PDA

View Full Version : This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

ArtStar
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
So there are some things I'd like to get off my chest that I normally bite my tongue about in-game. I feel I am speaking for about 25% of the engineers in all of sl when I say these things, and that's a generous number. Because I understand that 75% of all engineers take their skills for granted, but thats a different subject all together. No, this thread is to all my fellow support class heroes who are struggling to do a good job. Just venting our side to the story, since I've seen many discussions on how "we need to learn our class."

STIMS, if we are far away and can not heal you, why do people refuse to use them!? If I have died and im running across the map to get back, USE STIMS instead of taking the time to write and demand heals from a dead engineer. If you can take time to demand heals I think you can use a couple stims. This is mainly an issue on mysterious figure runs. People LET themselves die at the boss demanding heals from a dead or non existent engineer. Non existent meaning, they switched to their toon with luck elixer which probably isn't an eng. Letting yourself die ruins it for everyone, especially on pink runs where people are throwing down 25 plat on luck/speed elixers.

HEALS, they are nothing more than a courtesy, don't think otherwise. Demanding them doesnt help anyone! Seriously do people think engineers can not see the teams health!? lol. Any decent engineer is watching the teams health, and is trying their best to keep those meters at 100%. I spam heals more than anyone I know and people still have the nerve to demand them like im doing a bad job. I know my job, and i take pride in trying to be the best at it.

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)

This isn't me trolling or hating on anyone so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Just thought I'd share a few of my pet peves about being an engineer, and was wondering how many forum users, that are engineers, felt the same.

Elyseon
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeh im an op, sadly find myself tanking a good bit of the time, even with a good eng i find myself spamming pots alot, if i sit back tho its probably cuz i forgot to load up before join and am too lazy to go grab some xD
I generally wait till the eng start walking away before I ask for a rev. Yes there are some engs that are oblivious or maybe just havent played in a while, and they dont rev as fast as they should aka even after the mobs has clear off.

Azamaster
03-03-2012, 11:28 PM
So true. Some people who have always played engis don't really seem to realize how much of a gift stims are, or at least until Voleria. Unfortunately the cost is much more than a lot of people want to pay.

Iron Hand
03-04-2012, 12:42 AM
So there are some things I'd like to get off my chest that I normally bite my tongue about in-game. I feel I am speaking for about 25% of the engineers in all of sl when I say these things, and that's a generous number. Because I understand that 75% of all engineers take their skills for granted, but thats a different subject all together. No, this thread is to all my fellow support class heroes who are struggling to do a good job. Just venting our side to the story, since I've seen many discussions on how "we need to learn our class."

STIMS, if we are far away and can not heal you, why do people refuse to use them!? If I have died and im running across the map to get back, USE STIMS instead of taking the time to write and demand heals from a dead engineer. If you can take time to demand heals I think you can use a couple stims. This is mainly an issue on mysterious figure runs. People LET themselves die at the boss demanding heals from a dead or non existent engineer. Non existent meaning, they switched to their toon with luck elixer which probably isn't an eng. Letting yourself die ruins it for everyone, especially on pink runs where people are throwing down 25 plat on luck/speed elixers.

HEALS, they are nothing more than a courtesy, don't think otherwise. Demanding them doesnt help anyone! Seriously do people think engineers can not see the teams health!? lol. Any decent engineer is watching the teams health, and is trying their best to keep those meters at 100%. I spam heals more than anyone I know and people still have the nerve to demand them like im doing a bad job. I know my job, and i take pride in trying to be the best at it.

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)

This isn't me trolling or hating on anyone so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Just thought I'd share a few of my pet peves about being an engineer, and was wondering how many forum users, that are engineers, felt the same.

lol art as serious tanking commando u make me indestructible... i have always appreciated a good engineer and have died many times to take the brunt of the storm so an engineer can get in to revive some else.. hehe

TheChairmaker
03-04-2012, 01:32 AM
I hate being asked to revive nanoseconds after someone's died. I've got a rule - say "please" or leave my run. Same goes for heals. Thank you ArtStar, for summing up my complaints with some people nicely :subdued:

ArtStar
03-04-2012, 01:59 AM
So true. Some people who have always played engis don't really seem to realize how much of a gift stims are, or at least until Voleria. Unfortunately the cost is much more than a lot of people want to pay.

