PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends:Adventures (1.3) Feedback Thread

asommers
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Pocket Legends: Adventures (1.3) has been approved by Apple. We're currently waiting for it to be available in the App Store. Please continue to provide constructive feedback here.

Thanks!

-ALS

Cascade
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Woooooottttttttt!!! Brb gotta change my pants

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cascade
08-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Unforunatley I'm on my paper route....Man PL is a work motivator too! =D

When will it be in the App Store?

kavanah
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome! Can't wait! Any idea how long the App Store process takes?

Is STS dev team is incredibly awesome! constructive feedback?

asommers
08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Looks like it's up.

-ALS

Cascade
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Woot! Yay thanks devs you guys rock!

kavanah
08-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Downloading now =)

Jstizar
08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Ahhh i can't find it! lol

For some reason it didn't come up under updates. You have to search for it.

Rebel
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Updating now :) Can't wait to see!

Banned
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Awesome possum, yo.

asommers
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Looks like we've got a couple of server crashes (resulting in character disconnects). We're getting them fixed asap.

-ALS

Cascade
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Its torture! I had to download it and then go finish my paper route ill try to hurry =)

Rebel
08-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Its torture! I had to download it and then go finish my paper route ill try to hurry =)

Its alright. Servers are down for maintenance.

Anyway, yea, I had about 8 disconnects before servers went totally down for mainanence.

smokester
08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
downloading now... my connection is so f8ing slow though can't hardly wait... WOOHOO

im gonna start a new character just for this yay!!!!!

kavanah
08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I got to play for about 15 mins =)

asommers
08-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Ok, [that] problem's fixed. Servers are back up.

-ALS

haroldiv
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! damnit today is the day when i told myself i was going to catch up on work. F THAT

smokester
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
my dexbear looks funny with the new viewable hats and the talon looks more awesome now Thank You to the dev team... always doing an awesome job

Cascade
08-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Man PL id epic now.....Hopefully we will see some new quests soon? Maybe some even inspired by part of the community? =D

Yardsalez
08-05-2010, 03:40 PM
hats look funny, but everything else is awesome! Enchantresses look diff (:

Banned
08-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm loving the quests and (kinda)open world, it adds so much more. But...

I BEG YOU, CHANGE BACK THE ITEM DESIGN. It's simply horrific. My wand looks like it was made out of Lego, and my talon looks like a popsicle stick. Might also wanna take a look at bear necks. It's not a tumor? Actually, I think it is.

Also, is the DPS increase a glitch or something?

Lastly, I have a suggestion. Make it so we have the option to turn off helms.

KingFu
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Updating now. Can't get my iPod to download it but yes!!!!!!!

tjornan
08-05-2010, 04:01 PM
awwww son of a biscuit. lost my phone, and i cant get a new one till later today. GREAT TIME TO RELEASE IT APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with banned. from what ive seen the hats look pretty lame. the archer hat looks like a..... never mind. i agree with banned and make a option helm. i saw a pic of the wand and bear necks. they look terrible.

KingFu
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
I still can't get it on my iPod. It's downloading on my iPad. Any reason why my iPod isn't? They are one the same account if that has a ythint to do with it. Thanks! Sorry if I don't reply. If I don't ill be playing ;)

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Somehow I couldn't find it in App Store I searched for "Legends". Well, have patience, snakes... I'll get it this evening.

But I have a question: Can you still enter a towne with more than 49 items? I imagine so because the stash is in a towne.

smokester
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
umm the stash?... do i have to go through all of forest haven again to unlock it or something? LOL and subsequently go through all lvls to access the new townes/vendors/pvp arena and such

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 04:31 PM
umm the stash?... do i have to go through all of forest haven again to unlock it or something? LOL and subsequently go through all lvls to access the new townes/vendors/pvp arena and such

Stash thing is annoying, as you have to do the first four quests, which is quick. But you have to do them with every character you want to access the stash with.

Darkchylde
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
dang wouldnt u know it the day i gt calld bak to work is the day it came out damn

Designalt
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
"Disconnected from the patch server" same issue as always with major updates. I'll try again in the morning.

Eviiedwin
08-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Why should my 45s have to redo all these lowbie quests? I can't even access an AO2 game. The Enchantresses should have an option to be male or female.

