for when it would come out, so was I.
But, after I played it for a while until lvl 24, there was nothing really 'special' about the game. Yeah, I know its in Beta, but looking at the graphics/gameplay, I dont see how 'far' or how much better it can get. If you look at O&C and WoM, I dont know about you, but, apart from the recent hackings (which who knows, WoM might be in threat of in the future) O&C beats WoM's butt out of the ball park in terms of the interface and graphics.
Since I already have the Beta, I'll see how it is when the full game comes out. If its another money drainer, I'll stick around here for a while.