PDA

View Full Version : Can AL be hacked?!

Xyv.io
08-13-2020, 01:26 PM
So apparently my friend's account got hacked by someone who knew her and me. I had my gears and pets on that account. So my friend told me that her account got hacked and she can login anymore. At first yeah I thought maybe she scammed me, but had a lot of talks and turns out I can't make a decision. Today that " hacker " guy pms my friend on fb and says he wants revenge from me because I trash talked him, he said he won't return anything now.
Tbh I never would think AL can be hacked like that. I contacted support but I don't think I'll get my stuff back. Don't know what to do now ffs......
P.S: not a phising site problem

Faotblack
08-13-2020, 01:37 PM
AL wasn't hacked, your account was.

Overbear
08-13-2020, 01:50 PM
To answer the question in your title: Yeah it probably can. I believe hackers can use SQL Injections or something like that to obtain hashed passwords and de-hash them.

But for your friends case, it likely wasn't a real "hacking" situation. There are are database websites out there that people can pay to use to search for leaked passwords that match with certain usernames/emails. This is how they get into accounts. They cross reference usernames of people ingame with leaked emails, and then with passwords or any other information they can obtain.

The safest way to avoid this is to have an username or an email that you use ONLY for AL.

Cinco
08-13-2020, 01:53 PM
Very sorry to hear that you got scammed by this person... but don't hold your gears and pets on another players' account. It's an incredibly bad idea. If you do this you will get scammed at some point.

Xyv.io
08-13-2020, 02:03 PM
Very sorry to hear that you got scammed by this person... but don't hold your gears and pets on another players' account. It's an incredibly bad idea. If you do this you will get scammed at some point.

I had a talk with that guy who apparently holds my friends account on Instagram

Xyv.io
08-13-2020, 02:24 PM

Btw is it possible to get into someone's account without knowing the pw and email?

Motherless_Child
08-13-2020, 02:28 PM
So apparently my friend's account got hacked by someone who knew her and me. I had my gears and pets on that account. So my friend told me that her account got hacked and she can login anymore. At first yeah I thought maybe she scammed me, but had a lot of talks and turns out I can't make a decision. Today that " hacker " guy pms my friend on fb and says he wants revenge from me because I trash talked him, he said he won't return anything now.
Tbh I never would think AL can be hacked like that. I contacted support but I don't think I'll get my stuff back. Don't know what to do now ffs......

Do stupid things and U get hacked......

1 + 1 = 2...... Simple math..............

Cinco
08-13-2020, 02:36 PM
Btw is it possible to get into someone's account without knowing the pw and email?

Nope.

Sorry to keep pushing this point but: you're going to get hacked if you have other people 'hold' your stuff for you.
If anyone has anyone else holding their stuff for them, they're half-way scammed already.

Xyv.io
08-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Nope.

Sorry to keep pushing this point but: you're going to get hacked if you have other people 'hold' your stuff for you.
If anyone has anyone else holding their stuff for them, they're half-way scammed already.

Hmm I guess so nothing can be done now. Will I get my stuff back anyhow? Or maybe you can track those items if I tell you the exact awake and names?

Cinco
08-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Hmm I guess so nothing can be done now. Will I get my stuff back anyhow? Or maybe you can track those items if I tell you the exact awake and names?

You need to contact the customer service team. Provide detailed information.

Futumsh
08-13-2020, 02:53 PM
If it can be hacked on our end, send us the details - there are no known hacks.

Most 'hacked' or 'stolen' accounts are due to one of a few things:
* giving your credentials to someone else (which is not allowed, besides being a bad idea)
* using the same email / password combo for the game as you use somewhere else - doing this means if the other place leaks your info, they can likely also get into your game account
* letting someone else use your device, or using someone else's device, with it set to save your password, so they can just launch it and be in.

Closing thread.

arcanefid
08-13-2020, 03:07 PM

Trash talking, "had my gears on that account", now you're not sure if you got scammed or hacked?

I thought you were pretty good at detecting viruses and hacks and stuff? (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?514000-party-crasher-2020-is-it-worth-your-time&p=3273520&viewfull=1#post3273520)