I really dislike this update so far and I may not bother to play through everything again.

Cascade
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
What's so bad about the update? Its awesome.

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I seriously can't get it till I get home from work.

Are you saying that I can't get to my stash without going through the newbie quests, and therefore, I can't be carrying more than 49 items to go to the stash?

Are people still standing around towne hawking wares, or do they have a place they can all go to be merchants now?

flaimdude
08-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Brb, changing pants.

jonboy
08-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Woot, I'm on the bus to work ATM but as soon as I'm in range of the university's wifi I'll be getting it and reporting back.

Nouda
08-05-2010, 05:33 PM
what its up!!!! why is it taking so long to sync my itouch ahh

jonboy
08-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Ok it shows as an update for me in app store, just another 7 mins, I wonder if I can get the driver to speed up.

Yardsalez
08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Why do the 45s have to go back through all the lower level campaigns to access all the campaign levels?

Jstizar
08-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Graphics and colors remind me a bad kids game, the quests are closer to boring than anything else I can think of and the open world just makes things more cluttered. I'm sure people wont like what I just said but i prefer the old PL FAR more.

Cascade
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I actually agree dude...If they improved everything more it would be epic....To be honest I really like ut now but it could be so much better.

bmc85uk
08-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Not a fan of the archery hats, they should look more like this IMO:

http://www.delilahskeepe.com/sitebuilder/images/robin_hood_hat_web-535x401.jpg

Robin Hood style :-)

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Ursan Warlord Armor no longer looks like a panda bear. I paid 10K gold for it, and ONLY because it looked panda. I actually feel ripped off, even though it is only play money. We wanted MORE things like Ursan Warlord armor, not to have it made the same as everything else!

I was hoping a derby would look like a derby. The hats are all the same, just look like knit hats. Archers get a feather. Toad Tiara isn't either toady or tiara-ee. It's just a green colored knit hat.

I am sorry to only have negative feedback so far after just 10 minutes, but 10K gold was spent on the Ursan Warlord armor, and I just can't really think beyond that. I feel pretty disappointed about that.

Oh well, time to start a new character. This won't drive me away, not by a longshot, but it will take some time before I can feel anything but let down. I'm just not a panda anymore. It's funny, but it did cost a lot!

Oh and my bone cloth is frosty. What?

asommers
08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
All good feedback. We are listening. We'll wait for a bit more and then comment about where we are headed.

-ALS

bmc85uk
08-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Armour still doesn't look like it's base type, I had the impression that was part of the plan, or maybe it still is?

The enchantress still always wears a robe, bears always plate with shoulderpads, and archers always a jacket. The leg armour on my bear doesn't match the actual main armour, and without a leg slot to equip I'm guessing he'll be stuck that way. Also check out bears wielding bows, there's a real bad polygon or two on their back that cuts in to the character model.

Cascade
08-05-2010, 06:29 PM
One thing that needs to be fixed asap is quests the quests are ok but they need to make them harder and with better prizes!

vulgarstrike
08-05-2010, 06:31 PM
liking the update, but whats with the MaSsive dps raise in daggers?

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Ursan Warlord Armor no longer looks like a panda bear. I paid 10K gold for it, and ONLY because it looked panda. I actually feel ripped off, even though it is only play money. We wanted MORE things like Ursan Warlord armor, not to have it made the same as everything else!

Oh and my bone cloth is frosty. What?

In the chat box, JustG told me these are just bugs and they can be fixed.

So, I AM HAPPY NOW, and I will get myself used to the new interface.

Thanks, devs, you're the best!!! :-)

Justg
08-05-2010, 06:47 PM
One thing that needs to be fixed asap is quests the quests are ok but they need to make them harder and with better prizes!

These are newb quests, for newb players. We'll be implementing more townes and quests as we go.

Cascade
08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Ok good glad to hear it when will there be elite quests?

Justg
08-05-2010, 06:53 PM
As we go cascade. Fathom Crypts Towne (Glumdoll Cemetery) is next.

Eviiedwin
08-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I know what you mean about the ursan warlord armor. I spent 2p (which was real life money, not play money) on the 45 with the same graphic so my str enchantress would look a certain way. Now it just looks like a plain black dress with no face graphics.

