PDA

View Full Version : Bird Advice - Seeking wisdom

Toke N Fight
02-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Hi all,

I've been playing a few days and play a dex bird that is currently lvl 36. I'm seeking input and advice on how to improve my stats/gear/skills/functionability etc...

I'm currently full dex wearing some random items.

McCroc Hood of the Eagle, Shivering Ice Talon, Swamp prowler leather of the eagle, Swampbird wing of the eagle, fine platinum band of bravery, metal heeadphones and have the eagle improvement. (hope that makes sense lol) This gives me stats of:

207 dex
101% hit
18 crit
9 dodge
94-99 dmg (161dps)
55 Armour

Not sure how good this is for my lvl (probably not very good) but it's basically just items i've dropped so far..

Currently the skills I have are:
Blast Shot - 6
Focus - 6
Repulse Shot - 6
Blinding Shot - 6
Restore - 6

Avian Scream - 1
Shattering Scream - 1
Break Armour - 1
Thorn Root - 1
Thorn Wall - 1

Looking to be focussed on soloing and pvp but also helpful and efficient in a group party..

Sooo, please give me some advice and input on where to go from here.. changes i should make, gear i should hunt/buy etc. Looking forward to some discussion about becoming a ownage bird. Thanks in advance.

dudetus
02-26-2012, 03:16 AM
The items are ok u don't need to worry about them but ur skills... I am more of a PvE guy and if u r looking for PvP there are loads of Bird PvP info in the PvP Discussion section and in Archer class discussion.

Restore is useless for that lvl IMO. Break Armor and especially Shattering Scream are far more useful than only 1 point. Take those 6 points from Restore and put those 5 points to Shattering Scream because it is used for the bird combo (Shattering Scream + Blast Shot).

Take 2 points from Blinding Shot and 3 points from Repulse Shot and add ur remaining skill points to both Break Armor and Thorn Wall to 4. Break Armor is very useful especially against bosses to break their armors. Thorn Wall is Birds only immediate multiple enemy damage skill (don't remember the right term lol) so it is good to use against mobs. Like as for an example Thorn Wall + Shattering Scream + Blast Shot makes HUGE damage to multiple enemies. Thorn Root is more useful in PvP than Thorn Wall so if u want to do some more PvP u should consider Thorn Root as an option as well.

About how to put further skills mmm it is basically about preferences. It might be good if u lvl up the skills equally but if u like some skill more than others go for it. When u unlock Evasion u don't need it in the beginning.

Btw we birds are always ownage ;)

Toke N Fight
02-26-2012, 03:39 AM
The items are ok u don't need to worry about them but ur skills... I am more of a PvE guy and if u r looking for PvP there are loads of Bird PvP info in the PvP Discussion section and in Archer class discussion.

Restore is useless for that lvl IMO. Break Armor and especially Shattering Scream are far more useful than only 1 point. Take those 6 points from Restore and put those 5 points to Shattering Scream because it is used for the bird combo (Shattering Scream + Blast Shot).

Take 2 points from Blinding Shot and 3 points from Repulse Shot and add ur remaining skill points to both Break Armor and Thorn Wall to 4. Break Armor is very useful especially against bosses to break their armors. Thorn Wall is Birds only immediate multiple enemy damage skill (don't remember the right term lol) so it is good to use against mobs. Like as for an example Thorn Wall + Shattering Scream + Blast Shot makes HUGE damage to multiple enemies. Thorn Root is more useful in PvP than Thorn Wall so if u want to do some more PvP u should consider Thorn Root as an option as well.

About how to put further skills mmm it is basically about preferences. It might be good if u lvl up the skills equally but if u like some skill more than others go for it. When u unlock Evasion u don't need it in the beginning.

Btw we birds are always ownage ;)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i knew my skills were messed up trying to figure out the best way to do it for the way I play. I've read a lot on forums but it's hard to find info relevent to my level, ecspecially regarding equipment. I find that restore is one of if not the most used spell I use as I solo a lot and it saves a lot of potions plus the regen boost and small heals are useful when approaching mobs/bosses (for my playstyle anyway) Being a bird that solos a lot i take a lot of damage so I am usually using heaps of pots anyway so restore just fits well. I use my class combo a lot and I think definately i want lvl 6 thorn root and shattering.

What are some really good dex equips/weps at my lvl? I have plenty pinks/purples but I have no idea what the "best" gears are or if anything is rare or not due to playing less than a week. But im getting there, thanks for your help.

dudetus
02-26-2012, 03:49 AM
Usually the items are scaled by that way like 35-40-45 and so on are the "best equipment". U can go to Balefort Castle and there to Consignment Store where are being held items for sale. Usually the ones which cost the most are the best. But if I were u I wouldn't mind the equipment that much until u are lvl 50 when the real goodie sets come available, 50 Void, 55, Raid Roach, 60 Glyph and 65 Sanguine.

But if u are going to do PvP then it is a diffirent thing. I don't remember the sets (set is a set of equipments which give u a small boost in ur stats. And sparkles!) but I believe Yanis has listed all of the items and all the sets. Use the search button to get there.

Abd about soloing. Is it ur decision or are u unable to find games where are others? Using the map button it is possible to join to others games where are more people.

Toke N Fight
02-26-2012, 04:43 AM
By choice. I live in a black spot area so during the day my connection is bad and i dont wanna team when i lag and annoy people, but of night time i run with others when im not laggy.

I think I'll just lvl to 50+ before i worry about pvp. Thanks for the advice.

wvhills
02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Ur build needs some improvement. I'd go with the following:
6- focus
6- blast shot
6- break armor
6- thorn wall
6- shattering scream
don't put any in restore or avian scream. Restore should be the last skill u max and avian scream should be maxed next to last. Take your remaining points and put them however you want.

I'd drop the talon and wing and pick up the best bow you can get. Idk how much a shivering bow is but I'd get it if you can, if not just use the best you can find. A bird is there to deal damage and a bow maximizes that. Learn to use your range and kite and you won't need the armor that a wing provides. If you have the plat you should get the ring that gives +2 crit and +8 damage ( or whatever the best crit and damage ring there is).

What you want to do is run in behind the bear, as he beckons you want to shattering scream. After the mobs are beckoned you want to hit thorn wall (so the mage can cast lightning to get the nature strike combo) and then blast shot (so you can get your cruel blast combo). You want to be at a decent range so you don't get aggro when you blast shot.

Good luck!