PDA

View Full Version : I got reported for this...

razerfingers
03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
This lvl 41 or 40 engineer i guess thought my name taliban was offensive i dont the lvl 25 gear for engineer looks like taliban people so i made this toon. I dont see anyting wrong with it im not a terrorist nor will i be one.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Jblazer
03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
you still banned?

razerfingers
03-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Not banned. I dont want my alts name changed thats all..

StompArtist
03-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Why bring this up here? Now more people that take offense to the name are going to report it.

razerfingers
03-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Cause im not pro-terrorist its just naming after a gear set so its not my fajlt that i have an immagination..

Taipan
03-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Perhaps that person had a family member that died on 9-11, or a husband or father that was killed in Afghanistan.
That name could be very offensive to them; I believe that your alts name should be changed

StompArtist
03-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Perhaps that person had a family member that died on 9-11, or a husband or father that was killed in Afghanistan.
That name could be very offensive to them; I believe that your alts name should be changed

I agree entirely.

Snakespeare
03-02-2012, 04:36 PM
hmmmm desert rat does NOT look like Taliban. They wear black.

razerfingers
03-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry im not gonna delete my premium toon and i dont have 50 plat to change name nor do i want sts to change it to something rediculous. And my bad for making something i thought was humorous. I had no intention at all to offend anybody it was just an observation thing so my bad.

gst
03-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I dont understand.. Are you trying to say that all the people living in taliban are terrorists..?

razerfingers
03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
i am no longer replying to this thread so bye :)

Nick41324
03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
That's like reporting someone with the name "USarmy"... He's being racist and i think that's against the TOS.

Elyseon
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I dont see anything wrong with taliban...

Walkhardd
03-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I hate that in this day and age you have to be so politically correct. No matter what you do/say, somebody gets offended. I would like to meet "gets offended" guy, to pick his brain. I personally have way too many responsibilities/stresses to worry about small dumb things like somebody named taliban in a game. Keep your eyes on your own paper peeps!

Register
03-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry im not gonna delete my premium toon and i dont have 50 plat to change name nor do i want sts to change it to something rediculous. And my bad for making something i thought was humorous. I had no intention at all to offend anybody it was just an observation thing so my bad.

I said it once sometime before on the forums, I'll say it again, no problem.

What you think is "humorous" could be found offensive by another person. Playing in a game with a large community, you MUST take into account that other people can be viewing your actions (to some extent). Personally, I find the name not offensive, but unacceptable. Other people may find it offensive. People should think a little more when dealing with "humor". Its the same with sarcasm on the forums.

Siejo
03-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Razer I know at the time it prolly didn't cross your mind as offensive. I appreciate you apologizing and trying to make it better. I do think it is just a touchy subject given all the U.S. has been through since that horrible day. My advice is to just change it and let it go. I know you didn't mean to be offensive. Just get in touch with support and hopefully they will help you fix this.

Sryyoulose
03-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Guys... This is there own rights it's like naming my character sryyoulose... Omg we lost the war reported! You remind of bad times or like: Muslim omg he's not actually Muslim reported! I mean sheesh guys if he reported just out of anger... So don't worry if the devs find it inappropriate they will change it if not they won't just whatever

razerfingers
03-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah but i asked for them to see if they can rename because while in sl a little bit ago id say it was trolling but some people kinda trolled me about it and so i was like -_- wow..