PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Boss Battles Final Results!

Airrie
03-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Legendary Boss Battles

In the last fight we witnessed Thyra Zael go head to head against Count Vlod.
You spoke, we tallied, and in a competition first...
*drumroll*

A TIE!

Battle 1: Magic Molem VS Gurgox the Great (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?48852-Legendary-Boss-Battles-Magic-Golem-VS-Gurgox-The-Great)
Battle 2: King of Bling VS Vinny Taur (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?49498-Legendary-Boss-Battles-King-of-Bling-VS-Vinny-Taur)
Battle 3: Red Beard McGrieg VS Count Vlod (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50114-Legendary-Boss-Battles-Red-Beard-McGrieg-VS-Count-Vlod)
Battle 4: Guardian VS Droid (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50694-Legendary-Boss-Battles-Guardian-VS-Droid)
Battle 5: Thyra Zael VS Galactic Overlord (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51228-Legendary-Boss-Battles-Thyra-Zael-VS-Galactic-Overlord)

Fuzzyslips
03-05-2012, 09:50 PM
A tie!?!? So how does a tie workout?

Commanderkeen
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I can't believe its a tie, so does this mean a sudden death round?

Rittik
03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Dang Tie!!!!!

~Rik(Rittik)

harm
03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
no !! i won!!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Commanderkeen
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
no !! i won!!

Lol

RaptorBlitz
03-06-2012, 03:20 AM
YES!! I tied the votes with 11-11! Mwahaahaha!

Anishavie
03-06-2012, 04:15 AM
We should use logic to decide the final winners

The winner is. Thyra

Seriously Thyra would win according to logic

harm
03-06-2012, 04:35 AM
so i can kill thyra then the winner is me

Taipan
03-06-2012, 05:54 AM
what happens now? lol

ArtStar
03-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Lol i was pulling for zael

Cahaun
03-06-2012, 06:10 AM
*ahem*
*points finger at Overlord* His votes were rigged! :p

Cahaun
03-06-2012, 06:55 AM
YES!! I tied the votes with 11-11! Mwahaahaha!
Whhhhhhhhhy!?! Rawwwr! :mad:

RaptorBlitz
03-06-2012, 07:02 AM

The winner is. Thyra

Thyra would win according to logic if logic consisted of whichever party had the best visual effects.

First of all, health in SL is lower than in PL. Logically, bosses in SL will follow this trend, to help give players more of a fighting chance. Thus, we have already logically established that the Count has more health than Thyra.

Secondly, armour in PL is more effective than in SL. A maxed engineer's Protection skill will give you a, what? One point in damage reduction? Not too much. I believe the armour required to stop one point of damage in PL is closer to 14-15. We have now established that the Count's armour is 4x more effective than Thyra's.

Last of all, weapons in PL do more damage than in SL. This is of course to balance the reduced health. Those iron daggers of the Count are infused with DL 1337 Enchantment of Awesomeness.

Not to mention the lvl cap in SL is lower than in PL. So the Count will have more attribute points and skill points :p

So the Count has Rage, Iron Blood and Restore all rolled into one, while what does poor lil' Thyra have? Dashingly ugly looks?

Result? Weird as it may sound, but the Count's daggers will shear through Thyra's armour like a knife through hot butter and Thyra's high tech intergalactic tech will bounce off the Count's simple chain mail. Whack? Yep, but logical? According to game values, yes.

Now THAT, my friends, is logic.

Taipan
03-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Thyra would win according to logic if logic consisted of whichever party had the best visual effects.

First of all, health in SL is lower than in PL. Logically, bosses in SL will follow this trend, to help give players more of a fighting chance. Thus, we have already logically established that the Count has more health than Thyra.
That doesn't seem to smart to me lol
Secondly, armour in PL is more effective than in SL. A maxed engineer's Protection skill will give you a, what? One point in damage reduction? Not too much. I believe the armour required to stop one point of damage in PL is closer to 14-15. We have now established that the Count's armour is 4x more effective than Thyra's.

