PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys....wand vs staff (pure int Mage lvl 57)

Superdexme
03-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Help me out guys !! The armor is good with wand but how much skills damage am I missing out on?? Help me

saool
03-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I'd probably do wands. Yes the damage is lower but your hit% is higher and besides you have better armor which means you can heal longer ;)
I only use staffs when I know the group or when I'm farming. That way I can go all crazy with my nuking! lol

Thedexfalcon
03-08-2012, 02:10 AM
I would chose the wand because you have more survivability and you can kill fast. Staff is good but you just die too often ad like what saool said, only use a staff when you have a known group.

crestmage
03-28-2012, 06:45 AM
# QUOTE: ME! # it's a dumb idea to go PVE-ing with a staff, no offense. When u do AOE's in dungeons, basically ur tanking the whole lot of mobs( mages are awesome "unintentional" tankers). you'll need a wand n shield, or in this case for pure INT, bracer, to survive. Staffs are more reserved towards PVP-ing, altho it may have aoe attcks.

EDIT: #mages are awesome "unintentional" tankers# ex: heal (holds aggro for pretty decent amount of time, "taunt" equivalent), firestorm, icestorm, lightning(doesn't hold aggro for long tho. minor aggro skill), buffs (decent aggro), debuffs