Futumsh
08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
The dps actually done by the weapons hasn't changed (as far as I know), but there was a bug with the display of them previously which was showing it as lower than it should have been.

bmc85uk
08-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Fantastic, as long as what we have now is a more true representation.

While I'm here, a thoroughly good update guys - even if some of it (it was inevitable) slightly missed the mark, it's definitely a push in the right direction and has sparked my interest back up in the game again :-)

Banned
08-05-2010, 07:36 PM
The dps actually done by the weapons hasn't changed (as far as I know), but there was a bug with the display of them previously which was showing it as lower than it should have been.

The speed of my dagger is .03.

My DPS is 246.

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 07:37 PM
The speed of my dagger is .03.

My DPS is 246.

Quiet you!

vulgarstrike
08-05-2010, 07:39 PM
i get 245. lucky dick. also, i'm on quest 19 and I'm supposed to find Daria at 12 but I don't see her. bug, or any help?

EDIT: Just a quick mistake on the devs part, I found Daria in Chapter 11 even though it told me to go to chapter 12. :)

Royce
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I have not played it a ton yet, but my initial impression is that I love this update, with a few minor issues.
- Hats need a lot of work, particularly the hairnets errr... I mean chainmail ;) And in general they should better be able to match corresponding armor from the same level
- Pink color text for chat needs to go. Seeing pink text pop up on screen used to signal an exciting event, and the color should be reserved for that
- Don't like the new elf heads but maybe I'll get used to it...
The world map, and connected towns are great (though I wish they could be a bit more expansive, with longer roads between). Quests seem like a very cool addition, and I can't wait for higher level ones (though I plan to start a new character shortly). Overall, I think the dev team has much to be proud of, this update is a big step forward :D

SamTheDog
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Not a fan so far. A (sort of) short list why:
1. I get that the quests on the noob worlds are for noobs, but why make me run my 45's through them to get to stash?
2. I hit the go to quest button, I go to the level for the quest, and someone has already cleared the objective. So back to town, start again, get placed in quest with objective done already, repeat. Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!
3. Bad enough that I've got to repeat levels, but I don't like that I've got to go back to town to get the next quest instead of just going to next level. When I start a new toon, or for someone new, great, work through the story. But otherwise, what a freakin' beat down.
4. I haven't gone through all the quests yet, so I may have to retract. But there doesn't seem to be any new content for upper level toons. Sure the new interface needs exploring but I may as well keep farming AO2. Gimme a side quest or something!

Banned
08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Not a fan so far. A (sort of) short list why:
1. I get that the quests on the noob worlds are for noobs, but why make me run my 45's through them to get to stash?
2. I hit the go to quest button, I go to the level for the quest, and someone has already cleared the objective. So back to town, start again, get placed in quest with objective done already, repeat. Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!
3. Bad enough that I've got to repeat levels, but I don't like that I've got to go back to town to get the next quest instead of just going to next level. When I start a new toon, or for someone new, great, work through the story. But otherwise, what a freakin' beat down.
4. I haven't gone through all the quests yet, so I may have to retract. But there doesn't seem to be any new content for upper level toons. Sure the new interface needs exploring but I may as well keep farming AO2. Gimme a side quest or something!

4. It's coming, yo. Just wait it out.

vulgarstrike
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I see this as our future: the bosses in the pvp who have one hit kill hits and take years to bring down, that's a quest, and the reward is huge. would be fun!

vulgarstrike
08-05-2010, 07:52 PM
- Pink color text for chat needs to go. Seeing pink text pop up on screen used to signal an exciting event, and the color should be reserved for that

I kept think haikus had given me a pink...

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
-

The pink color popping up has become pavlos bell to me. I never noticed before now that robot chicken puts it's credits in pink.

SamTheDog
08-05-2010, 08:10 PM
4. It's coming, yo. Just wait it out.

Gotta admit, most objections are selfish short term whining. Long term, I think I like where the devs are taking things.