Last of all, weapons in PL do more damage than in SL. This is of course to balance the reduced health. Those iron daggers of the Count are infused with DL 1337 Enchantment of Awesomeness.
I thought u were trying to be logical...
Not to mention the lvl cap in SL is lower than in PL. So the Count will have more attribute points and skill points :p
As Delphina has said, level is not a factor therefore making what u just said nonsense :p
So the Count has Rage, Iron Blood and Restore all rolled into one, while what does poor lil' Thyra have? Dashingly ugly looks?
WHAT DOES SHE HAVE?!?!?!?! SHE WILL MIND CONTROL HIM!!!!

Result? Weird as it may sound, but the Count's daggers will shear through Thyra's armour like a knife through hot butter and Thyra's high tech intergalactic tech will bounce off the Count's simple chain mail. Whack? Yep, but logical? According to game values, yes.
I thought u were trying to make sense... Apparently iron swords go through 41st Century Armor?

:tyrannosaurus:Now:tyrannosaurus:THAT,:tyrannosaur us:my:tyrannosaurus:friends,:tyrannosaurus:is:gori lla:logic.:tyrannosaurus:
Here are My opinions to what u just said

Cahaun
03-06-2012, 07:35 AM

The winner is. Thyra

[1]First of all, health in SL is lower than in PL. Logically, bosses in SL will follow this trend, to help give players more of a fighting chance. Thus, we have already logically established that the Count has more health than Thyra.

[2]Secondly, armour in PL is more effective than in SL. A maxed engineer's Protection skill will give you a, what? One point in damage reduction? Not too much. I believe the armour required to stop one point of damage in PL is closer to 14-15. We have now established that the Count's armour is 4x more effective than Thyra's.

[3]Last of all, weapons in PL do more damage than in SL. This is of course to balance the reduced health. Those iron daggers of the Count are infused with DL 1337 Enchantment of Awesomeness.

[4]Not to mention the lvl cap in SL is lower than in PL. So the Count will have more attribute points and skill points :p

[5]So the Count has Rage, Iron Blood and Restore all rolled into one, while what does poor lil' Thyra have? Dashingly ugly looks?

[6]Result? Weird as it may sound, but the Count's daggers will shear through Thyra's armour like a knife through hot butter and Thyra's high tech intergalactic tech will bounce off the Count's simple chain mail. Whack? Yep, but logical? According to game values, yes.

[1] The SL bosses don't always follow this trend. Thyra is one of those bosses. She has an insane amount of health.

[2] People get the thinking that because the armor in SL takes so much to reduce damage taken, PL has better armor. But... it takes so much armor in SL because it's protecting them from lasers! Kinetic energy, focused and amplified light; 1 point of SL armor will be as effective as 1 point of PL, but in which game it is in determines how effective!

[3] The SL armor balances it off. PL has damage while SL has extreme armor.

[4] Level is not a factor

[5] Thyra has mind control, ranged attacks, drain skills, vortexes, and a pretty damaging punch.

[6] That paragraph sounded really illogical

RaptorBlitz
03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
[1] The SL bosses don't always follow this trend. Thyra is one of those bosses. She has an insane amount of health.

[2] People get the thinking that because the armor in SL takes so much to reduce damage taken, PL has better armor. But... it takes so much armor in SL because it's protecting them from lasers! Kinetic energy, focused and amplified light; 1 point of SL armor will be as effective as 1 point of PL, but in which game it is in determines how effective!

[3] The SL armor balances it off. PL has damage while SL has extreme armor.

[4] Level is not a factor

[5] Thyra has mind control, ranged attacks, drain skills, vortexes, and a pretty damaging punch.

[6] That paragraph sounded really illogical

[1] Mmm. I guess that equals health out.

[2] Space blasters and amplified light guns haven't been invented yet so for all we know they could be as effective as a blunt pencil. It doesn't take much to stop a blunt pencil. For all we know lvl 35 pink weapons in SL could be as damaging as a butter knife, but we don't notice because of the low armour and much lower health.

[3] Refer to above argument

[4] That was more of a lol argument, since nobody knows if bosses even get attribute and skill points, but I'll give you that.