Yeah i'd say i have spent well over 100k or so on stims leveling my guild and such since voleria has came out. Money well spent for me lolol. Sucks though, i remember being poor and barely making enough for stims to get me by in the game. So i can see why engineers are relied upon so much. I have no idea why *cough cough* some people raised the cost of stims a while back, if im remembering correctly?? Ha ha. Its pretty impossible to make decent credits unless you throw down real money now days, so yeah that really sucks for the less fortunate players. :/

Commanderkeen
03-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Well put Art I'm starting to see this alot more offen in voleria. I'm doing runs with my engi and i die let it be from whatever source mainly snipers, but back to the point when i die I'm looking at my teams stats on the left side of the screen while hurring back to them and none of them are using stims then i get there just in time to see them all die. So of course i rev then die in the process of doing that before i can get a harmony off and then it turns into a cycle and im telling them why don't you all use stims till i get there, their like don't need stims your a engi and im like WTH in my head of course i dont want to hurt anyones feeling by saying that out loud. Now when I'm using one of my non engi toons I'm always using stims so when everyone around me is screaming rev I'm standing there defending their dead bodies so the engi can arrive to rev them. I'm telling them this would not happen if you all would use stims.

ArtStar
03-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Well put Art I'm starting to see this alot more offen in voleria. I'm doing runs with my engi and i die let it be from whatever source mainly snipers, but back to the point when i die I'm looking at my teams stats on the left side of the screen while hurring back to them and none of them are using stims then i get there just in time to see them all die. So of course i rev then die in the process of doing that before i can get a harmony off and then it turns into a cycle and im telling them why don't you all use stims till i get there, their like don't need stims your a engi and im like WTH in my head of course i dont want to hurt anyones feeling by saying that out loud. Now when I'm using one of my non engi toons I'm always using stims so when everyone around me is screaming rev I'm standing there defending their dead bodies so the engi can arrive to rev them. I'm telling them this would not happen if you all would use stims.

Ahahaha the whole cycle part makes me LOL cause thats exactly what i was trying to say x)
Its pretty funny sounding, but in the game it is nerve racking.

Iron Hand
03-04-2012, 02:00 PM

i know the exact feeling when running with random groups... hehe someone dies because they don't use stims so i tank it to get the engine to them revive then they go off without waiting for me to go get in for crowd control first then they die again so here i am doing it again protecting a dead body so the engine can get to them. lol i smh and just say to my self glad art is with me because when we run together i am able to do what i do best blow up a room and try to keep her safe so she can make me indestructible. most of the time people do not pay attention to their health meter... me i get half way down i use a stim or 2 then by that time art is up with me to heal me up for the next room. yea baby that is how it supposed to work and we work well together she lets my tanking commando take lead then comes in heals and helps me clear out the room. i have noticed a lot of players do not understand the job of the commando either they sit at the back of the pack hiding trying to pick off enemies... you got the highest armor and health and the best aoe in the game... you should be the charging bull into a room not the meek calf hiding behind momma cow. this too is how a lot of engi's die... because too many times everyone lets them be first in the room.

MYNISTA
03-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Great post. Speaks for me too.

Mitchturbo
03-05-2012, 03:28 AM
i have noticed a lot of players do not understand the job of the commando either they sit at the back of the pack hiding trying to pick off enemies... you got the highest armor and health and the best aoe in the game... you should be the charging bull into a room not the meek calf hiding behind momma cow. this too is how a lot of engi's die... because too many times everyone lets them be first in the room.