Nouda
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
so far i dont like the graphics and the quests are boring and repetitive

also it ssays go back to rob for me after you kill 50 things but it should say fab

EDIT:
also when i click go to it needs to stop puting me in games where i need to kill 12 guys and there are only 8 left and they are all dead by the time i get there

Kooderna
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
The pink pm is very nice, thank you. To all the haters on the quests being lowbie and boring im a firm believer that you cant push the wagon, before you have wheels. The game is heading in the directions of a true MMO and im very happy with it. I mean people are going to be buying ipads just to DL thus game soon enough!

Ps: woukd like to still be able to see opponents health in pvp

Violentsaint
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
before:
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/76c38340.jpg

after:
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/53611d3e.jpg

im really sorry to start off on a negative note but i think my character looks hideous.... im really wishing i stuck to paladin now.... (anyone wanna gimme a thoth plasma?)

i havnt gotten around to playing the quests yet. ill let you know what i think of them. :)

Buddyf97
08-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I am upset about the alien blasters. Ryylox is just a black blob. Please improve the art. I was amazed at some of the weapons but I am very disappointed with the blasters

Justg
08-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for understanding that this is all low-level content and systems and framework for the larger game. We'd love some feedback on:

1) Magic Portals: the idea is to take you to either your next campaign level or quest target if you have one, are they working?
2) Artwork: To pull all this off, some changes had to be made but there are definitely some bugs and things that can be improved upon. What needs to be fixed?
3) Quests: What bugs exist, which ones do you love and which ones need love?
4) Townes: How do places flow from one to another? Do they add to the feel of the world?
5) World map: Does it make sense? Does it work the way you anticipate it to?

For those of you who are still bored, try this: Start a new character and go through the newbie quests, and then the quest content as it is presented to you. That is the experience that we have been focusing on. We'd love an experienced player's view on the entire newbie experience.

We will continue to build new townes and quests within the campaigns (Fathom Crypts is next), and still need to expand the top-end as well. In the meantime, for you 45s, rumor has it that there are some new pinks in AO2...

Violentsaint
08-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for understanding that this is all low-level content and systems and framework for the larger game. We'd love some feedback on:

1) Magic Portals: the idea is to take you to either your next campaign level or quest target if you have one, are they working?
2) Artwork: To pull all this off, some changes had to be made but there are definitely some bugs and things that can be improved upon. What needs to be fixed?
4) Townes: How do places flow from one to another? Do they add to the feel of the world?

For those of you who are still bored, try this: Start a new character and go through the newbie quests, and then the quest content as it is presented to you. That is the experience that we have been focusing on. We'd love an experienced player's view on the entire newbie experience.

We will continue to build new townes and quests within the campaigns (Fathom Crypts is next), and still need to expand the top-end as well. In the meantime, for you 45s, rumor has it that there are some new pinks in AO2...

new pinks!!! im still waiting on my ipad and i dont wanna start questing till i can do it on a big screen, so i will farm ao2 for the new pinks till my ipad arives!

also im trading thoth talon and ryloxx blaster for a plasma sword of thoth, pm me if intrested ;)

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned but the game filters are not working. I had it set to PVE and is was just showing towns.

Cascade
08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I beg of you tell us what the new pinks are! And which lvls?

goatycoady
08-05-2010, 10:12 PM
its ok..... everything looks wierd
1. the new graphice/looks of the towns/expidetions is awesome
2. plz take the boobs off my mage:)
3. i think mage should look like it used to..... not small head
and i love the organized inventory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
havnt gotten to stash yet but i hope it has auto organization also!!

QQQ
08-05-2010, 10:27 PM
boobs go to go

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I click to go in a quest, I click this go to button, and I end up in someone else's game. I started a new character to do this, you understand. And the games I get put into are high level people. Who are jerks. I get booted. These are newbie quests and these jerks are booting people.

This is a bad idea!!!!!!

This is totally uncool!

Happened three times on me already tonight.

Newbie quests should not be a bootfest for jerk players!!!!!

Cascade
08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
You shouldn't even be able to boot on a quest game.

FluffNStuff
08-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I beg of you tell us what the new pinks are! And which lvls?

Check the traders forum. You'll see one posted for a KK soon enough.

Snakespeare
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
You shouldn't even be able to boot on a quest game.

I love the quests. They are great.

But you devs should take level 1 characters into these dungeons. Bullies are booting if you don't give them money! This is not the first impression you want to make!