[5] People have soloed Thyra, so it can't be all that hard for a boss to overcome those skills. The Count still also has Rage and Iron Blood.

[6] Refer to argument no. 3

Upon further thought, I realized it is pointless trying to decide a winner with logic. It all depends on what values you give Thyra's armour and weaponry, since they are imaginary and can either be as damaging as a nuke or pointless as a waterproof towel. And since there were equal votes, it looks like 11 people will give Thyra's crap superdroid power and 11 will give Thyra something resembling the atomic power of a PB and Jelly sandwich.

Therefore....

The Count wins because the Vampire Nation is rising... :p

Ardon
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Lmao only 22 people voted?

Anishavie
03-07-2012, 03:54 AM

Now that my friends is fantasy and statwise thinking

THIS AIN'T NO LOGIC
WHO WOULD WIN IF THIS WAS REAL HUH
DO U THINK THOSE VLOD SWORDS(iron sword) COULD PENETRATE DIAMOND
IF IT CAN'T EVEN PENETRATE DIAMOND THEN HOW CAN IT PENETRATE 41st CENTURY HIGH TECH ARMOR
WHICH ACCORDING TO "LOGIC" IS HARDER THAN DIAMOND

Y U BRING DL IN THIS CONVERSATION
WHAT KINDA LOGIC IS THAT

OH REALLY
EVEN MODERN PISTOLS CAN PENETRATE CHAIN MAIL AND U SAY
WEAPONS FROM 2000 YEARS IN THE FUTURE CAN'T
LIKE THAT'S LOGIC

Anishavie
03-07-2012, 04:00 AM
[1] Mmm. I guess that equals health out.

[2] Space blasters and amplified light guns haven't been invented yet so for all we know they could be as effective as a blunt pencil. It doesn't take much to stop a blunt pencil. For all we know lvl 35 pink weapons in SL could be as damaging as a butter knife, but we don't notice because of the low armour and much lower health.

[3] Refer to above argument

[4] That was more of a lol argument, since nobody knows if bosses even get attribute and skill points, but I'll give you that.

[5] People have soloed Thyra, so it can't be all that hard for a boss to overcome those skills. The Count still also has Rage and Iron Blood.

[6] Refer to argument no. 3

Upon further thought, I realized it is pointless trying to decide a winner with logic. It all depends on what values you give Thyra's armour and weaponry, since they are imaginary and can either be as damaging as a nuke or pointless as a waterproof towel. And since there were equal votes, it looks like 11 people will give Thyra's crap superdroid power and 11 will give Thyra something resembling the atomic power of a PB and Jelly sandwich.

Therefore....

The Count wins because the Vampire Nation is rising... :p

U are saying THAT LASERS ARE AS STRONG AS A BUTTERKNIFE
FYI LASERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN INVENTED JUST NO USED AS A GUN
BUT IT HAS BEEN USED AS A WEAPON

WHO HERE THINKS LASERS ARE AS STRONG AS A BUTTERKNIFE

TELL ME NOW

AND OF COURSE UR GONNA KILL THYRA AT SOME POINT IN TIME
WHEN U ARE TRYING TO SOLO HER
SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO BEING WEAK
ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLETO SOLO PL BOSSES

Y U GUYS FREAKIN TAKING SIDES

LOGICALLY STUFF FROM THE FUTURE BEATS STUFF FROM THE PAST

I DARE U TO SAY THAT SWORDS CAN BEAT MACHINE GUNS
I DARE U

I DARE U TO SAY THAT MIDEVIL KNIGHTS CAN BEAT MODERN SOLDIERS

RaptorBlitz
03-07-2012, 04:50 AM
U are saying THAT LASERS ARE AS STRONG AS A BUTTERKNIFE
FYI LASERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN INVENTED JUST NO USED AS A GUN
BUT IT HAS BEEN USED AS A WEAPON

WHO HERE THINKS LASERS ARE AS STRONG AS A BUTTERKNIFE

TELL ME NOW

AND OF COURSE UR GONNA KILL THYRA AT SOME POINT IN TIME
WHEN U ARE TRYING TO SOLO HER
SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO BEING WEAK
ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLETO SOLO PL BOSSES

Y U GUYS FREAKIN TAKING SIDES

LOGICALLY STUFF FROM THE FUTURE BEATS STUFF FROM THE PAST

I DARE U TO SAY THAT SWORDS CAN BEAT MACHINE GUNS
I DARE U

I DARE U TO SAY THAT MIDEVIL KNIGHTS CAN BEAT MODERN SOLDIERS

So cliché, but...