This is nearly every run I've been in bar runs with Deo,
Ever since I first started playing the game, the main majority of groups I've been in wouldn't budge unless I ran first!
Me, an engineer... So I've always had to adapt to the playing style and now I don't know any different lol.
I wouldn't have it any other way now, but I completely agree with you here, I don't understand why the random comando never took the lead...

It's all good :-D

Iron Hand
03-05-2012, 09:26 AM
@ mitch... Is why in lil pwnies i train the commando ... I have always played a tank... I am hard charger in the game is why the class suits me so perfectly. A commando in sl is the best weapon a group has against a mob. I go first blow the mob up and take on the toughest enemies to draw fire to me.. by doing this it allows the eng to keep me healthy with a few stims and the ops gt to mop up. This why i love running with art n other pwnies cause they love to let me charge in and play some iron pinball while they mop up i am already in next room blowing that mob up. Is why i love the commando.

Kanozaki
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM
so if i were to demand heals arty would get mad at me ? :o interesting

ArtStar
03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
@ mitch... Is why in lil pwnies i train the commando ... I have always played a tank... I am hard charger in the game is why the class suits me so perfectly. A commando in sl is the best weapon a group has against a mob. I go first blow the mob up and take on the toughest enemies to draw fire to me.. by doing this it allows the eng to keep me healthy with a few stims and the ops gt to mop up. This why i love running with art n other pwnies cause they love to let me charge in and play some iron pinball while they mop up i am already in next room blowing that mob up. Is why i love the commando.

You know a lot of people dont know, I actually started out as a commando. I was a lvl55 bear in pl and i loveeeed to tank. I loveeeeee the way other people were trying to out tank each other like we were racing. We made SURE no enemies were targetting anyone but us, we didnt even need mages we were such good tanks.

I came to sl expecting the same kind of runs, but seeing as how a lot of people didnt take to good to the initial creds/stims sl became a different story. Lol, if I were still a mando i'd probably have written a long mando thread because that is probably the main class that bothers me. Teams could be so good with a great tank, which i was way back when. Lolol Demoneyes was my name, and Uncharted Ruins was my playground. Carried so many teams to defeat the gaurdian. Ahhh the good ole' days x) but yeh I got sick of engineers neglecting their skills making it unfair for me throwing down literally every cent i had on stims to carry my teams. So I made it my mission to be the best engineer i could be. He he then eventually fell in love with another class as i farmed up an xray as Artstar. I am proud to say im one of the first people to get an xray :-) and the first person to get an xray was Zero a fellow pwnie. ha ha my favorite engineer though that still plays just as hard as me is Pinkcat. One of the leaders of Vengeance and one of the best players in the game. Ha ha I'd say we are about even at what we do, and it is a pleasure running with her. The leaderboards speak for themselves :-) hmmmmmmmm... We own the top guilds, are both #1 on the board, maybe engineers MAKE a great guild. Lol its silly because what we do isnt hard, like i said people often neglect their skills.

Oh and as you can see, I deleted my mando and made it into an op.

ArtStar
03-05-2012, 11:59 AM
so if i were to demand heals arty would get mad at me ? :o interesting

Lolol I totally was expecting this kind of feedback when I posted this.
No of course not because you're great to run with :-)

octavos
03-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Im an engineer, i know my skills in/out. I heal because i can, and revive when ( I ) want too. Kill me with kindness and I help any way i can :D, be rude in anyway....and poof I disappear. I agree with whats posted, but no one sees my anger...I just vanish

Anyway here is a nice motto
Service with a smile :D...No smile with a demand = NO Service for you lol.

ArtStar
03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Im an engineer, i know my skills in/out. I heal because i can, and revive when ( I ) want too. Kill me with kindness and I help any way i can :D, be rude in anyway....and poof I disappear. I agree with whats posted, but no one sees my anger...I just vanish

Spoken like a true Star Gaurd :-)
Ahahaha naimkidding.
Yeah I feel the same way, I dont usually disappear as I am the one hosting every run I'm on though. I just boot x) I guess that is part of why I am not star gaurd material.

octavos
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Ahahaha naimkidding.
Yeah I feel the same way, I dont usually disappear as I am the one hosting every run I'm on though. I just boot x) I guess that is part of why I am not star gaurd material.

