PDA

View Full Version : Noob failed!!!!

LwMark
03-04-2012, 09:23 AM
So i was lvling up my char in skeleton crypts with a friend we need to numerous runs to get to lvl 10..wel my last run some one joined an imediately got behind us an got a funke meat masher i was like r u kiddin lol
Well...
I noticed he had no idea what was goin on so i said il buy from you
He said how
I said follow me..
I brought him to FH stash
And were standin there an i tried telling him how to trade with me he finallyt got it!
Then i said click on the item
He goes...
..i already sold it..
..WTH! lol

I said why!
He said "i needed gold"

then i said i was guna giv u 2000

So in the end we both lost
Total fail!!!!

Elyseon
03-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Lol how it always happens, saw a noob get a 15 alchemists recipe one day after hours of farming.

Late
03-04-2012, 11:35 AM
That y I lock the games :)

Elyseon
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
That doesnt increase your chances any

Rare
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Lol. the jealousy

Elyseon
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM

Lol. the jealousy

Lol as long as its a noob you can usually get it cheap, like back at the 56 cap i farmed 51, some noob got the ff sword which at the time ran over 1 mil if you were lucky enough to find one, bought it off the for 500k

JaytB
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I would've told him the real value and showed him how to sell it on cs, insead of trying to profit off him. But that's probably just me :)

Rittik
03-04-2012, 12:47 PM
I would've told him the real value and showed him how to sell it on cs, insead of trying to profit off him. But that's probably just me :)

Nah i would have done the same too ;)

~Rik(Rittik)

Elyseon
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Idk 500k is only like half off, im sure the most he had ever seen, if he still plays even, and it was instant cash.

Martin Tander
03-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Yea i wouldev told him its value and how to post it aswell... and not bragged about...oh i wouldev gave him 2000 i mean cmon u were a noob aswell and in my book thts scamming

Conradin
03-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Im not gunn lie ive taken advantage of players with no clue of prices before, but nowadays i try and help and i might still offer 2k for the meatmasher, but also tell them its worth and how to use te cs.

XchilangopwnX
03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I was there :p I thought about instantly offering 50k for it. I assumed it must have been a twink since he said "O.o pink drop" but I said nah. Lol then when lwm told me what the dude did I was like...aww he will forever regret that xD

dudetus
03-04-2012, 01:28 PM

Ty.

Seriously making a thread about how nooby a guy was when he didn't sell u Meatmasher for 2k is not that funny and I personally think it is scamming to try to profit from a clueless beginner. The game is about fun, not about gold.

Fyrce
03-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Actually, a lot of times, you can tell them the true value and how to get it and still get the item sold to you for 30-50% off. I always tell them I'm a reseller and I can't pay market value. And I tell them how to get market value.

There are people who just want the gold right there and/or do not want to deal with the CS. It's not wrong; it's how they play the game. It works that way in real life as well. Not everyone wants to run their own store.

Late
03-04-2012, 02:14 PM
That doesnt increase your chances any
I won't have to live (omg I can't believe I lost a pink)

LwMark
03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Everythin happoened so quick lol then he loggd out i have him as friend.
I wasnt tryin to b funny.
So your saying this is a scam?
Wen theres Maces that r puchased from sawmps in cs for 75k+
Or people selling GH.
Items r only worth what people will pay an he agreed to 2000
Not a scam

13lacklegionz
03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Everythin happoened so quick lol then he loggd out i have him as friend.
I wasnt tryin to b funny.
So your saying this is a scam?
Wen theres Maces that r puchased from sawmps in cs for 75k+
Or people selling GH.
Items r only worth what people will pay an he agreed to 2000
Not a scam

The person is only saying is that "taking advantage of" and "profiting off" people goes against the person's morals, whoever the person(s) may be.

In this situation, there is an obvious difference in views and of the definition of 'taking advantage of', or 'scamming' people.

An example in real life: A boy finds a cool baseball card. He goes to a collectors store and the store owner says that he will buy it for $20. The boy agrees, but finds out later that the owner is selling the card for $5,000.

Owner's view: I told the boy how much I'd buy it for, and he agreed.
Boy's view: The owner knew how much it could potentially cost, but he deliberately gave me a very low price, as he knew that I was unexperienced with collector's items.

Piosidon
03-04-2012, 05:13 PM
The person is only saying is that "taking advantage of" and "profiting off" people goes against the person's morals, whoever the person(s) may be.

