PDA

View Full Version : Dexbear or Strbear? your opinions

xbabybugszx
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Im looking to get into end level pvp (65/66) and i would like to know what set would be better for a bear?
Lvl65 Crafted orlok Sword/shield Set? Or
Lvl65 Crafted Sanguine Longbow Set
Any tips/help would be great!

Walkhardd
03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Im looking to get into end level pvp (65/66) and i would like to know what set would be better for a bear?

The amount of dodge, and h/s you get from orlok makes it an easy choice imo.

Imsebastiaanl
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Against every class: str bear. Dex bears die too fast, so: str shield set.

Iron Hand
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Depned on how you play your bear... If you like to be in on doing major dmg and dont mind taking it then go for str bear for up close battle. If you like to be at a distance getting of a bunch of shots off without taking a lot dmg then you go for the dex bear... Fix to suit how u play best and how u use skills. For myself i am a loyal tanker in pve so my style suits best for strength bear with in close weapon that does large damage so i also make sure i have the highest health and armor i can get because i know i going to take a large amount of damage too.

Play around and see what style best fits ur gaming skills then u will know which is best for u :D i hope this helps u out.

Imsebastiaanl
03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Depned on how you play your bear... If you like to be in on doing major dmg and dont mind taking it then go for str bear for up close battle. If you like to be at a distance getting of a bunch of shots off without taking a lot dmg then you go for the dex bear... Fix to suit how u play best and how u use skills. For myself i am a loyal tanker in pve so my style suits best for strength bear with in close weapon that does large damage so i also make sure i have the highest health and armor i can get because i know i going to take a large amount of damage too.

Play around and see what style best fits ur gaming skills then u will know which is best for u :D i hope this helps u out.

For pve dex might be better but I disagree with this, I see (except papapat and even he is most time str) only good bears when they're str. Dex is not good, maybe if you train very very hard it is but in the end str is better, also for ctf (IMO)

Iron Hand
03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I agree with you in this.. the str bear is easiest to play and the dex bear takes a lot more skill.. i have seen players successful with both it really just depends on how skilled of gamer u r and which is most comfortable to u. In sl even though i am a tanking commando i actually prefer op for pvp cause i find i am more skilled with it than my mando at pvp... In pl i use a str bear for pvp because in any other class i have a hard time because of what i am used to playing.

It really boils down to what u have the most fun with.. i have seen a great number of players with various classes n builds be very succesful.. if u enjoy the bear more than the bird yeah go all in on a strength bear :)

Imsebastiaanl
03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
I agree with you in this.. the str bear is easiest to play and the dex bear takes a lot more skill.. i have seen players successful with both it really just depends on how skilled of gamer u r and which is most comfortable to u. In sl even though i am a tanking commando i actually prefer op for pvp cause i find i am more skilled with it than my mando at pvp... In pl i use a str bear for pvp because in any other class i have a hard time because of what i am used to playing.

It really boils down to what u have the most fun with.. i have seen a great number of players with various classes n builds be very succesful.. if u enjoy the bear more than the bird yeah go all in on a strength bear :)

In endmage pvp I have seen one good dexbear: papapat. But he is str/dex. Nice you agree :), but yes it is possible to be good with dex but str is better IMO

xbabybugszx
03-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Alrite, thnx guys. Now i gota buy a cheap crafted orlok set

Elyseon
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Dex bears die very easy, vs the 66 mages and birds you need as much armour and dodge u can get to survive their immense dmg

Buddyf97
03-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Since when does dex bear take more skill than str? xD Go str put don't think it will be easy!

Swords
03-06-2012, 07:41 PM
orlok sword/shield set. Good dodge and armor that can be used in pvp.

Cloakker
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
In my opinion both is GREAT so much fun. Even wand set rocks:triumphant: hahaha but yea as you guys said its what you feel comfortable playing. Hows your flow of playing bear:D

fuzzylazer
03-07-2012, 01:07 AM
I have to say... STR BEAR!!

xbabybugszx
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I have always been into the range. Thats why all my twinks that are bears happen to be dexbears. But it is true that dexbears die very easily against mages and birds due to low armor. So Str is the way to go for end level pvp. Thnx guys!

