View Full Version : Tornado Warning potentially hitting my area...

Fortress
03-02-2012, 02:19 PM
So today we got released from our school earlier than usual (I'm in Seventh grade btw) due to a Tornado Warning. My teacher said that since we were being let out instead of staying at school, which is the safest possible place we could be in, that shows how dangerous this may be. But I can see why though, because it's supposed to start at 3 PM and end at 10 PM tonight. The sky's still blue, but I have 2 hours left. Um, sorry if I'm coming off weird and/or scary it's just that it's been 12 years since the my school has done this.

You see I always lived in Florida and we always got hurricanes which means I'm not really used to tornadoes, as they seem more scarier than hurricanes... who else in my area is having the same situation?

Ardon
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
So what are you gonna to be protected, just in case it does hit?

Jblazer
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Nope im in California not much happening at this moment

Register
03-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Good luck, I wish the best. I used to live in Florida! Now I live in MN, haha. Hurricanes to Tornadoes, Beaches for Snow.....-_-

One day a tornado warning came on and because a few went on that time, I wasnt bothered, but when the news showed the path of the storm, yup, I was freaked out. I am not sure if the tornado touched down, but the winds were just mad.
After the storm passed, at about 8:00, the sky was bright and it was just a soft drizzle. It made the transition in such a short time, it was weird.

I like storms though, they're pretty cool

Rittik
03-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Good luck man..hope it doesnt do much damage..
I live in India..not much tornado here..just some petty Storms :')