PDA

View Full Version : 17?...

Appleisaac
02-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Hey guys!

I heard somewhere on here that dl will be rated 17+... I already bought a name reservation which costed me 20 platinum (and there was no vanity for it ;)) 20 plat is a lot for me :(... I am not going to lie about my age (at least I'm not planning to ;)) and I really want to play this game and get my money's worth out of the reservation... Plus if it's 17+ woundedeagle won't even be able to play ;) come on sts you guys NEED him in your games :)

ninjaduck
02-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Good point. The Name reservation thing is like a con, if you cant play the game itself after youve
reserved

Ardon
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
It's not really a con since they might not even now what to rating would be and that you still have your named reserved. So when you can play, that name will be yours.

ninjaduck
02-25-2012, 08:58 AM
It's not really a con since they might not even now what to rating would be and that you still have your named reserved. So when you can play, that name will be yours.

On the Dark Legends Website, the Age restriction is 17+, therefore if a 13 year old reserves his name (without knowing of the name restriction), he has to wait 4 years? :O

Appleisaac
02-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah :( and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happend to! Name reservations were advertised (and still are advertised) in both the start up screen and the avatar screen without any mention of age requirement...

Rittik
02-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Completely agreed make it 15+...comeon..people get pretty matured to see BLOOD..atleast from 15years...i am 16...i wanna play too :'(

~Rik(Rittik)

Skeletonlord
02-25-2012, 10:47 AM
guys, for infomation about the age requirement, be sure to check out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50756-Age-Requirement-for-Dark-Legends

Ardon
02-25-2012, 10:51 AM
guys, for infomation about the age requirement, be sure to check out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50756-Age-Requirement-for-Dark-Legends

To be fair, that thread is just wants, whining and telling kids that laws are laws.

There really hasn't been any solid info on the age requirement for DL. I'd suggest just to wait until more official info comes from STS. The mobile world conference is coming up soon, so there will be undoubtedly more dl info released then. Also some sweet new phones and tablets too

trixie
02-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Has a dev posted anywhere that the age req will be 17+ I searched but couldn't find anything?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Ardon
02-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Has a dev posted anywhere that the age req will be 17+ I searched but couldn't find anything?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

No but I has been said by a dev that it will be more mature with lots of blood and gore.

Appleisaac
02-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Honestly... I'm not complaining about the age requirement being 17 (which I'm sure it will be because their website is 17+ rating...) I'm complaining that I reserved my name not having any way of knowing that I dont meet the age requirements. I'm not getting what I paid for if I can't play the game...

Ardon
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
honestly... I'm not complaining about the age requirement being 17 (which I'm sure it will be because their website is 17+ rating...) I'm complaining that I reserved my name not having any way of knowing that I dont meet the age requirements. I'm not getting what I paid for if I can't play the game...

What your saying is different from what I said. Js.

But yeah, if I was in your shoes I'd be pretty PO'd. If it does turn out to be 17+ and you can't play, you should ask for a refund.

Aculeas
02-25-2012, 12:15 PM
What your saying is different from what I said. Js.

But yeah, if I was in your shoes I'd be pretty PO'd. If it does turn out to be 17+ and you can't play, you should ask for a refund.

I hate to say this but... You're right failing to mention an age requirement IS a HUGE mistake on STS's end. How many children and teenagers have already purchased the name reservation I wonder?

But I wouldn't get too upset just yet. The darklegends website is 17+ but that does not reflect on the rating the actual game will be given.

So we must ask ourselves, what qualifies a game for a mature rating? The answer.

MATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

We know DarkLegends has some intense blood and gore which will more likely than not qualify this game as 17+ one can only hope for strong language and sexual content given the nature of Space Time Studios current games. The violence can also be described as intense.

TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

I doubt the blood flow in this game can be described as minimal since blood literally spatters across your screen. It contains violence as well. The website for Dark Legends maybe only 17+ because the video teaser for the game includes a pretty strong sexual theme the whole video is about blood running up a womans cleavage.

This game has not yet been rated because it has not yet been released. Will the beta have an ESRB game rating? @ devs.

I think as long as SpaceTime avoids strong language and sexual content the game may pass a teen rating which means players 13+ will be safe and that should minimalize some of the blowback for STS.

Ayc2000
02-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Is there such thing as 15+? that would be like a happy medium. :)

Kiyoko
02-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I hope I'll be able to play but everyone's talking about age restriction. That's why I'm a little worried :dejection:

brodiniozo
02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Make it at least 20+ imo
:-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Appleisaac
02-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Make it at least 20+ imo
:-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SLAP

RedRyder
02-25-2012, 06:42 PM
To be fair, that thread is just wants, whining and telling kids that laws are laws.

There really hasn't been any solid info on the age requirement for DL. I'd suggest just to wait until more official info comes from STS. The mobile world conference is coming up soon, so there will be undoubtedly more dl info released then. Also some sweet new phones and tablets too

Which is basically what's going on in this thread lol.

Ardon
02-25-2012, 06:44 PM

Lmao

Zaltiar
02-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Didn't they say the age restrictions would depend on the market it sells at aswell? The iOS and the android store might have different regulations so sts can't say for sure what their age restrictions would be right now. If you can't play, I'm sure if you sent them a message at support, you would get your 20 back (:

Appleisaac
02-25-2012, 09:47 PM

my goal in making this thread wasn't really to complain about the age restrictions, but unfortunately that is what it is turning into. -_-

darkmagesun
02-25-2012, 10:01 PM
how many times have you all lied about your age on a game or website we all have its not that big of a deal the FBI wont knock down your door and arrest you for lieing about your age on dark legends

Prestige
02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
What people are complaining about is that they already created an account and you can't change your age once it's set in stone. So they cannot reserve their character names created on the under aged account.

Growwle
02-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey guys!

I heard somewhere on here that dl will be rated 17+... I already bought a name reservation which costed me 20 platinum (and there was no vanity for it ;)) 20 plat is a lot for me :(... I am not going to lie about my age (at least I'm not planning to ;)) and I really want to play this game and get my money's worth out of the reservation... Plus if it's 17+ woundedeagle won't even be able to play ;) come on sts you guys NEED him in your games :)

Isn't it illegal for people under 18 (in the US) to make credit transactions, or to create accounts without parent permission ;-) That also probably means that people under 17 can play the game with parent permission, as long as the parent installs the game and buys the platinum?

Feke
02-26-2012, 05:26 AM
In Star Legends, on Delta-7 sometimes I can't see a thing from the dungeon 'cause of the green Vular blood clouds. Really!! SL isn't 17+ rated. Problem?
All, that I see that could be mature content (compared to SL ) in this game are the rolling executed zombie heads.

RedRyder
02-26-2012, 01:21 PM
my goal in making this thread wasn't really to complain about the age restrictions, but unfortunately that is what it is turning into. -_-

This thread shouldn't have even been made with an already existent thread on the subject. That's the same direction the first thread took, so you should've seen this coming.

Appleisaac
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
This thread shouldn't have even been made with an already existent thread on the subject. That's the same direction the first thread took, so you should've seen this coming.

The subject of the thread was supposed to be about how many people under 17 including myself reserved names.