Papapat
03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
For pve dex might be better but I disagree with this, I see (except papapat and even he is most time str) only good bears when they're str. Dex is not good, maybe if you train very very hard it is but in the end str is better, also for ctf (IMO)

Actually, most of the time im using dex... Its really how u use it but I disagree that using the other needs more skill... Ever since sewer and demonic ages, I have always been fond of playing with both builds, making u more versatile in all situations and I believe that to be able to do both must take equal skill... Both contains timing for me... Its just that new str users tend to spam on skills due to confidence in their build while on crafted orlok sets...

On dex, many say that u will die easy.. Well every exteme has its counterpart... if u die easy, u can kill easily too... All u need to do is to try to kill easy while trying to prevent from dying easy... I may not have perfected that still but surely I have ways of my own to defend myself while on dex...

Surely, orloks could be a nice choice for starters, but if u have some extra coins to spare, why not try dex too... Try using it on every build possible... I assure you there is always a way to kill someone in any build possible :)

Lastly, when you are already comfortable with your current build, try to master your range and when to use skills... :)

Enjoy your bear o(^_^)o

Ttelazh
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Love

Swords
03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Love

Love addict.....

Imsebastiaanl
03-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Actually, most of the time im using dex... Its really how u use it but I disagree that using the other needs more skill... Ever since sewer and demonic ages, I have always been fond of playing with both builds, making u more versatile in all situations and I believe that to be able to do both must take equal skill... Both contains timing for me... Its just that new str users tend to spam on skills due to confidence in their build while on crafted orlok sets...

On dex, many say that u will die easy.. Well every exteme has its counterpart... if u die easy, u can kill easily too... All u need to do is to try to kill easy while trying to prevent from dying easy... I may not have perfected that still but surely I have ways of my own to defend myself while on dex...

Surely, orloks could be a nice choice for starters, but if u have some extra coins to spare, why not try dex too... Try using it on every build possible... I assure you there is always a way to kill someone in any build possible :)

Lastly, when you are already comfortable with your current build, try to master your range and when to use skills... :)

Enjoy your bear o(^_^)o

I agree with some parts... I have to say you're really good with dex but.. Altough you kill me fast its anyway easier to kill you if ur dex... But I have to say you owned my bird with dex but with my mage.. I guess str is better

Papapat
03-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I agree with some parts... I have to say you're really good with dex but.. Altough you kill me fast its anyway easier to kill you if ur dex... But I have to say you owned my bird with dex but with my mage.. I guess str is better

That is the point of me saying that either build would be okay considering both have their own advantage and disadvantages... Its really just how u use it... If i could be easily killed on dex, I always try my best to payback a death with 5 times more kills...
Str is better? Again, for me, no build is better... A bear can be exceptionally well with either int or dex build if he knows how to highlight its advantages more.. I saw mages on dex (Tashyang, Kelly and Zukini) but really are beasts using it... Lastly, sometimes i fight mages, str bears, and warbirds with dex and had been successful most of the time so u really can never tell...

Imsebastiaanl
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
That is the point of me saying that either build would be okay considering both have their own advantage and disadvantages... Its really just how u use it... If i could be easily killed on dex, I always try my best to payback a death with 5 times more kills...
Str is better? Again, for me, no build is better... A bear can be exceptionally well with either int or dex build if he knows how to highlight its advantages more.. I saw mages on dex (Tashyang, Kelly and Zukini) but really are beasts using it... Lastly, sometimes i fight mages, str bears, and warbirds with dex and had been successful most of the time so u really can never tell...

Yeah I have to say you are good no doubt about that but I'm still thinking str is better ;-) because before most bears (you dont) do real good damage with dex I kill them.. But if you train hard is dex good too, you already gave some examples.

Mikeylito
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Yes, dex is a very hard class to master and only the best of the best can pull it off. In the end it is def rewarding because you learn speed, distance, timing, and survival skills. I just recently went back to int set but only because it was more beneficial to my team in the current 3v3 tourney. I will have to say after playing dex and going to a normal set, it makes you feel very powerful because of all the skills you picked up with dex set. Today their arnt much dex players left (mages and bears) except for me, papapqt, and tash. it is def a dying breed because usually people opt for the more powerful sets. I suggest if you want to have more fun in the game go str because dex set will frustrate you and in the end someone with the same skill as you will beat you with the more powerful set.