I understand your motive for booting (I would too, since being rude is not cool :(), I dont appreciate rude behavior, and no one has to stand for it.
So yes, we love to play and help ppl, but when they get mad and demand.... encourage them to use a plat revive. thats why its there or in the new update "Revenge" this should help with there anger problem.

Your friend,
:ghost: aka Octavos.

Mitchturbo
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah Rudeness isn't needed really is it. Im sure people forget they are playing alongside fellow human beings hahaha :-)
I also think a few noobs feel that engineers can't do there jobs that's why they demand rev every second the moment they die.

ArtStar
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah Rudeness isn't needed really is it. Im sure people forget they are playing alongside fellow human beings hahaha :-)
I also think a few noobs feel that engineers can't do there jobs that's why they demand rev every second the moment they die.

Yeah I don't boot to be rude or anything cool like that. It's just I got a lot of demand on my room overall. There is only four spots so I have to boot the people who ninja and haven't been grinding with me for the past hour, and also people not in my guild.

Iron Hand
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Hehe ... Commando here a true tank combine me with one good engi and we are industructible and together usually wipe out mobs... Simply put my job is to go in blow up the room get all the agrro and have 'em all concentrated on me. This allows my good engi (art, morf and other pwnies n friends) to keep me upright so i can keep my aoe going and have mob all worried about me. With the help of a good engi i only have to use a few stims which allows me to use blue pots so i can keep throwing my skills at the mob.

superkind
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for this! It really says a lot for us "real" engineers. And your right, a lot of eng play tank or dps instead of healing. Our healing is a gift! And our skills have cool down just like yours! Another thing really annoying is when someone types "rev me!" every 0.1 seconds then as soon as I clear the mob with the couple ops that are still alive and go over to rev he respawns! And we engineers use allot of mana pots. We have to because in every group there is that 1 person who thinks they have to get all the guys in 3 rooms and then demand heals and revs when they die and are mean because we "didn't do a good enough job healing me but when I die you heal everyone else enough to barley keep them alive!" and tanks do nee to do a better job. On delta 7 miner mc.gruik (or however it's spelled) I (the eng) always had to enter first cause all the coms an ops were to worried about being killed to go first. Then when they get in there they shoot everything! Anyone else have this problem? And art, thanks for this! I really like being able to tell everyone what bugs us!:)

Defyduck
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM

ikr

superkind
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
What is your guild art? Can I join? Lvl 27 engineer. Greasy! Always looking for friends!:)

superkind
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Service with a smile :D...No smile with a demand = NO Service for you lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I'll definitely use that motto!

superkind
03-05-2012, 02:31 PM

Ahahaha naimkidding.

I really don't blame you. Sl is a FUN GAME! If someone is being rude and ruining the fun then don't play with them! I don't boot people because I am practicing so maybe I can be a star guard but I will ask them to be nice.

Iron Hand
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Run with me superkind... I always first in and never ask for heal or revive unless engi wants me to. I always carry a bunch of stims n pots so the engi can worry about others that have less armor n health. A true com will keep the aggro of mob on it so he or she can do the most damage and allows the ops and engi to do quick mop up duty. If i played as an op i would probably have 3x's the kills i have now.. but rather i like tanking it and with way my skills are set with some stims i was able to solo all of voleria... Sure i died a couple of times but stil made it.. a good mando with a good skill set for pve will always be great with a good engi.. engi's r so under appreciated for what they do.

superkind
03-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Ok I'll definitely do that. You on now? I'm greasy (I think I mentioned that above)

Iron Hand
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok I'll definitely do that. You on now? I'm greasy (I think I mentioned that above)

