PDA

View Full Version : A shortcut as a shortcut

Roc
03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
We have /r, /g, etc as commands but I know that I've accidentally replied to the wrong person or used the wrong shortcut to tell the entire guild something I only wanted to tell one person. Why not have a copy shortcut /c or something like that where the format would be /c <the person who mistakenly got the message> <the person or people you want the message to go to> ?

Examples might be:

/c Pancakez Awesomesocks ---> the message you accidentally sent to Pancakez gets sent to Awesomesocks

/c /g Awesomesocks ---> the message you accidentally sent to the guild gets sent to Awesomesocks instead

/c Awesomesocks /r ----> the message you accidentally sent to Awesomesocks gets set to the person you are talking to

etc, etc

This way, you save time re-typing with a handy shortcut :)

Just a thought ;)

fuzzylazer
03-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Bit confusing lol...

Roc
03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
It does make more sense in my head (and I'm not crazy, I assure you ;)). Sometimes I end up sending my message to the wrong person, for instance because I used /r when I meant /g. If there was another command /c (c for copy) I could copy my last message to the new recipient. Maybe a better format would be /c <recipient of message> and it would copy what you last sent to the new person :)

Thanks for the comment...I tend to be a bit...wordy :p

Conradin
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I iike it. It makes sense

OvigorothO
03-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I feel u roc :) and i think i understand? If yor having a conversation with one person the shortcut "/c" only works on the person u set it to originally and can't change? I kind of just scimmed :P

fuzzylazer
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Hmm, I think I get it now...

NECROREAPER
03-08-2012, 01:31 AM
I comprehend.

I think this is a great idea, although I'm not sure if the little kiddies who play this game would catch on :/