PDA

View Full Version : Learn to stop the cycle of hate!

Econodeath
03-07-2012, 10:59 AM
You know people always laugh it off when they hear someone say "Why can't we all just get along?"
People tend to think of those television shows and laugh. But seriously why can't we all stop the cycle of hate?
I know people always talk about it and say they want everyone to be treated equally because thats what society
wants to hear, but what is really so hard about it? Why do some people think that they should be able to have fun
and enjoy life, but others shouldn't? I am sure you can relate to this if you think about it for just a minute. How many
times have you seen other people insulting or degrading another person and felt like doing something? We can make a
difference if we try! All it takes is a little compassion and understanding on all of our parts. It really isn't much if you think
about it. I am sure most of you feel bad to see another suffer, but never stop to think of how mental abuse really hurts another
person. Please don't laugh at this or leave a bad comment thinking I am trying to get attention or want something other than other
than your understanding. Some people do things without realizing the true outcome or damage that their actions can cause. This is
part of the reason I have opted to make this post. Saying things that aren't meant to be hurtful like certain names that I will not say
and have trained myself not to say are a prime example of us not thinking things through. In the end we can really hurt someones feelings
without realizing it and causing their good time to end abrubtly. I would like us all to sit back a second and really watch what is going on in
life and in our beloved Pocket Legends. Get involved peacefully and make a difference. You might end up with a new best friend. All you have
to do is show some understanding and hold out your hand to another person. Its not asking much and to be honest in the end you won't get a
fancy shield, gold, platinum, or some other form of fancy payback. What you will get is the personal knowledge that you are taking the steps to
make a difference in this world. Some times its the little things we all do that can add up to a huge difference in someone elses life.
I urge all of us to try for all of our sakes. I know many of you are still young and that is why I feel this post is so important. You have the
chance to stop the cycle of hate! Please don't discriminate against people for their color, nationality, spoken language, sexual prefference, or any
other thing that you can think of. It hurts another person to no end. The damage you inflict can last a lifetime. Now obviously this is a game and people do move on, but mental abuse does last a life time whether or not you realize it.

I would like people to take some time and reflect on this a bit. It doesn't matter if you know me or not. Even if you feel you don't like me for some
reason it doesn't mater. Maybe take a minute out of your day and share some of what you see happening in game or in real life. Perhaps by sharing an observation or personal experience here (please don't mention another players name if the example is from in game) you can help others
realize something about themselves they can change for the future. Either way thank you for reading this as it has become something I can't and
don't want to ignore. We all need to stand up and make a difference.

As a present for reading this and hopefully getting something out of this I am sending a virtual hug to all of you!
Please keep smiling and stop the cycle of hate.

NECROREAPER
03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
TL;DR

morfic
03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Gah I hate run-on paragraphs! Haaaaaate!

Couldn't read, what was it about?

Elyseon
03-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Hatin' is FUN! OK?!?!

Econodeath
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Hatin' is FUN! OK?!?!

Im glad you feel that way.
Thanks for sharing.

I see where this thread is going.
Im sorry I bothered with it. I have enough going on in my life right now.

Elyseon
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Seriously tho-
Great concept if we lived in a utopia, sadly we dont

I dont like getting hated on anymore than anyone else, but its gonna happen, as the previous post have already started trollin, its gonna happen more if you tell ppl to stop, basically best response is as an individual i have to respond in love. Not responsible for anyone elses responses

Hankomachos
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
This thread isn't going down that road eco. I won't allow it. I agree with everything you said. people do need to look in the mirror , if all they can accomplish in life is making someone feel like crap.

I love my friends, I hate to see them upset. I try my damnedest to make people feel better when they're down and out. I never expect anything in return; their happyness is my reward! The saying "no good deed goes unpunished" is very much true, but I say to hell with that saying, I'm not going to stop what I do because of one idiot who made the sorry mistake of opening their mouth, or whatever the case may be. Love makes the world go around, hate is a small minority. A minority that we (love) can get rid of.

