PDA

View Full Version : Why do you have to be Level 4 to Access your Stash?

pocketlegendshq
03-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I can't see any exploitation by accessing your stash at level 1, so why can't you access it until level 4. I want to make a sweet level 1 twink, that would be cool and original, but it's hard because my stash is locked until level 4.

Shaocalur
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Because, when you create a new account you are granted 25 potions each. And a few credits. If you created a new account you could stash the atoms and credits, delete the character, remake the character and stash the items again. The devs knew this ahead of time so that's why their is a restriction.

Hope this helps!
-Shao

pocketlegendshq
03-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Because, when you create a new account you are granted 25 potions each. And a few credits. If you created a new account you could stash the atoms and credits, delete the character, remake the character and stash the items again. The devs knew this ahead of time so that's why their is a restriction.

Hope this helps!
-Shao

Wow, that's a noob way of making money...LOL...anyways I already knew that, just didn't know that a couple of potions and 50 gold would create a problem...

dugantale
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Well they sure did, same with little love selling for 5 gold then wave, then repet devs then made little love sellable for zero gold, because of abuse to the power of gold by players...

Dalonewolf
03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
No! They wanted to kill lvl one twinking!!

Artemis
03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I remember when it was Lvl 1 you can stash and you were given 500 gold instead of 50. I made so much money making and deleting accounts (;

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I remember when it was Lvl 1 you can stash and you were given 500 gold instead of 50. I made so much money making and deleting accounts (;

Lol, but seriously, if u buy a premium char, u should get instant access

pocketlegendshq
03-01-2012, 09:43 PM

LOL, I did that a couple times too!

pocketlegendshq
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Lol, but seriously, if u buy a premium char, u should get instant access

Agreed.

pocketlegendshq
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Agreed.

Never mind, it should still be free...

Bilaxman
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Never mind, it should still be free...

You can always edit your comments. (to avoid double posting) :)

Late
03-01-2012, 10:27 PM
There's still <level one> but not many people on

fuzzylazer
03-02-2012, 04:46 AM
Wow, that's a noob way of making money...LOL...anyways I already knew that, just didn't know that a couple of potions and 50 gold would create a problem...
25 potions isn't much. But if you do the same steps another 4 times, you can 100 potions each. A lot!

Chickenrunnn
03-02-2012, 01:06 PM
before, gold start used to be 500g... they lowered it to 50g for this reason lol

drewcapu
03-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Bringing back L1 stash has been in the works for some time now.

There's a good possibility it will be included in this next client update.

Swords
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
you can access ur stash when ur lvl 1

first you have to complete the first three quests.
one of ur quests have to be from amira in forest haven stash
after finishing her quest and the other 2, you can access only her forest haven stash

Gluttony
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
first you have to complete the first three quests.
one of ur quests have to be from amira in forest haven stash
after finishing her quest and the other 2, you can access only her forest haven stash

How old is your information? Try this now and see if it's still possible, then get back to us with your results. I personally have a L1 who has completed ALL of the FH quests and still has no access to stash.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6396/img1462.png

I know that in the guild hall or in Balefort the stash NPC says I don't have access until level 4 because "those are the rules" but Amira doesn't actually say this exact phrase while still denying access to her stash options due to her infinite loop of trickery.

Snakespeare
03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
True cheapness, as Frank Zappa would say.

We used to be able to access stash at any level. Then they made it level 4. Then it was three quests. Then it was level 4 again.

The real reason is because they borrowed some code from SL, and that was part of the library. They said it was because people were exploiting stash by remaking toons and dumping in stash. That's absurd, of course. In SL that could happen because SL is sringy, but not in PL. In PL at the time you could get more potions by running in FH.

So when we argued this, saying it's absurd because you can get pots faster in FH, do you know what they did? They cut down the drop rate of potions!

That's right... they actually made it harder to get potions from drops. Now you can't even farm potions. They want you to spend 1,500 gold at Ellie or 1,250 in a tier 3 guild. And you can't earn that much gold during level 1 to 5 anymore. Which means, when you think about it, the only way to get enough potions for a new player is to start with a premium character, or buy them with plat (see today's DotD).

But even if you do start with a premium, you still can't access stash.

IMO, if you buy inventory slots (or get a premium upgrade), stash should become immediately available. They want plat, I have no problem with that! But I want something in return. I want stash for my L1 twink. :)

Here's hoping that Drew is right.

Elysony
03-04-2012, 12:34 AM

We used to be able to access stash at any level. Then they made it level 4. Then it was three quests. Then it was level 4 again.

The real reason is because they borrowed some code from SL, and that was part of the library. They said it was because people were exploiting stash by remaking toons and dumping in stash. That's absurd, of course. In SL that could happen because SL is sringy, but not in PL. In PL at the time you could get more potions by running in FH.

So when we argued this, saying it's absurd because you can get pots faster in FH, do you know what they did? They cut down the drop rate of potions!

That's right... they actually made it harder to get potions from drops. Now you can't even farm potions. They want you to spend 1,500 gold at Ellie or 1,250 in a tier 3 guild. And you can't earn that much gold during level 1 to 5 anymore. Which means, when you think about it, the only way to get enough potions for a new player is to start with a premium character, or buy them with plat (see today's DotD).

IMO, if you buy inventory slots (or get a premium upgrade), stash should become immediately available. They want plat, I have no problem with that! But I want something in return. I want stash for my L1 twink. :)

Ik in SL I can't even fight because I have no pots. I can't heal. So I just quit at like level 6.

Elysony
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Yay! 100th post. I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, my sister just for giving mr the opportunity to be here. No just kidding lol. Love you guys thanks for being a awesome forum group!

Imsebastiaanl
03-04-2012, 08:16 AM

yeah... you dont make so many money with that...

darkmagesun
03-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Some people can do it to lvl 4 without potions

pocketlegendshq
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM

Completely agree!

Beanmachine
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
In addition I think it's also to trap new players into thinking "oh if I get to level 4, I can unlock this special feature" so they will continue playing though Forest Haven and get a better sense of what the game is like.

StompArtist
03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
... to make my level 1 sad. :vmad:

Mageprodigy
03-06-2012, 11:16 AM
In addition I think it's also to trap new players into thinking "oh if I get to level 4, I can unlock this special feature" so they will continue playing though Forest Haven and get a better sense of what the game is like.

Yes That is a Good reason! Or maybe make it acces at lvl 1 if your char is made a month ago?

pocketlegendshq
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes That is a Good reason! Or maybe make it acces at lvl 1 if your char is made a month ago?

Yeah this solves the noob way of making 50 coins while also making level 1 twinks possible.

Beanmachine
03-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah this solves the noob way of making 50 coins while also making level 1 twinks possible.

But honestly 50 coins isn't a lot, and if they store pots the cheap way, wouldn't that help them throughout the game when they need pots instead of rage quitting?

pocketlegendshq
03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
But honestly 50 coins isn't a lot, and if they store pots the cheap way, wouldn't that help them throughout the game when they need pots instead of rage quitting?

Botting would add up to a ton of potions though...