PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Bot?

zeusabe
03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Hello,

I'd like to know if PL has been infiltrated by bot programs. There is this one particular mage that really made me consider this possibility. I've ran with this mage for many hours and below are my observations:

1. He walks on same pattern over and over...from beginning to end of boss...the pattern is too perfect
2. When he dies, he will always respawn at the beginning...even after a rev (probably bad bot programming...?)
3. On some occasions when I know everyone in the party, I will ask all of them to stop walking...this mage also stops walking BUT he never stops casting spells...at one point, we all just decided to chit chat for a minute or two, this mage was just there casting spells non-stop...
4. The mage doesn't vary his spell order...at all...I've been watching this player for weeks now ('cuz for some reason, he keeps joining my game). I've ran with all types of mages, and all of them change their spell order at one point depending on the situation...this mage doesn't.
5. He always wakes up Vamp and dies...always. We told him not to, no reply, he just goes out there guns blazing with same combo pattern, dies, respawns at beginning and runs back to the group casting spells non-stop (I could see him coming from afar casting spells...)
6. He's not really the "rambo" mage, 'cuz he's always behind the group, he's just very robotic with his movements and some very obvious and persistent mistakes...it's like, if this guy wasn't a bot, he probably has the lowest player IQ I've seen in this game...he dies on same spots (wakes up vamp and dies 100% of the time in more than hundred runs probably...)

So, I'm not sure if this player is really that bad or if it's a bot? Please address this, I didn't mute him and I stopped booting him 'cuz he's starting to become an entertainement to us LOL (half of the time, he joins our guild runs...). Thank you.

Mageprodigy
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
I dont think so... But idk :/ good observations though

dugantale
03-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Ppl can bot this game?? Wow

Crunchee
03-06-2012, 08:15 AM
That player probably used an iphone/ipod/smartphone emulator in his computer and set the pattern of using skills and joining games :) You'd better email sts and tell the devs about the details, as I'm not sure whether this is against the tos or not. I've met a mage with a name starts with the letter M in Plasma Pyramid doing exactly the same thing before.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/1331040203-picsay.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/1331040176-picsay.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/1331040147-picsay.jpg

Econodeath
03-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Thats just sick!!!
And to use a mage for it is even worse!!
Destroy all Bots

adidaman
03-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Automated Response Generated By Forum Bot (v.1012)----------------------

There are no STS bots. Please resume normal activities.

Crunchee
03-06-2012, 08:32 AM

Thanks! You made me laugh!

dugantale
03-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Lolz

Conradin
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Email a dev with this info and the botters name.

Elyseon
03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Wierd o_O

PersianLord
03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
That player probably used an iphone/ipod/smartphone emulator in his computer and set the pattern of using skills and joining games :) You'd better email sts and tell the devs about the details, as I'm not sure whether this is against the tos or not. I've met a mage with a name starts with the letter M in Plasma Pyramid doing exactly the same thing before.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/1331040203-picsay.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/1331040176-picsay.jpg
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/1331040147-picsay.jpg

I dont think people can do this ! Most of MMO games have these bots maybe STS start to using bots ...

Riccits
03-06-2012, 10:46 AM
we already had a bot wich rmked catacombs all the time and killed a few mobs there.
he did always the same scheme, he got like 90k kills with that..

devs ignored us a few days until they banned him...

Taipan
03-06-2012, 10:46 AM
What a good way to level up lol

drewcapu
03-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I can imagine any bot is possible. An emulator isn't necessary since you can play PL/SL via chrome.

The one part that has me wondering is how his toon can stop walking when everybody else stops walking.

zeusabe, does he always join you? Or are there others in your guild that he joins?
Also, instead of everybody stopping, try just you stopping and everybody else continues and see if he follows them.
I'm wondering if he's somehow botting a way to follow you specifically.

I suppose someone could make a bot that follows a group's movement, but I'm sure it would be a bit complicated.

Bilaxman
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I would send a support email to: support@spacetimesudios.com
They should be able to sort things out. :)

Elyseon
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I wanna watch lol

Nick41324
03-06-2012, 12:58 PM

You would be surprised..

I am not a botter, heck.. i can barely figure out how to turn on my computer, but I know a few people that had successfully made a bot to do runs/remake.

Gracious
03-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Bots aren't difficult to make, but to have made one to follow group movement is quite impressive imo. Saying that though, if he can make the bot follow group movements, then most he likely could have made it time its spell cast very timely as well. Whether its a bot idk. As for his intentions if it is a bot, i would assume more so that its farming for gold rather than leveling. Either way, if you feel that it is a bot, i recommend you read up the STS TOS to see if there is anything against these type of 3rd party programs and report in detail of the possible infraction. If you cant find anything stated in the STS TOS regarding the use of bots, maybe you can label it along the lines of ruining your gaming experience through an unfair advantage.