UMADBRO?? You know ALL CAPS RAGE doesn't make me more inclined to agree with you, right?

You know, I realized I included both realism and in- game values standpoints in my arguments and I seem to have messed them up. Let me clarify.

Realism standpoint: (if the Count and Thyra fought with real life logic)

I'm not talking about the present. Of course present day soldiers will destroy medieval knights. You've missed my point entirely. What I meant to say was that the future hasn't been invented yet and unless you're from the year 3000, can confirm laser blasters are being manufactured and the AK-3000 is the terrorist weapon of choice, we have absolutely no idea what the heck is going to happen in the next millennia or so.
Of course lasers exist. But they don't exist in gun form, as you said, like they do in SL. Hence, we don't know how effective lasers would be in gun form, or if it would even be possible. So it is a possibility that a laser gun would be as effective as a butter knife. That's what I meant. That's if you're looking at a realism standpoint.

In- game standpoint: (if Thyra and the Count fought in- game)

If you're looking at values in-game, they led me to believe that the Count could indeed trump Thyra eg: higher damage from weapons in PL, less effective armour in SL, led me to believe that the Count has a fighting chance against Thyra. I'm looking at the in- game values to help determine my conclusion in this instance, to help logically find out what would happen if Thyra and the Count fought. Seeing as armour in SL is weaker and weapons in PL deal more damage, I found the Count would win in a straight up fight. Substance > flashy skills.

I think I was going with in- game value logic until I rebutted Cahaun's argument about armour. Then that's where I brought a realism standpoint into this.

I've got a pretty eccentric way of thinking of things sometimes, you'll just have to excuse that :p

Taipan
03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
So cliché, but...

UMADBRO?? You know ALL CAPS RAGE doesn't make me more inclined to agree with you, right?

You know, I realized I included both realism and in- game values standpoints in my arguments and I seem to have messed them up. Let me clarify.

Realism standpoint: (if the Count and Thyra fought with real life logic)

I'm not talking about the present. Of course present day soldiers will destroy medieval knights. You've missed my point entirely. What I meant to say was that the future hasn't been invented yet and unless you're from the year 3000, can confirm laser blasters are being manufactured and the AK-3000 is the terrorist weapon of choice, we have absolutely no idea what the heck is going to happen in the next millennia or so.
Of course lasers exist. But they don't exist in gun form, as you said, like they do in SL. Hence, we don't know how effective lasers would be in gun form, or if it would even be possible. So it is a possibility that a laser gun would be as effective as a butter knife. That's what I meant. That's if you're looking at a realism standpoint.

In- game standpoint: (if Thyra and the Count fought in- game)

If you're looking at values in-game, they led me to believe that the Count could indeed trump Thyra eg: higher damage from weapons in PL, less effective armour in SL, led me to believe that the Count has a fighting chance against Thyra. I'm looking at the in- game values to help determine my conclusion in this instance, to help logically find out what would happen if Thyra and the Count fought. Seeing as armour in SL is weaker and weapons in PL deal more damage, I found the Count would win in a straight up fight. Substance > flashy skills.

I think I was going with in- game value logic until I rebutted Cahaun's argument about armour. Then that's where I brought a realism standpoint into this.

I've got a pretty eccentric way of thinking of things sometimes, you'll just have to excuse that :p
You aren't making any sense now...
And its stupid to have arguments like this over a GAME

RaptorBlitz
03-08-2012, 01:39 AM
You aren't making any sense now...
And its stupid to have arguments like this over a GAME

Yeah, I realized I probably didn't make any sense in my last post to most of y'all. :p It's one of those things you can't explain. I know it's stupid to have an argument like this on a game, but I didn't ask for this to balloon into a cluster of crap.