Futumsh
08-06-2010, 12:13 AM
The booting thing should be fixed in tomorrow's update - quest portals and the 'go to' button will no longer put you in instances with a host player, and newly created instances from these methods will not consider you the host.

Cascade
08-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Not to be pushy but is there a maybe date when you will add new quests?

Gavry
08-06-2010, 12:30 AM

Justg,

I just made a new warrior and played through from the start, all Bear quests, and then a few quests in. I LOVE the flow. The progression from learning the mechanics of the game to solving basic quests works like a treat.

I can see where you guys are taking the game and I love it. I can understand the 45's wanting the quest love too, but I know that is coming. From my point of view fantastic work. Keep it up.

On a side note, all hats in my opinion need some love. Some just a colour tweak, others new textures. As a first attempt I'm sure these will progress however.

Violentsaint
08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
love the new update devs, everythings sweet, i know everything will be polished up but great work, you guys are awsome!

check how badass my paladin looks now

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/0422a028.jpg

"damb i look good... i mean really good... hey everybody, come see how good i look" - ron burgundy

Prest87
08-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Great update devs but plz fix bugs in boss quests were u kill the boss but u don't beat quest. Love the quests through.

Snakespeare
08-06-2010, 01:33 AM
The booting thing should be fixed in tomorrow's update - quest portals and the 'go to' button will no longer put you in instances with a host player, and newly created instances from these methods will not consider you the host.

Thanks, yeah that is not the first impression you want to give at all.

jonboy
08-06-2010, 03:15 AM
So far pretty happy with the update.

Donut
08-06-2010, 03:33 AM
not sure if im the only one that isnt happy. but i really hate this update.
these new "enhancements" feel like huge step backwards.

the new graphics make the game look cheap and harder to differentiate things. my enchantress looks hideous as can be. i liked the slick look the character had with the black robes and hood. now they look like they are wearing tight black spandex, with a scary looking face and awful hat.

biggest complaint is that i shouldnt have to take up more time to do something i was able to do before.

one thing that just pissed me off to the point of just shutting down the iphone altogether was not being able to access my stashed items. wanted to trade between characters and could not.because it wanted my characters to do quests. low level quests at that.

also noticed that i cant play through any level of each dungeon anymore. its like it reset all i had done in most maps. which left me unable to join certain games, cause it said i had to play through each level because i hadnt unlocked it yet. even though i had gone through every map except the oasis maps.

another thing that threw me for a loop, was that it takes longer to join a game. i end up at the loading screen (that has the running knight in the center of the screen) for a long period of time and i cant even see the title screens, because ive been booted out of the game. dont know why im constantly getting kicked off by people. especially since i cant even see the level yet to see who im playing with.
before itd take a second or two and id then see the titles with the description, and then get into the game in no time. now i have to actually wait it out a bit to get in a game.
not to mention that i now have to go to the world map to choose which campaign i want to get into. seems like an extra step to see the old 'join game' screen.
add to the fact that the Return of Skeller Krunch dungeon is missing from this world map.
so i gotta do extra steps to go and spell it out to filter the list of games...
its like im having to go back and forth to get into a game, whereas before it was very straightforward and quick.

ill see if i can downgrade to the previous version of the game. since i still have the old version saved on iTunes, hopefully itll let me play the game without any nonsense. everything in this new update is just terrible. from the graphics to the length of time it takes to join a game, to annoyances like not being able to access my own stash.

is it possible for me to continue playing the game from this point on with the old client?
i dont care much for the quests, definitely dont like the new graphics, & the new interface is frustrating.

i would get more enjoyement playing the game like i was before. put all this time and money into it, itd be a shame to quit it altogether now.

Spiritualist
08-06-2010, 04:36 AM
I like some of the general stuff done but my biggest problem is the fact that I appear to have lost all my unlocks, which for an up and coming level is tough to deal with. For v1.4, let's not have the same again, please.

euromikeym
08-06-2010, 04:44 AM
What a HUGE disappointment!!!

I cant believe we we've waited all this time for this update. It feels like I've gone back to infant's school (thats kindergarten to you yanks).

Totally lost the edge. The graphics are bright and colourful but it looks like a Disney cartoon now.

