PDA

View Full Version : Where will you be when the dark is rising?

saool
03-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I've been listening to this band for about 10+ years (I am 22 going on 23). I've also had the pleasure to see them live! Anywho, ever since the announcement of DL I fell back in love with them because I feel it fits the theme oh so perfectly. I am on a Cradle of Filth binge atm, listening to them repeatedly, and awaiting the release of Dark Legends! Hope you enjoy the "darker" side of my taste in music.

P.S. These are not exactly their most extreme videos or songs. I like all their music (especially their older music) but these were probably the only two none graphic videos I found lol

P.S.S. Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum (Choir sings this in the beginning of Honey and Sulfur) translates to "An excellent protector of sheep, the wolf!" It is based on Gilles de Rais who was executed for the death of many children way back in the 1400's. It was said he used his wife (the wolf) to lure the children (the sheep), to carryout his malevolent deeds. A little bit more of history is the story/poem of "The Pied Piper" is believed to be lightly based on his crimes (I'm not a historian so I could neither deny or confirm this) lol

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dW6aNAZGTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHXcQ8Ka4E

Kaytar
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Nice to see the community getting pumped up for DL! :)

Elyseon
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Super pumped! I can barely play PL cuz I want DL so bad xD

Growwle
03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I've been listening to this band for about 10+ years (I am 22 going on 23). I've also had the pleasure to see them live! Anywho, ever since the announcement of DL I fell back in love with them because I feel it fits the theme oh so perfectly. I am on a Cradle of Filth binge atm, listening to them repeatedly, and awaiting the release of Dark Legends! Hope you enjoy the "darker" side of my taste in music.

P.S. These are not exactly their most extreme videos or songs. I like all their music (especially their older music) but these were probably the only two none graphic videos I found lol

P.S.S. Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum (Choir sings this in the beginning of Honey and Sulfur) translates to "An excellent protector of sheep, the wolf!" It is based on Gilles de Rais who was executed for the death of many children way back in the 1400's. It was said he used his wife (the wolf) to lure the children (the sheep), to carryout his malevolent deeds. A little bit more of history is the story/poem of "The Pied Piper" is believed to be lightly based on his crimes (I'm not a historian so I could neither deny or confirm this) lol

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dW6aNAZGTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHXcQ8Ka4E

I have been a COF fan since Vempire was first released in the US. I have seen them live when they still had their original lineup. My personal opinion is that their music has gone down hill after Cruelty and the Beast. I could never get into anything remotely Goth, but these guys are extreme.

saool
03-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Haha sweet!!! Trust me I can't wait!

And yes COF went downhill but they're getting back in touch with their roots imo lol

Skeletonlord
03-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Awesome music to get us into Dark Legends! Nice find!

ninjaduck
03-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Super pumped! I can barely play PL cuz I want DL so bad xD

i k r!!!!!

Nice find Saool!

Martin Tander
03-04-2012, 07:29 AM
What i like about dl is full 3d u can tilt camera aswell not just rotate like in pl)))

saool
03-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Ooh cool I'm glad you guys are liking it :D

Swords
03-05-2012, 09:13 AM
DL!

Artentreri
03-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Cradle of filth is so brutal, they have the best song names ever. Haven't listened to them in like a year though.

Growwle
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Cradle of filth is so brutal, they have the best song names ever. Haven't listened to them in like a year though.

You guys should check out Dummy Borghir and Old Man's Child if you like COF and haven't already, those 3 bands share members although only COF has the Goth / Vampire theme.

saool
03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
You guys should check out Dummy Borghir and Old Man's Child if you like COF and haven't already, those 3 bands share members although only COF has the Goth / Vampire theme.

lol you mean Dimmu-Borgir and yes they are sick I was also listening to them I love their video for Sorgen Kammer Del 2...and a whole lot more, and Old Man's Child is hella good I love Black Seeds on Virgin Soil. And I believe they share the drummers, well used to...

Growwle
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM

lol you mean Dimmu-Borgir and yes they are sick I was also listening to them I love their video for Sorgen Kammer Del 2...and a whole lot more, and Old Man's Child is hella good I love Black Seeds on Virgin Soil. And I believe they share the drummers, well used to...

Yeah, that got messed up by autocorrect. Now that I am old, I don't get to many concerts, but I still try to keep up.

saool
03-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Yeah, that got messed up by autocorrect. Now that I am old, I don't get to many concerts, but I still try to keep up.

Aw man that sucks, but it's probably in your best interest (family?), not to go to as many lol. I'm moving to San Francisco soon so I'm gonna have to find a few concerts in that area!