Edit
In the case that STS is accepting to this, then, there is no other way around it but to accept it and move on.

Edit..again...
You should find a way to censor the name of the accused for obvious reasons or remove the picture completely.

Chickenrunnn
03-06-2012, 01:22 PM
LmaooOoOoOo sounds so funny :D i didn't even know it was possible to create a bot xD.. Lmao those guys who make them are ingeneers or what :D

I've a question tho.. Was this "bot" answering when u were speaking to him? If bots really exist, it those guys could make PvP one with best stats, impossible to kill, a CS farmer or things like that O.o!

That's funny LoL :D But that's bad tho x( brakes the gameplay fun :)... If i see one I'll tell ya lol..

Robot Chicken Says You Good Bye, Have A Nice Day And Don't Be Rude Or Something! THX!

________________________________O O
_______________________________ |__|
_______________________________ /\_/\
_______________________________/____\
___________________________[=[]-O..O-[]=]
______________________________|_\__/_|
_______________________________\____/
_________________________________| |
_________________________________| |_____
________________/\/\/\/\/\____|____________|
________________|_______|___|__________|_|
________________|___________ _________ _| |
____________________________|__________| |
____________________________|__________| |______
____________________________|__________|________|
____________________________|___________\/\/\/\/\/
____________________________|__________|
____________________________|____/ \____|
____________________________|____| |____|
______________________ _____|____| |____|_____
_____________________/___________| |__________\

NECROREAPER
03-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Zeu, what happens when you boot him?

Taipan
03-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Now im not sure how these work, but i think people use lag switches (or something similar) way more than bots.

I was just in a PvP match earlier today and there was a person far away from me that said "FFA!" and then stood still for a few seconds, he then hopped to our side of the map and killed my whole team within a matter of milliseconds. We were all pretty amazed and saying "WTH..." so it wasn't just me. He continued jumping all over the map killing all us. (L30-35 pvp)

Lmao

Chickenrunnn
03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Now im not sure how these work, but i think people use lag switches (or something similar) way more than bots.

I was just in a PvP match earlier today and there was a person far away from me that said "FFA!" and then stood still for a few seconds, he then hopped to our side of the map and killed my whole team within a matter of milliseconds. We were all pretty amazed and saying "WTH..." so it wasn't just me. He continued jumping all over the map killing all us. (L30-35 pvp)

RoFL ! Was its name "ImaBot" xD

Nick41324
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Lmao
terrible.. terrible drawing.

Im not great at explaining

RoFL ! Was its name "ImaBot" xD
I dont think bots are controlled by people. They are programmed and this guy obviously said "FFA"

Chickenrunnn
03-06-2012, 02:43 PM
terrible.. terrible drawing.

Im not great at explaining

I dont think bots are controlled by people. They are programmed and this guy obviously said "FFA"

I won't criticize u about drawing see how i do my robots... xD

________________________________O O
_______________________________ |__|
_______________________________ /\_/\
_______________________________/____\
___________________________[=[]-O..O-[]=]
______________________________|_\__/_|
_______________________________\____/
_________________________________| |
_________________________________| |_____
________________/\/\/\/\/\____|____________|
________________|_______|___|__________|_|
________________|___________ _________ _| |
____________________________|__________| |______
____________________________|__________|________|
____________________________|___________\/\/\/\/\/
____________________________|__________|
____________________________|____/ \____|
______________________ _____|____| |____|_____
_____________________/___________| |__________\

CodyBearr
03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I remember back in sewers there was a bot who would just keep making games and killing the first set of mobs then rmk... Same movements everytime and would never reply... Trust me if they can do it on WoW they can deff do it in PL

drewcapu
03-06-2012, 06:11 PM

This reminds me of an old "trick" in the the heyday of SubSpace/Continuum which was easily the best (and of the of the earliest) MMOs of its time. Mind you, this was still back in the dial-up days. In our version of CTF various individuals were adept at inducing just the right amount of lag, normally by picking up the phone for a certain amount of time (lag can most definitely be induced similarly today by saturating the connection with big downloads/uploads). So while he was lagged, he could infiltrate the base, grab all the flags, and by the time he got out, his connection would be back to normal and everybody on the other team would wonder what just happened.

Essentially, the server is allowing the client to queue up too many events during a lagged period and then accepting all of those events simultaneously once the lagged player's connection has been restored to normal.

Needless to say, the SubSpace devs were quick to adjust the code for lag tolerance to basically make players attempting such exploits simply lag out.

I'm not saying that this is the same thing that is going on in your PvP example, but it could be something similar.

