PDA

View Full Version : So.. Whats the best way to skill an Enchantress?

Xeries
08-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Currently at my low level i only have 2 skills, but as i progress through the game, how should i skill my character?

Thanks!

Jstizar
08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Currently at my low level i only have 2 skills, but as i progress through the game, how should i skill my character?

Thanks!

Well, you are forced to learn the first 4 skills, fortunately for the enchantress class 3 out of the 4 are pretty useful. The ice shot, although it is nice, I prefer a skill learned a little bit later on called ice storm. Basically, you are going to want heal, lightning, fire storm, and the last two skills you learn blessing of vitality and blessing of might all maxed out to five. The rest of your points are up to you, I have mana shield maxed out but different people like different things.

Xeries
08-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Ok, sounds good. thanks

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
When I re-spec'd my enchantress at level 29, I had 28 points to spend. I did not max out anything. I spent 4 points each on 7 skills. If I had maxed them out, I would only have 6 skills. Ice Storm and Firestorm are a combo, when used in that order, the steam causes bonus damage. Heal is essential. Because you heal, people will rarely boot you, LOL! Levels of revive only reduce the cost, so at first don't get more than one level of that. Of the two blessing, one is a buff and the other is a de-buff. I find that it is better to de-buff, if I have to choose. It does all the bad guys in range (and area spell), so that's good, too. There's another, I can't remember, that is you defense, and you will need it when fighting bosses, or else you will die first and not be able to revive the others. Can't remember its name... anyone? It's the blue circles... hehehe ... oh MANA SHIELD. Definitely protect yourself.

Anyway, 4 levels is just as good as 5 if it gives you an extra skill. Don't be in a hurry to max them out. Spread them around a little.

Xeries
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Alright, thankees

Jstizar
08-05-2010, 01:31 PM
When I re-spec'd my enchantress at level 29, I had 28 points to spend. I did not max out anything. I spent 4 points each on 7 skills. If I had maxed them out, I would only have 6 skills. Ice Storm and Firestorm are a combo, when used in that order, the steam causes bonus damage. Heal is essential. Because you heal, people will rarely boot you, LOL! Levels of revive only reduce the cost, so at first don't get more than one level of that. Of the two blessing, one is a buff and the other is a de-buff. I find that it is better to de-buff, if I have to choose. It does all the bad guys in range (and area spell), so that's good, too. There's another, I can't remember, that is you defense, and you will need it when fighting bosses, or else you will die first and not be able to revive the others. Can't remember its name... anyone? It's the blue circles... hehehe ... oh MANA SHIELD. Definitely protect yourself.

Anyway, 4 levels is just as good as 5 if it gives you an extra skill. Don't be in a hurry to max them out. Spread them around a little.

It is a mistake to respec at 29 IMO because you can't max anything out for the reason you stated and what is the point? I wasn't suggesting to max everything out in order but by the time level 45 comes around the skills I mentioned should be maxed out. Also, both of the blessings are buffs, the debuffs are nightmare and weakness. Blessing of vitality gives health and armor while blessing of might gives str and damage. I believe Nightmare reduces enemy hit chance and armor while weakness reduces enemy hit chance and damage. Mana shield is important and I have it maxed out but it is preference based, some people would rather have life drain maxed out and have ice storm and mana shield not maxed out, The possibilities go on so play around with the skills and see which you like.

Royce
08-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I would max your heal and lightning first. Then spend points on firestorm. After that it becomes more a matter of taste/play style, but here's what I'd shoot for having at level 45:
5, 0, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
I would recommend not spreading your points out into too many skills at first. Because mana regen is hard to come by at lower level, it is very inefficient to have a bunch of skills with a few points in them (and you will spend a fortune on mana pots). Rez and mana shield (once you learn it) only need 1 point to be effective. For everything else, I would recommend that once you spend a point in something (like a debuff or firestorm) you then max it with your next 4 points.

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
... the debuffs are nightmare and weakness...

THAT's what I was trying to remember. When I re-spec'd at 29, which I will never regret, and put 7 skills to 4th, nightmare was one of them!!! It can be used in a combo with Hell Scream (warrior skill), I think. And your group can then seriously take down thier hit points.

Raxie
08-05-2010, 11:49 PM
i don't know why everyone thinks frostbite is bad. it can actually be useful in some situations. you don't need to max it but just putting one point in it to use it is helpful.

Jstizar
08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
i don't know why everyone thinks frostbite is bad. it can actually be useful in some situations. you don't need to max it but just putting one point in it to use it is helpful.

Never said it was bad, if you don't respec you are stuck with it, and it can be used well.

Raxie
08-06-2010, 01:44 AM
what? you don't make any sense at all. you said, 'if you don't respec you are stuck with it' but then you say it can be used well?
you just said one thing and then completely said the opposite thing. and also i wasn't talking to you; i was talking to royce because he said put 0 points for frostbite.

Jstizar
08-06-2010, 08:01 AM
what? you don't make any sense at all. you said, 'if you don't respec you are stuck with it' but then you say it can be used well?
you just said one thing and then completely said the opposite thing. and also i wasn't talking to you; i was talking to royce because he said put 0 points for frostbite.

First off, I make plenty of sense, you are just reading too much into it. Frostbite is an ok attack, and if you are stuck with it, it is a good way to start a combo with firestorm if you are low on mana.

Raxie
08-06-2010, 09:52 PM
oh i see what you mean.

Royce
08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
i was talking to royce because he said put 0 points for frostbite.

I think frostbite is okay, it's just weak, and the damage makes it not worth putting additional points into. However, I think it's fine to put one in each ice skill, or even more in frost if you really like it. The "best" build can differ by individual, and it's best to see what people are doing but tailor your build to your playstyle IMO.

Jstizar
08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Like royce shuns more than one point in mana shield :P.

Royce
08-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Like royce shuns more than one point in mana shield :P.

We'll see what happens at level 50 ;) , and one way or another it won't be long before we all have every skill maxed. I wonder what they'll do...

Jstizar
08-07-2010, 12:15 AM
gives us all a skill tree. YAY

Violentsaint
08-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I would max your heal and lightning first. Then spend points on firestorm. After that it becomes more a matter of taste/play style, but here's what I'd shoot for having at level 45:
5, 0, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
I would recommend not spreading your points out into too many skills at first. Because mana regen is hard to come by at lower level, it is very inefficient to have a bunch of skills with a few points in them (and you will spend a fortune on mana pots). Rez and mana shield (once you learn it) only need 1 point to be effective. For everything else, I would recommend that once you spend a point in something (like a debuff or firestorm) you then max it with your next 4 points.

this is the way my skill points are set up now, i respec to dex mage and decided i didnt like having a 'hotdog' on my head when 1.3 came out so i respec back to pally and desided i didnt need 5 points in mana shield and its better to have weakness maxed out.

Raxie
08-07-2010, 05:22 PM
i didnt like having a 'hotdog' on my head
qft. this is why i don't like being dex now lol.