In this situation, there is an obvious difference in views and of the definition of 'taking advantage of', or 'scamming' people.

An example in real life: A boy finds a cool baseball card. He goes to a collectors store and the store owner says that he will buy it for $20. The boy agrees, but finds out later that the owner is selling the card for $5,000.

Owner's view: I told the boy how much I'd buy it for, and he agreed.
Boy's view: The owner knew how much it could potentially cost, but he deliberately gave me a very low price, as he knew

that I was unexperienced with collector's items.
This reminds me of a book called Swindle I once read

ninjaduck
03-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Ty.

Seriously making a thread about how nooby a guy was when he didn't sell u Meatmasher for 2k is not that funny and I personally think it is scamming to try to profit from a clueless beginner. The game is about fun, not about gold.

Couldnt have put it better myself!

13lacklegionz
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
This reminds me of a book called Swindle I once read

I based it off that. :D

Walkhardd
03-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Its pretty weak you tried to buy it off him for 2k. If he liquidated it, you could of told him how to get it back. He could of sold for 50k, and had a good start to his pl career.

Twinklaser
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
The Noob shohld have said"Trollolol" :)

13lacklegionz
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Its pretty weak you tried to buy it off him for 2k. If he liquidated it, you could of told him how to get it back. He could of sold for 50k, and had a good start to his pl career.

He might have been unable to re-acquire the Meat Masher of doom (scary) because he may have exited the level.

Rare
03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I won't have to live (omg I can't believe I lost a pink)

You don't lose a pink because someone else gets one. That's what he's saying

Sryyoulose
03-04-2012, 10:02 PM
You know how doom bows used to be 300k... Some noob got one and I said that's worth a LOT! He said really? I said yeah 300,000 he said will you buy it I said sure! ... Go to cs to sell awww crap it's 110k oh well made some noob really rich XD

razerfingers
03-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I traded some FH whites too a noob for a expert lvl 5 recipe that dropped lol i felt bad after

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Elyseon
03-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Considering the noob liquidated it, i dont think it was a scam

LwMark
03-05-2012, 02:13 AM
LOL

StompArtist
03-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Actually, a lot of times, you can tell them the true value and how to get it and still get the item sold to you for 30-50% off. I always tell them I'm a reseller and I can't pay market value. And I tell them how to get market value.

There are people who just want the gold right there and/or do not want to deal with the CS. It's not wrong; it's how they play the game. It works that way in real life as well. Not everyone wants to run their own store.

Absolutely correct. For example, I do not like to deal with the CS because I forget to collect my sales so I will look up a price on CS (for a rough idea of value) and sell it 20% off to the first person who want the item... Faster and easier. Not everyone enjoys merchandising and pink peddling.

JaytB
03-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Absolutely correct. For example, I do not like to deal with the CS because I forget to collect my sales so I will look up a price on CS (for a rough idea of value) and sell it 20% off to the first person who want the item... Faster and easier. Not everyone enjoys merchandising and pink peddling.

20% off 50k= 40k. I bet he would've been happy with that. 2k is about 4% of 50k, I fail to understand how this is fair for a player who apparently doesn't understand prices. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less, I just don't think it's fair however you look at it.

Walkhardd
03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
LOL

I think its funny you have a lvl 10 toon named "lwhelp".

dudetus
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I think its funny you have a lvl 10 toon named "lwhelp".

Oh the irony :D!

"Lwhelper ~ Helping noobs to get rid of their valuables so they won't be corrupted by money!"

LwMark
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Lwhelp oh Hes a great helper! And for the record buddy got his meat mash uses it on his lvl 10 bird. And he wasnt a noob. He was kiddin i guess

So when you say hey can i buy "blank"
And someone says "offer"
And i say 2000g
An they say ok
Is that a scam?
Or just a good deal?
If the item is in cs say 100k+
Not knoing of there noob or not

Suentous PO
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
If you even suspected it was a new player it would have been more helpfull to tell them what's its worth in cs & how to get that. If after hearing that they still decided to sell it to you for a fraction of that, then now you have a good deal. Witholding the information is what does not seem the least helpful. What if it was a new player who begins to read forums later and reads this post? I'm not sayin you scammed tho- it could be handled more altruistically.

nomad187
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
You didn't scam. But taking advantage of what you percieved as a persons lack of knowledge is low. I'd say that is not what the AOA program is about. A new player will trust you more because you are there to supposedly help them.

Urqui
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Moral of the story: always carry money with you