Elyseon
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Still want to watch this guy in action xD

swordlover
03-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Y'all found my bot....

pocketlegendshq
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
He's probably not botting, this is a young community, it'll be a while before those troubles.

swordlover
03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I kinda irritates me that y'all took screen shots of my masterpiece can u take them down plz?

razerfingers
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM

Someone in a diffrent thread about emotes was saying you can do all emotes at sametime turn off wifi, hit all emotes turn back on so in this instance hes running taps all skills with wifi off but you dont see him run up to you and you're all dead? sounds like taking advantage of lag.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Nick41324
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Someone in a diffrent thread about emotes was saying you can do all emotes at sametime turn off wifi, hit all emotes turn back on so in this instance hes running taps all skills with wifi off but you dont see him run up to you and you're all dead? sounds like taking advantage of lag.

to be honest, i tried what he said and it disconnected me from the server lol. Thats why i said in the tread not to explain how to do it.

I remember you can make a lag switch for the PS3, but you need to be the host in a game to make it work.

razerfingers
03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
to be honest, i tried what he said and it disconnected me from the server lol. Thats why i said in the tread not to explain how to do it.

I remember you can make a lag switch for the PS3, but you need to be the host in a game to make it work.

In black ops there was this guy runnin around skipping and he would always kill me id that off of the same lines? I was using ps3

Edit: youd have to be fast to do the emotes lol

Swords
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
IN all of those clues. I think you mean AFK Or walking back and forth? Somehow somebody is trying to trick u

razerfingers
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
It doesnt work on skills just emotes
And I only figuered this out when I got out of my wifi range & came back
So it's not taking advantage of anything. It's just a fun trick:)

Lol :P

Samhayne
03-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I would send a support email to: support@spacetimesudios.com
They should be able to sort things out. :)

Yes, please contact our Support Team with the name of the botter. We'll check them out and swing the ban hammer as appropriate.

Thanks!

Kiwihawk
03-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Haha Sam the ban hammer
This is why i love everyone here on forums

Sryyoulose
03-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I love bots in some games... They do all hard work you kill them get the items... Tada 3 hours work by killing a bot!

zeusabe
03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
I can imagine any bot is possible. An emulator isn't necessary since you can play PL/SL via chrome.

The one part that has me wondering is how his toon can stop walking when everybody else stops walking.

zeusabe, does he always join you? Or are there others in your guild that he joins?
Also, instead of everybody stopping, try just you stopping and everybody else continues and see if he follows them.
I'm wondering if he's somehow botting a way to follow you specifically.

I suppose someone could make a bot that follows a group's movement, but I'm sure it would be a bit complicated.

Forgot to mention that part, yes, he only stops behind me. If I stop walking, he's just there behind me casting spells (it's like I have a combat pet LOL!). Me and my guildies did a few experimental runs whenever this mage joins my game (sorry for those people I booted because of this...:|) and it's quite conclusive, he's following me. One time, I purposely rambo'd a room alone and died (while everyone proceeded further into the map), died...he respawns at the beginning, rambo'd same room...died...respawns at beginning...rambo'd...died (...if that's not a bot, he's the worst player of all time for not getting the message...not to rambo). I'm not sure if he always joins me when he's on, but he only joins me whenever I'm in First Floor (...and I'm host). I haven't seen him for two days now...we sorta miss him LOL, he keeps our runs quite interesting.

zeusabe
03-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Zeu, what happens when you boot him?

When I boot him, he stays out of that particular game. After a couple of rmk's, he'll join again like nothing happened. I got tired of booting him so instead I just gave up and that's when I started noticing these things.

JackOak
03-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I was in Skeleton Crypts, and this level 66 bird would start the game, walk to the left corner of the room and sit there for like 8 seconds. Then he would walk out to the wall in front of him, walk along the wall to the left and do this: Focus, Shatter, Blast kill the 4 or 5 skeletons then enter the room with the boss, kill the boss with same combo then remake the game. I followed him for like 15 games because I was leveling, he would never respond and do the EXACT same thing over and over. LIKE EXACTLY.

maneatingtree
03-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Where is stamos he still needs o say "were looking into it"

nomad187
03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Botting is definitely possible. I was in a SL game, and this guy joined. He said one of the other players was his bot. It always followed whoever was in front. If you stopped, and someone else took the lead, it followed them. It was quite impressive actually.

Nick41324
03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
I was in Skeleton Crypts, and this level 66 bird would start the game, walk to the left corner of the room and sit there for like 8 seconds. Then he would walk out to the wall in front of him, walk along the wall to the left and do this: Focus, Shatter, Blast kill the 4 or 5 skeletons then enter the room with the boss, kill the boss with same combo then remake the game. I followed him for like 15 games because I was leveling, he would never respond and do the EXACT same thing over and over. LIKE EXACTLY.
kinda random, but are those actually your BFBC2 stats in your sig? O.o

Elyseon
03-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Really want to watch, u should invite me some game when he there

Bilaxman
03-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Really want to watch, u should invite me some game when he there

You should invite me too! I've never seen a bot before! I want to experiment now!
IGN: Bilaxman

Suntv
03-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Lol @ c h i c k e n n n

- Max Keiser!!