Very good post, eco, much love!

morfic
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
no good dead goes unpunished

That is an awesome quote. lol. Poor dead peeps.

also, i didn't know I could say the H and D words! :O

dudetus
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
That is an awesome quote. lol. Poor dead peeps.

also, i didn't know I could say the H and D words! :O

Well played good sir!

Hankomachos
03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Of course it is. :D Anyone dead obviously got punished, either by accident, intentionally, or naturally. :P Although, naturally wouldn't necessarily be a punishment. :p

In all seriousness, my spellung fails. ;) I'll edit it when i get home, if it bothers anyone. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a BBQ bacon uncle burger. :banana:

morfic
03-07-2012, 04:57 PM
May I ask what makes it an uncle burger? I understand the BBQ and bacon part. But the uncle has intrigued me.

StompArtist
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hatred leads to power.
Power leads to victory.
Let your anger flow through you.
Your hate will make you strong.
True power is only achieved through testing the limits of one's anger, passing through unscathed.
Rage channeled through anger is unstoppable.
The dark side of the Force offers unimaginable power.
The dark side is stronger than the light.
The weak deserve their fate.

–tenets of Sith philosophy

dudetus
03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
May I ask what makes it an uncle burger? I understand the BBQ and bacon part. But the uncle has intrigued me.

Well we've been talking about the dead so...

dudetus
03-07-2012, 05:32 PM

Well last time I was in rage I got stopped by a Bouncer...

Late
03-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Pvp is where the problem is

GELLIO77
03-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hatred leads to power.
Power leads to victory.
Let your anger flow through you.
Your hate will make you strong.
True power is only achieved through testing the limits of one's anger, passing through unscathed.
The dark side of the Force offers unimaginable power.
The dark side is stronger than the light.
The weak deserve their fate.

–tenets of Sith philosophy

this i true in a sense... i was angry, pvping and just never died...

Snakespeare
03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
May I recommend the book, Peace Is The Way by Deepak Chopra?

And thanks for the hugs! :)

darkmagesun
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I agree with you but it seems like people are hatin on this

Roc
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Huuuuuuuuuuuuugz :biggrin:

Pixer
03-07-2012, 07:07 PM
I agree with you and appreciate your post. Negative and mean people drain me. I prefer folks who are upbeat, kind and helpful.

"Some take being nice and humble as being weak...man how they are mistaken." - Unknown

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 08:20 AM
I am happy to see some possitive posts. After seeing the first couple I have to be honest I really just lost it.
@ Hank I thank you from the bottom of my heart bud. Last night was a breath of fresh air and I think letting it out on those that deserve it helped!
Especially the jerk that kept calling people noobs after they bought something from him. HEHEHE or the guy that said no one would ever want me in their guild because of my low level. LOL that was fun as well.

Perhaps that little experiment helped me learn something as well. Being nice to those that deserve it is awsome and something not to be taken for granted, but giving it back to those that spread misery ten fold can really make for a smashing good time!

Maybe that will be my next toon.
Eco the punnisher!

I absolutely loved the hug pictures!!! I didn't get notified of new posts on this one, but those were absolutely fantastalastic!

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
May I recommend the book, Peace Is The Way by Deepak Chopra?

And thanks for the hugs! :)

Hugs make the world smile!
Please take as many as you need and then some.
I am going to check out that book as well.

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Well last time I was in rage I got stopped by a Bouncer...

The last time I went into a true rage someone got hurt really bad. I have changed my ways since then.
I can't watch an innocent child be beaten on by anyone, anyplace, ever! Thank god I havn't seen that kind of act since that day either.
Next time I stop it and call the cops.
Almost spent a long time in jail for that one!

Elysony
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
The last time I went into a true rage someone got hurt really bad. I have changed my ways since then.
I can't watch an innocent child be beaten on by anyone, anyplace, ever! Thank god I havn't seen that kind of act since that day either.
Okay i'm sorry but that needs some explaining PM me the whole story please :-)!

