PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a JailBroken iPhone 4S?

WoundedEagle
03-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Just out of curiosity. I had a question or two about it...

Kaytar
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
My iPod used to be jailbroken but I unjailbroke it in fear of getting banned ;)

Martin Tander
03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I think iphone4s is too expensive to void the guarantee...rooted android-sure ask away)))) and what u meant by getting banned,kaytar :?

NECROREAPER
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
My 4S is jailbroken, as well a my iPad 2 before I sold it.

What kinds of questions do you have WE?

JaytB
03-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Just a word of warning. I got an infraction point once for just mentioning some perfectly legal jailbreak tweaks. Thought I'd put that out there before anyone else gets one of those :)

WoundedEagle
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Just a word of warning. I got an infraction point once for just mentioning some perfectly legal jailbreak tweaks. Thought I'd put that out there before anyone else gets one of those :)

Thanks for the tip. It wasn't anything bad, just am studying something. I'll hit you up Necro.

Kaytar
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
I think iphone4s is too expensive to void the guarantee...rooted android-sure ask away)))) and what u meant by getting banned,kaytar :?Someone (forgot who) said you could hack PL with jailbroken iOS devices. I didn't take my chances and un-jailbroke

Swords
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
my ipod was jailbroken and now its unjailbroken for some reason. when jailbroken, some third party will obtain your IP code.
This Ip code allows them to access to ur ipod and can do anything to it. Once i had lost 500k from PL from the third party.

please be aware that jailbroken ipod is a serious issue here!

Deathpunch
03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
my ipod was jailbroken and now its unjailbroken for some reason. when jailbroken, some third party will obtain your IP code.
This Ip code allows them to access to ur ipod and can do anything to it. Once i had lost 500k from PL from the third party.

please be aware that jailbroken ipod is a serious issue here!

And how did this mysterious "third party" gain access to your device in the first place? By installing random apps from wherever, that's how. Just because you enable root level access on your device does not mean any random Joe hanging around can steal your information. People need to take responsibility by being aware of what they are installing and where you got it from.

Hint: It isn't generally a good idea to install pirated apps from some Chinese free app site because you're too cheap to pay $. 99 for the app from monitored app markets. Usually, there's no one to blame but yourself.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Swords
03-07-2012, 09:24 AM
And how did this mysterious "third party" gain access to your device in the first place? By installing random apps from wherever, that's how. Just because you enable root level access on your device does not mean any random Joe hanging around can steal your information. People need to take responsibility by being aware of what they are installing and where you got it from.

Hint: It isn't generally a good idea to install pirated apps from some Chinese free app site because you're too cheap to pay $. 99 for the app from monitored app markets. Usually, there's no one to blame but yourself.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

the creators of jailbreak obtains ur IP code

StompArtist
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM

I fail to see how you get an infraction for mentioning jailbreak? Does side loading method for Droid lead to an infraction? Is there a rule against device modification posts on the forums?

Ardon
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I fail to see how you get an infraction for mentioning jailbreak? Does side loading method for Droid lead to an infraction? Is there a rule against device modification posts on the forums?

I think he meant that he mentions some links and how to's for jailbreak mods.

Though, I'm not sure why that would lead to an infracture lol jailbreaking and rooting really open up your phone.

JaytB
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM

I questioned the same thing. The only thing I did was mentioning some perfectly legal jailbreak system tweaks. No illegal stuff, and all from well known developers in the jailbreak scene. I was furious about it at the time and never got a response as to why it could possible be worthy an infraction point. I tried several PM's to get a clarification but never was given even a response to it. I tried reasoning and explained how even jailbreaking in itself was deemed perfectly legal by the US court. So why did I get that point? Completely beats me.

JaytB
03-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I dug up one of the mails I referred to in my last post...

Hi Alex,

Since you might not have understood my last PM as a question, I decided to send you this PM.

I'd like to understand why I got that infraction point or get it removed.

As I said in my last PM, jailbreaking has been ruled legal in the US, there's nothing in the TOS about it (I re-read it twice yesterday evening) and there were, and still are, a lot of topics or posts about it, that haven't been deleted, and where the discussion was never interrupted by you or anyone else from STS. I even read Apple's EULA, were there's just a chapter of loosing your guarantee when modifying your device. It's not even mentioned as something 'forbidden' or anything.

So my question is, how is anyone supposed to know you shouldn't discuss a specific topic, when there was never such policy in place before? When it's not mentioned in the TOS, discussed on the forum countless times and perfectly legal... it still can't be discussed?

The reason I want to know, is that you spread fear to your loyal users IMO, when there are no clear rules on what to discuss and what not to. The way I see it right now, which can be completely wrong, is that you just wanted to pick on me for whatever reason. I'm afraid of posting anything on the forum anymore, because you might not like it. In my eyes, you freely use your subjective vision to deal out infraction points. Shouldn't this be an objective thing to do?

I'd like to have a clear answer about this before I make another post that you might give me another infraction point for.

Kind regards,
Johan

StompArtist
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Strange. I'd like to get clarification on this. I don't care if we are allowed or not to post such things (Droid user here) but I could be at risk since I do not run stock OS and would give out help if asked...

WoundedEagle
03-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Necro isn't replying :fox:

mahdi12243
03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Its easy to jailbreak it but i cannot share it out in public here but you are welcome to email me at : mahdichowdhury_123@hotmail.co.uk:)

Deathpunch
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
the creators of jailbreak obtains ur IP code

Once again, they don't come over and do it to your device. You make an active choice to jailbreak your device and by doing so you grant them access to all you have on there. If you are unprepared to accept the possible consequences then dont do it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

NECROREAPER
03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Sent a reply Morg

adidaman
03-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I already have a few infractions, so I'll gladly answer all your questions. Been jailbroken since my iPod touch 1g (1.1.1). (: shoot me any questions you got

OvigorothO
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM

please be aware that jailbroken ipod is a serious issue here!there is an addon which will not be named which gives you the abilty to manage computer data and access compressed files on the ios device through a computer.this application comes with a passcode lock....in the description of the addon it says the default password needs to be changed or else you will most likely be in this situation... FAIL

OvigorothO
03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
My ipod is no longer jailbroken....i learned my lesson :P