PDA

View Full Version : Devs, future plans?

Shebee
04-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Hey.
I've been following the development of Pocket Legends some time now, and I believe it has great potential.
I know, this is a mobile MMORPG, and certainly Apple might limit the potential to a certain point, I might be wrong here.
But still, I look forward to see how the game progresses.

From a personal point of view though, and I believe many others are as interested as I am, in what direction is this game going?
I'm talking, will boss fights be just simple "tank & spank" fights, or will there be strategies (move the boss, use 2 tanks [boss gives a debuff on the active target?]), dedicated tanks and healers maybe?
Even more than that I'm interested to PvP, how is it going to look like?
More of a professional PvP environment, or as I pointed out above, simple "who has more hp pots" fights etc.

I'd greatly appreciate if Devs could share some future plans and ideas they have with us ;)
That is if you have any at the moment.

So guys, discuss which way you'd expect/want the game to develop!

setec
04-17-2010, 08:07 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?463-Technology-Roadmap

SMELTN
04-17-2010, 08:18 AM
As setec said that thread should share all the important information you want to know.

Shebee
04-17-2010, 08:43 AM
I've read this topic, as you see there's nothing explained in detail.

_ck
04-17-2010, 09:06 AM
I would rather have Spacetime actually spend time developing the game than spending time explaining in detail what they are doing to develop the game. More doing, less talking.

Shebee
04-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I would rather have Spacetime actually spend time developing the game than spending time explaining in detail what they are doing to develop the game. More doing, less talking.

Writing a post doesn't take hours.
I guess I'm just used to Blizzards' developers, who share their ideas and plans for the near future very early, and this gives the players and idea how the future of the game might look like.
I'm just interested in what direction this game is aiming.
Sure this is a "pocket MMO", but still, I don't see why they couldn't make PvP and PvE more challenging and interesting, of course to a certain point, as said "pocket MMO" thus there aren't players who play this game 24/7 which limits how hard/serious they would/can make the game.
But making a game challengin/interesting doesn't mean you have to play for hours of gameplay!

So yeah, I hope to hear some plans where this game is aiming some day.

Justg
04-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Games like this are organic. They change and grow daily. Priorities change daily as well. The danger in providing detailed information is that it is certain to change, we don't know exactly when it will come out, and people are bound to be anxious or upset about it when it does not arrive quickly.

Our engine allows us to rapidly make changes, multiple patches in a week sometimes. I feel like we have a great communication system with the community, but we are always looking for feedback on how we can make it better. Things are happening very fast here at the beginning of the game, and we want to know everything that you want.

That being said, we have been developing mmos for years and years. We built Star Wars: Galaxies and ran Live. Some of us go all the way back to UO. We understand the pros and cons of communicating specific plans too early. I personally feel this is an outstanding roadmap for where we are going: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?463-Technology-Roadmap

We encourage people to discuss all the details of what they would like to see with the main systems. We jump in and out of those threads, but we read every one. We then take what the community wants and integrate it into our vision for the game.

- g