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
okay PM sent.
I gave you the short version without all the boring stuff.

morfic
03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxq5txUz2B1r4i3o3.gif

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Funny, I'm actually eating steak fries. :D

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa344/idonthaveone4/4927285484_9f25ed5169_z.jpg

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 11:50 AM
roflmao!!!!!!!

dudetus
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Well for me it was about some random guy who came shouting and insulting me and my buds at a bar. That was something which I could yet handle. But when he moved on to my gf...

morfic
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
But when he moved on to my gf...

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Morfic, I understand your need for attention. I get that you want to make your immaturity known by us, the forumers. But from what I've seen, you clearly failed to read eco's thread, failed to care, or you're just too stupid enough to understand it. I don't know which, but regardless, you have not contributed to this topic at all. What point are you trying to get across here? What's your intention? Are you trying to establish yourself as a forum troll? Are you trying to prove you're some little kid who has nothing, and I mean nothing better to do, than spam unneeded pictures, and derail this thread? Wait a minute... you're not a kid. You're an immature adult.

So morfic, unless you have nothing to contibute to this thread, other than your own immaturity, please... please take your pony express back to pony land where you belong.

Are you going to try and revive your ego by posting some "U mad bro?" Pic, or some troll face?
Probably.
Go ahead, because you know what? I don't care. (:

Ardon
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Lol this is a forum for games. Have a sense of humor.

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Joke aside, life is usually much simpler (and happier) when one learns not to take things too seriously.

Aikiebo
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Joke aside, life is usually much simpler (and happier) when one learns not to take things too seriously.

This stuff people always say until something comes up that they don't like, lol. You may want to swallow a bit of this advice yourseslf, lol. But, don't take what I'm saying too seriously, lol. I think Morfic is enraged. And is apparently taking the origial post way to serious.

Life is not 'usually' better if you don't take stuff too seriously. That's a bit off. Life is better when you can quickly tell the difference between what to take serious and what not to.

Samhayne
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Posting to our forums is also "better" when you read and understand the forum rules that govern conduct. Here is the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Here is the most applicable section:

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”

The above are a just few examples of behavior that is not tolerated on the forums. Basically, play nice and get along. Thanks!

I know you guys. You're great and you can work it out. And if you can't, no biggie. Just tap the "report post" button and we'll take care of it (rather than taking any flamebait and rage posting in response).

Thanks for playing nice and getting along!

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
This stuff people always say until something comes up that they don't like, lol. You may want to swallow a bit of this advice yourseslf, lol. But, don't take what I'm saying too seriously, lol. I think Morfic is enraged. And is apparently taking the origial post way to serious.

Life is not 'usually' better if you don't take stuff too seriously. That's a bit off. Life is better when you can quickly tell the difference between what to take serious and what not to.

Mildly amusing. :D

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Lol this is a forum for games. Have a sense of humor.

Believe me, there's nothing wrong with having fun, but only when the situation calls for it. Have you read ecos thread yet? Is there anything funny about it? It's him getting whatever is off his mind. He's serious. He didn't make this thread for people to post ridiculous pictures, or, in other words, not to be taken as a joke. Like I said, if morfic, or anyone has nothing to say that's somewhat related to the topic, then what's the point in posting in the first place?

Eco isn't having fun here. Eco isn't playing games. Eco made this thread to get something of his chest, people should respect that.

To reiterate, there's a time and place for everything, seriousness happened to be intended for this thread.

If you want to play games, there's a bunch in the off-topic section, with the word "game" in the title. Have fun there, not here.

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 04:36 PM

This is true, but don't forget history.
I remember a famous poem from my school days.
There was something about people watching their neighbors being taken away to die.
They watched one household go then another kept doing that saying at least its not me.
guess what? One day it was them and no one was there to help them....
Sad isn't it when people don't stick together to stop cycles of hatred. It works slowly one step at a time.
Please don't forget history or we are all doomed to repeat it again and again until there is no one left to repeat it anymore.

