PDA

View Full Version : Questions, So Many Questions...

Spiritualist
08-05-2010, 10:07 AM
As the title says...

1. What's the difference between respawning and using revive when dying. Obviously I'm aware that if you revive you re-start in the position you died rather than respawning which takes you to the dungeon entrance but is there any other difference?

2. How many red/blue potions can you hold? It seems like 25 of each.

3. Why is it if I have a lvl 45 playing in a game with me and there are spaces, and other lvl 45s pop by, then the lvl 45 leaves. It seems to me like many don't like playing with lower lvls as well. Or am I being paranoid?

4. When do you receive red/blue potions? It seems periodically when you kill something. Is that right?

5. Every now and again during a battle I see things like "Hot Flash", "Mended", etc. What is that and when does it happen?

6. I found out today that Heal actually unfreezes. Does Heal do anything else? Do any other spells/skills do similar things?

OK, there aren't too many questions then...

Thanks in advance.

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 10:12 AM
As the title says...

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if there is a limit on potions but it is definitely over 25. It does seem to be that you stop looting potions from the dungeons once you have at least 25 but you can buy a lot more. In fact, the best way to buy the potions is to see the mage in town by the camp fire. You can buy 100 potions for 1500g from here, compared to the 25 potions for 700g you can buy from the menu.

Xeries
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
as for number 6, heal actually heals every negative effect you have taken, while boosting your health.

Rebel
08-05-2010, 01:20 PM
As the title says...

1. What's the difference between respawning and using revive when dying. Obviously I'm aware that if you revive you re-start in the position you died rather than respawning which takes you to the dungeon entrance but is there any other difference?

3. Why is it if I have a lvl 45 playing in a game with me and there are spaces, and other lvl 45s pop by, then the lvl 45 leaves. It seems to me like many don't like playing with lower lvls as well. Or am I being paranoid?

4. When do you receive red/blue potions? It seems periodically when you kill something. Is that right?

5. Every now and again during a battle I see things like "Hot Flash", "Mended", etc. What is that and when does it happen?

6. I found out today that Heal actually unfreezes. Does Heal do anything else? Do any other spells/skills do similar things?

Thanks in advance.

1. No it adds nothing else. Rezzing is very helpful against bosses if the main tank dies or something of that sort.

2. You stop looting potions at 25 each, but you can buy MANY more. I dot think that anyone has actually capped the potion limit.

3. Alright, I'm kind of confused about this question. Are you asking why 45's leave your game when they join? If so, it is basically because they don't really have a reason to be in lower level dungeons.

4. You're right about that. You loot potions along the way. If you want more, you can go in towne and find the potion vendor.

5. These are called Combos. They are a combination of certain spells. These usually cause a small burst of extra damage. You can find the list of combos by searching the forums.

6. This question was already answered. Like he said, it rids of all bad effects done to you.

Hope this helps!

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
1. Either way, I think it's the same. Death makes your mana regen a little, I guess. Revive might give you more mana than respawn.
2. buy your potions from Ellie. You can have a lot more than 25.
3. the level 45s, some know each other. Also people come and go a lot based on their real lives. I doubt it's personal.
4. It's pretty random. Mostly you have to buy them.
5. Those are combos. There are many threads on this. You'll want to read them as soon as you can. They are cool, and it means you did extra damage.
6. I like that part about heal unfreezing. Good for noticing that. A lot of mages don't know, and in the Lost Expedition, it is invaluable.

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 01:27 PM
As the title says...

So if I get this right, you are playing on a low level dungeon with a Lvl45 and a second Lvl45 jumps in. Then that second Lvl45 jumps back out. What is going on here is the second Lvl45 joined the first Lvl45 from the friends menu, assuming they were in a high level game (perhaps a farming run). They realized their friend was in a lower dungeon helping new players so they decided to find a different game.

Spiritualist
08-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Thanks guys for the answers... think that's all I need to know.