It's the same old mobs. Same old bosses. Same old, same old!! Might be great for newbies but what are the veterans supposed to do? Go through it all again just because it has some story line to it, this time.

I am going to give it one more go. But I cant say I'm itching to pick it up and play, like I used to.

Padamax
08-06-2010, 04:58 AM
I love the update!

Pleas fix these quest bugs
-You cant kill Brom Dandy
-You cant kill Merk the Jerk
-You cant kill King of Love

Thanx Devs

Necrobane
08-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Well I liked it!......well most of it :)

Things I didn't like:

Quests should award xp because you have to go out of your way to return them and they only award a little money. They should be contributing to leveling. I understand that it kinda works out after finishing the beginning quests you reach level 2 but the forest haven and dark forest quests certainly should award xp.

Character customisability - I was really hoping that it would mean choosing male/female and features like hair, hair colour and skin colour.

Forest haven is just a touch too bright (bright is good for a starting zone and town but its a little too bright which gets annoying to look at)

Archer and Mage helmets( Need one more like warrior chainmails and one thats better looking, my suggestions would be a bandanna with eye slits for the avian and a hood with a mask for mages)

The towns should be linked

Level 45 characters should not have to redo the campaigns maby level 35+ shouldnt have to redo the yeti levels down and say level 40+shouldnt have to redo the AO1 levels down.

I thought that the sign-up idea would be like you sign up and then when there are 2+ people signed up they recieve a notation that the pvp game is ready and an enter button- this would be nice.

Some items such as wands look terrible now (like they're made of lego) possibly this is to reduce the size of the game or whatever but if just retextured than plz change back.

It may just be me but it looks like the devs changed the body of the enchantress(might just look like this with smaller hoods but they would look much better if the legs were higher and body shape was more rounded- I just mean less flat faces)

Things I like:

Love the quests, they were added smoothly to the game and are very newb friendly, plus they're fun and interesting for killing and talking quests. They also add immensely to the play time which is great.

Love the starting zones, simple but very affective and work well towards setting players up for the early levels ( forest haven can be A little hard for level ones that are on their own and dont know what kiting is)

The the secret dungeon.....pretty sure its sposed to be secret- the one in the ursan village thats unders a grate (was exciting and fun to find)

The new towns - very nice although a little deserted, I think it would be good if the towns became combined towns as in one towns lets players access 3 campaigns so that players would be seen in the town that is there level.

Forest haven - I think the new shape is good.

Thats all, I hope you take some changes into consideration but other wise I'm really happy about the update.

P:S Another secret room but with a very hard boss with a simple stradegy( maby powers up and does a nasty aoe that you have to run to the borders of the room or something) would be fantastic for level capped players. perhaps give the boss a chance of dropping all the rare pinks instead of just one or two like normal bosses but make sure its very hard (requires skilled players with good gear and correct group (healer, dps/healer, archer and 2 forms of tank)to complete) and by hard i dont mean one shots i mean loads of health and hard to out heal. It would be good if the boss had a respawn timer for the group like 45minutes so it couldnt be farmed....I think that this would be a very simple way of getting high level players interested.

P:SS I reckon the most simple idea Ive thought of (sorry if this the has been said) for getting players involved in PVP more is by having the same kills system as in PVE. By the same i mean same names as well BUT the name- Title shows above your characters name. The reason this could work is because it i much harder to get kills in PVP the PVE and although there would be boosters (people killing a friend over and over) The cap for a PVP game is 10 kills so this wouldn't improve how hard it is to get a good title.

LOL! all done :)

P:SS

Banned
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k111/blahman0/9f0b6229.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k111/blahman0/5a730855.jpg

Is there any hope of it going back to the old artwork, or have you guys made a definitive decision to keep it this way?

bmc85uk
08-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Were wands made slightly chunkier or just re-textured?

