PDA

View Full Version : early shield criticizing (L35 mage)

Nick41324
02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
I just started L35 Mage pvp this afternoon. On my first fight people criticize me for using my shield early and call me a "shield abuser", then acting like total hypocrites, they use their shield early.

Why is this? I've been doing Mage pvp for the longest time and never once have i been called a "shield abuser" by so many different people. I played L23 Mage pvp A LOT and using your shield early earned you respect... same as L26 and L30 pvp.

Since when is using a skill STS purposely gave you bad?

Late
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Using Shield and winning is actually harder than u think so nick must be good at 35 pvp

Nick41324
02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Using Shield and winning is actually harder than u think so nick must be good at 35 pvp
ehh.. i cant kill the players that have been playing for the longest time like blitz and mrxsmith (i managed to kill mrxsmith once by using my shield early!) lol

Walkhardd
02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Lol. I think 35 is the only lvl where this happens. I got called a noob for doing it when I started 35. I was like huh? Now I just do it cuz I love watching the nerd rage that follows. XD

Nick41324
02-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Lol. I think 35 is the only lvl where this happens. I got called a noob for doing it when I started 35. I was like huh? Now I just do it cuz I love watching the nerd rage that follows. XD
exactly why i continue to do it haha

Slcinuup
02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I saw you in game :), but if you have shield as a skill, why wouldn't you use it? Its all about tactics.

Beanmachine
02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
There's no such thing as shield abuser lol. If someone wants to use their skills early to prepare, then that's there strategy and you do what ever you need to do to win (except rushing ofc>.<)

XghostzX
02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
As long as you keep winning, keep doing it :)

Sryyoulose
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Ok let me start this out like this how many people who are actually good at pvp complain about this? Wow um none! When I was a voodoo I had 3 different combos just for mages 1 of Which early shield I'd just cycle through my combos and die and win in my due time! I must say that when I was early shielded I'd always say awww early shield =) gf and move on and use my anti shield combo XD so if you ask me I say USE THE EARLY SHIELD AND WATCH THEM BURN! haha sorry about that XD... So I'd say those who cry will cry those who complain will just not worth letting them cry to get there way it's not fair that a tactic in pvp be shut down for kids who can't contain there rage over being killed!

Nick41324
02-29-2012, 09:26 PM
There's no such thing as shield abuser lol. If someone wants to use their skills early to prepare, then that's there strategy and you do what ever you need to do to win (except rushing ofc>.<)
IKR! I dont know where the community got the idea that using a skill STS purposely gave you is bad. I think in some peoples eyes, using your shield early is exactly like kiting.

My first fight as a L35 mage I used my shield first and then kited second, won both and the kid raged and rushed me. Now whats even funnier is that when he rushed me, he failed again. Its kinda crazy how people can get so mad over this.

I think this whole early shield criticizing needs to stop in L35 PvP

Kiwihawk
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
random this is why i never pvped when i was level 35 some people are just silly

Wthlite
03-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Nick, I didnt know u made a 35 mage, but awesome. I still consider myself one of the good voodoos, and yes early sheilding can be considered "cheap" but it does come in handy and can be a useful skill, and if you dont like it, then do somthing about it lol. Like complaining about kite? Almost the same as early sheild issue. But nick if you want some help I might be able to help a bit^^ lol

Elyseon
03-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Sigh, all pvp is full of complaints, get used to it, for some reason everyone thinks theyre the best, and that a huge flaw in fate occurred if they lose, so they throw their lack of skill on the first excuse they find whether it be complaining about mages shield, mages shielding early, dodge, not dodging, kiting. It will always happen reguardless, ppl always complain, it took me about 5 mins of twinking to figure this out.

fuzzylazer
03-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Just ignore them. You can use whatever you like. Any time. Anywhere. Shielding early just means you're gonna die straight away or you want to play it safe.

yokoman
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
just noobs criticize, just noobs ....hehe

Noodleleg
03-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I get that sometimes, but whenever they do it to me, I go, tricky one lol. I don't know why people have to criticize for it though. As parth said, there's no such thing as set rules on how you should obtain a kill ^_^
Oh and nick..never knew you had a voodoo..

Twinklaser
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
This is also a situation I face in my sorta new voodoo. I sometimes shield early and nuke and win against the average mage and all they do iscomplain that I shield early. Pro players such as blitz dont complain because he wins even if I early shield xD. IMO its alright to early shield as if its unfair, STS woul have removed it already.