At wrk right now friend but will be on later add my commando "ironhand" and when i get off i come find u and run with u. :D

ArtStar
03-05-2012, 05:12 PM
What is your guild art? Can I join? Lvl 27 engineer. Greasy! Always looking for friends!:)

I'm the gm of Sparkling Pwnies, and of course you can join buddy. Ha ha we generally recruit lvl36+ though. This way it usually weeds out any non serious players and we can all play at the same level. I can recruit you to our sub guild for lower than 36 players who are dedicated to becoming Sparkling Pwnies, this guild is run by Ironhand's alt, and is called Lil Pwnies.

Notato
03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Couldn't have said any of this better!

My biggest gripe is when people expect engineers to be the first to charge into a mob. We work best when we charge in with others, healing and protecting. We're not tanks, and shouldn't be expected to act as such. And don't yell for heals/revives when you charge ahead and leave the safety of the group. I'm not ignoring you, I'm simply tending to the needs of the many!

I'm honestly surprised at the number of high level players (I'm lvl 34) who take us for granted.

ArtStar
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Couldn't have said any of this better!

My biggest gripe is when people expect engineers to be the first to charge into a mob. We work best when we charge in with others, healing and protecting. We're not tanks, and shouldn't be expected to act as such. And don't yell for heals/revives when you charge ahead and leave the safety of the group. I'm not ignoring you, I'm simply tending to the needs of the many!

I'm honestly surprised at the number of high level players (I'm lvl 34) who take us for granted.

Yeah, I find myself tanking and leading a lot of the teams I am on being an eng. I am kind of a tank at heart so I'm usually trying to take aggro and try to control the momentum of my teams. Ha ha the best feeling is when you time all your heals right and see everyone's health shoot back to max. All you really need is one engineer on a team spamming heals, but it hels a lottttt having a back-up eng for those needed revs.

Taipan
03-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Only time i get mad at an eng is when they don't have revive skill...

Iron Hand
03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
As a tanking ccommando since i take the lead a lot in groups i make sure i have enough stims to hold me over until an engi as able to spam heal... Doing it this allows me to keep the agrro of the mob so others can mop up and keeps the firing away from engi's so they can help us out. I always try to make sure i am a feww steps ahead of the group but this is by design of the way i have my skill set fixed to do maximum aoe damage, the armors i carry to maximize my health and armor value and since i usaully carry a large amount of stims n mana pots. This allows me to protect the group especially engi's and the engi does not often have to worry about me except for the occasional getting pushed into a mine... Hehe.. another reason i like to be ahead of group.

ArtStar
03-06-2012, 01:53 PM
As a tanking ccommando since i take the lead a lot in groups i make sure i have enough stims to hold me over until an engi as able to spam heal... Doing it this allows me to keep the agrro of the mob so others can mop up and keeps the firing away from engi's so they can help us out. I always try to make sure i am a feww steps ahead of the group but this is by design of the way i have my skill set fixed to do maximum aoe damage, the armors i carry to maximize my health and armor value and since i usaully carry a large amount of stims n mana pots. This allows me to protect the group especially engi's and the engi does not often have to worry about me except for the occasional getting pushed into a mine... Hehe.. another reason i like to be ahead of group.

Lol yeah thats why you are an awesome tank to run with!

Iron Hand
03-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Lol yeah thats why you are an awesome tank to run with!

Ty art it is all fun for me ... <3Artstar<3 ... Besides i like to crack jokes while run and make fun of myself along the way too... Objective: put a smile on ppl's day. Mission accomplished :D

ArtStar
03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Ty art it is all fun for me ... <3Artstar<3 ... Besides i like to crack jokes while run and make fun of myself along the way too... Objective: put a smile on ppl's day. Mission accomplished :D

Yep yep, thats what it is all about.