To avoid discontent until more customisation is added, could it be an option for each character to hide headwear? That way people could still keep it if they wanted.

smokester
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
the damage/speed on the weapons now... it better be a bug because its ridiculous because dexbears dont stand a chance against mages and so hard to kill using a dexbear

Kalielle
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm going to add my 2 cents, since I had a level one character ready and waiting for this update to jump into the world. :D I started from the beginning to experience the game the way a new player would, and I think the new quests and intro story are a great idea! I remember back when I played the game for the very first time it was a little difficult to get into it at first. There was just the bleak looking forest haven and some zombies, with no real story or anything; just felt lonely until for the first few levels until others joined in. I think the new intro/tutorial is very well done and perfect for getting new players past those first few crucial minutes in the life of any iTunes game, when an impatient user might just delete the app. I love how easy the level is - great for people with no gaming experience. And putting a trader in there is genius, to immediately give players something to spend gold on and get them hooked. I have to admit even I gave in and bought a level 2 cloak! :o Then I stayed up until 1:30 doing "just one more quest"... I'd say a quest system that can get me hookeed on playing Forest Haven (!!) on a level <10 character until way too late at night is a good one.

Now for some things I'd like to see changed:
I would really like to see the 3(?) simultaneous quest limit removed. In all rpg's, a lot of the fun for me is just walking around exploring aimlessly and picking up whatever quests come my way. Sure the quest log is a mess by the time I'm half an hour in, but that's the whole point of the game. Having to remember who assigns a quest and come back to and manage quests so that you take them on in the right order feels more like work than play. For new players I think it would be even more confusing to figure out which quests are the right ones to take next and remember all the locations - so if you added the quest limit to keep it simple for new players, I don't think it works.

Even worse, parties get split up mid-game because players' quests logs get full. I've had this happen on one of the first games I played. There I was just doing the quests with my level 7 when a lev 45 whom I know happens to join (lucky!). Another minute and a lev 9 joins who seems nice. Sweet, we have a team. So we're just going around casually killing things, talking, collecting skeleton eyeballs and whatnots and then just as we're about to enter the boss room and finish the level I talk to Daria the NPC and I get this strange and unhelpful message for the first time, saying that my quest log is full. (First reaction: well great, now what am I even supposed to do about that?) Lev 45 says her log is also full so cya, she's got to go. Don't even know where the third player went.

This is not good. PL is all about finding a random cool group to play with, and we all know how difficult it can be to do that when you're new. It's just terrible to see a group split because someone has to go to town to talk to Zahra about eyeballs. The game should be doing everything to keep groups together, not separate them. Please consider removing the quest limit. It adds a lot of frustration and I can't see that it brings any benefits whatsoever.

Finally, some minor interface issues:
The Game Menu and arrow on the upper left that takes you to the login screen looked to me like they're part of the same button - perhaps because in other software I must have encountered buttons that have an arrow and text label next to the arrow. I tapped on the arrow about 3 times wondering why the login screen is now called Game Menu, before realizing that the Game Menu button is, well, a button. I think another issue is that the arrow is raised but the Game Menu button isn't. The main menu buttons on the right are also inconsistent: Enter World is raised but the rest aren't. It makes you wonder for a second what's a button and what isn't.

Another small issue: I tap to move instead of using the joystick (on my iPad), and when I tap on an NPC that's a reasonable distance away I'd expect the game to move me in that direction. But instead I get the Too Far to Interact message. Or sometimes I'd tap too close to the NPC trying to move closer, and again, Too Far to Interact. I swear I must have seen it at least 50 times in the past couple of hours. :D Too Far to Interact, Too Far to Interact, Too Far to Interact... Gets old after a very short time! :)

I'll try not to get into the hats/graphics issue because it's all been said already. I think mages have been hit the hardest and I tried hard not to be very sad last night when I saw how my mage now looks. I'm so sorry I didn't think to take a screenshot of what she used to be like; at least then I'd have the memory... Anyway, I understand it's a first attempt and I'm sure it's going to get a lot better. But in the meantime, I'll cast my vote in the "I'd like to see the previous look rolled back for now" pile.

OK, hope this was not too short for a first post. :D I'm off to play some more and I'll add stuff as I think of it.

---
Kalielle, lev 45 dex mage | Kaley, lev 45 bear tank | Kalbird, archer, getting to 45 soon :D

Jacus
08-06-2010, 11:25 AM
It is amazing thank you

asommers
08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Thread closed.

Feedback should continue here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5250-1.3-Content-Update-(49425)

-ALS