Lady_Pebbles
04-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Amen to all that Art... Heh then people wonder why we are picky with who we run with, disappear unannounced, boot them from -our- runs, and take action as a semi-tank when some Comms don't do their jobs right?

Now ya know. >__>

ArtStar
04-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Amen to all that Art... Heh then people wonder why we are picky with who we run with, disappear unannounced, boot them from -our- runs, and take action as a semi-tank when some Comms don't do their jobs right?

Now ya know. >__>

Lol right right, it is frustrating at times.
Only when I play with randoms mostly,
Our pwnies are pretty considerate and do their class right.

Eyesharp
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I totally agree with art on this. She points out every reason about what we engineer suffer about. Nice going art and standing up for the engineer league! ( league= class get it? )

ArtStar
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I totally agree with art on this. She points out every reason about what we engineer suffer about. Nice going art and standing up for the engineer league! ( league= class get it? )

Ha ha tyvm for the good feedback :3
Nice meeting you in the game today.

ArtStar
06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Now this is a thread that should be "necro'd" to remind everyone to be nice to engineers :D

Mitchturbo
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
I love Engineers <3

PianoWizzy
06-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Praise engineers!

*does comm backbreaker*

akfury
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM

well done arty, i forget some times when im on my op and i begin to get mad at the eng for not healing properly then i remember how much i hate it when people do it to my eng im going to work on that after all its a game for fun not grief :D

Sryyoulose
06-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Same with PL of this forum wasn't 13... Well I'd have a lot to say about those people.

Esoul
06-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Holy $%*@ It's a Engineers :p

flashbackflip
06-08-2012, 03:44 AM
yo yo yo!

operative TANK here!

i hear ya Art! and agree almost with everything.. as the quality players are rare nowadays i usually do all-team-job myself (soloing Voleria makes you learn lol)

i mean it's a common thing now - for coms - not to tank and for engies - not to heal, so i pack up with hundreds of stims and tank&heal not waiting for other 'shy' members to do their jobs (as it might never happen) :D

if engies heal me - i perceive that more as a bonus to my own stim-spamming, not the only source of health... if coms tank - i perceive that as a bonus help to my own tanking..

weird times lol

the only thing i wanna clear out is this:

personally, i have 'rev me pls' as a quickchat option and use it right after im dead

WHY?

because some engies, being not-that-great-as-Star can really miss my death in the heat of a battle and also to show my team engie where is my dead body lies as it could be missed out in the blazing hell of skills and piles of dead enemies as soon as we look almost the same as scorns we r fighting

so please, dont be mad at dudes who say 'rev pls' as soon as they r dead - they want TO HELP YOU, not to bug you

P.S.
i really miss my wife stopped playing due to the lack of content and 'not girlish' lvl 40 armor (obviously she's not as hardcore as i am and thanx God lol) She was so great i never spent A SINGLE stim on first 3 Voleria maps.....

she's the best engie at Jedi Council.. i remember guildies were trying to get into our map not to run with me as a GM (that instantly becoming the second motivation), but to run with her as she was terrific enough to always use plat rev if got killed so others won't have to wait till she runs back ))

ArtStar
06-08-2012, 04:47 AM
if engies heal me - i perceive that more as a bonus to my own stim-spamming, not the only source of health... if coms tank - i perceive that as a bonus help to my own tanking..

WHY?

because some engies, being not-that-great-as-Star can really miss my death in the heat of a battle and also to show my team engie where is my dead body lies as it could be missed out in the blazing hell of skills and piles of dead enemies as soon as we look almost the same as scorns we r fighting

so please, dont be mad at dudes who say 'rev pls' as soon as they r dead - they want TO HELP YOU, not to bug you

Ha ha people think engineers to be boring and not very challenging, but when a good eng gets in the zone it can really boost a teams momentum. Killing in Star Legends is like second nature to me now so I really enjoy the challenge of healing and supporting the team at the same time. There are a lot of lazy players IMO lol, if tanks tanked, and ops sniped the enemies they are suppose to focus on while an eng heals/buffs there is no stopping that team. Those are the groups I have a lot of fun running Voleria with :D I still enjoy it, I'm fed up with Voleria but V5 runs are always fun from time to time. I'm slowly getting more active, look for me in-game sometime! I love running with randoms.

Ha ha and no worries I can tell the difference between being rude and generally just trying to get my attention.
I really don't mind the quick chats, people usually make up random things and sometimes they're awesome.

*Zero*
06-08-2012, 06:12 AM
My name is Zero amd im a Engiholic.....
Na jk hey guys ive switched from Commamdo to become a Engineer. Love the class it brought back the passion i loved of SL. So add me ingame name is still Zero. Hope to see ya'll in some runs and the upcoming content.

*Zero*
06-08-2012, 06:15 AM
yo yo yo!

operative TANK here!

i hear ya Art! and agree almost with everything.. as the quality players are rare nowadays i usually do all-team-job myself (soloing Voleria makes you learn lol)

i mean it's a common thing now - for coms - not to tank and for engies - not to heal, so i pack up with hundreds of stims and tank&heal not waiting for other 'shy' members to do their jobs (as it might never happen) :D

weird times lol

the only thing i wanna clear out is this:

personally, i have 'rev me pls' as a quickchat option and use it right after im dead

WHY?

P.S.
i really miss my wife stopped playing due to the lack of content and 'not girlish' lvl 40 armor (obviously she's not as hardcore as i am and thanx God lol) She was so great i never spent A SINGLE stim on first 3 Voleria maps.....

she's the best engie at Jedi Council.. i remember guildies were trying to get into our map not to run with me as a GM (that instantly becoming the second motivation), but to run with her as she was terrific enough to always use plat rev if got killed so others won't have to wait till she runs back ))

Now this is a good point. But also ive noticed i can stand on the corpse and they not recieve the rev. But i have patience too so a quick "man down" is a good thing!.

ArtStar
06-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Now this is a good point. But also ive noticed i can stand on the corpse and they not recieve the rev. But i have patience too so a quick "man down" is a good thing!.

Lol whenever someone has been dead more than a couple seconds I usually let them know why. I'll say "recharge" or something.
Alot of the times I'll take forever to rev is because I already flashed a rev to buff the team moments before the death.
That little mini buff helps in it's small way and it's good practice for when I max out revs skill points.

Zaonabiuibil
06-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Oh yes. When I'm on my engineer and they spam "rev, rev" I make em wait longer lol.

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I see this thread is in need of a bump!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61952-engineer-disrespect
Be nice to Engineers!

Ozuyucalebam
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Only time i get mad at an eng is when they don't have revive skill...
Lol I ran into a few of these. I just don't get why they can put at least one skill point into revive. Although the last one I ran into at least warned us he couldn't revive...

Seiyen
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I dont have revive :p

-Raghav

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
From time to time you'll come across offensive Engineers without revs and stuff, lol its normal.
They help, just not as much on the support front.

akfury
07-02-2012, 12:07 AM
From time to time you'll come across offensive Engineers without revs and stuff, lol its normal.
They help, just not as much on the support front.

rev is for wimps who dont own stims :p

PianoWizzy
07-02-2012, 12:15 AM
rev is for wimps who dont own stims :p

Or wimps like me, the custom commandos who got pushed into a mine by enemies by running in first like I'm supposed to :(

Garvhoz
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Hm I dont know why commandos dont take the lead, I always try to take the lead even if there is a lv40-41 commando in there already. I think coms should be the ones that blow up everything in their path to protect their engineer

Mitchturbo
07-03-2012, 01:07 PM
They should, but the majority don't.
The best of us Engineers had to adapt.

ArtStar
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Hm I dont know why commandos dont take the lead, I always try to take the lead even if there is a lv40-41 commando in there already. I think coms should be the ones that blow up everything in their path to protect their engineer

I feel the same way lol.