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
This is true, but don't forget history.
I remember a famous poem from my school days.
There was something about people watching their neighbors being taken away to die.
They watched one household go then another kept doing that saying at least its not me.
guess what? One day it was them and no one was there to help them....
Sad isn't it when people don't stick together to stop cycles of hatred. It works slowly one step at a time.
Please don't forget history or we are all doomed to repeat it again and again until there is no one left to repeat it anymore.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Martin Niemöller

...one of my favorite quote.

morfic
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
A plague had spread over the land. A plague that threatened human-nature itself. Laughter, fun, and sarcasm were the first victims of this plague, as it spread like wildfire to every man, woman and child with no restraint. The bringers of this plague managed to hole themselves up in a great castle on the edge of town. Day by day, the castle's population grew with a steady stream of newcomers and converted citizens pledging their fealty. This plague was known to the locals as, "Pollyanna", and it threatened their very way of life from behind the guarded walls of the castle, "lidlgudytoshoos". Was there anyone that could stand up to them?

-------------------

The ground trembled with hooves slamming hard against its surface as a ... pony?.. slowly stopped before the gates of Lidlgudytoshoos. It's mane was tussled and dust and grime coated it's legs, but still he held himself defiantly. Swinging his head high, the pony stared directly at the gates.

"I am Morfic and I have come to put an end to this plague terrorizing our lands! No more will we tolerate your Pollyanna, and no longer can I turn a blind eye to it. Know this! Wherever you turn your focus, I will be there. And wherever you choose to go, I will be waiting. I am your nemesis!", he bellowed.

The echo of his words rattled throughout the interior of the castle walls. But a moment later, came a shrill, "Heyyyy. He's not being nice!". What followed was a horrific cacophony of crying and tears that threatened to poison the soul.

Morfic closed his eyes for a second and attempted to drown the noise out of his mind. "Is there no one here to face me, in the name of Pollyanna??", he screamed over the noise.

A few moments later the castle door slowly opened, revealing two men riding out alone, one hanging back slightly. The first rider stopped some feet away from Morfic, eyes locked on his.

"My name... is White Knight Hankomachos, and you... are immature. Be gone with you back to the lands of ponies, as you are hindering our war on this land. Whatever you say in response, I will cover my ears..and go na..na...nana..a booboo.", came the quivering voice.

A smirk spread slowly across Morfic's face. "So this Pollyanna DID have a knight of its own!" he thought. Before he got the chance to respond, the second rider stepped forth.

"Don't even bother, Sir White Knight. This... Morfic, is clearly in a rage. His every action is born of anger and should be disregarded immediately.", came a soft voice from the man.

Slowly, Morfic began to laugh as he looked on towards the riders. "Foolish knights of castle lidlgudytoshoos. Your very actions are hypocritical and illogical. You participate in the very actions that you preach against, and you have fallen into my trap. Now the entire world can look on and see that the words you speak, hold no weight. They can see that, indeed, haters ARE going to hate. My job here is done...for now. But just know that the eye of Morfic...is upon you."

With that, Morfic slowly turned from the riders and began to prance off into the sunset.

Ardon
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Morfic <3

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 04:52 PM
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Martin Niemöller

...one of my favorite quote.

Very similar to the poem we had read back in high school.
Even though they aren't exactly the same I have to ask you.
Don't you see the sadness there?
All I was trying to do with this thread is try to open peoples mind and help stop cycles of hatred or bigetry ( I don't think I spelled that right)
Even with all the siliness that has been going through this thread I really just want to help all of us grow closer in a way.
Kind of lets say unite us under the flag of respect and understanding.

Samhayne
03-08-2012, 04:53 PM
A plague had spread over the land. A plague that threatened human-nature itself. Laughter, fun, and sarcasm were the first victims of this plague, as it spread like wildfire to every man, woman and child with no restraint. The bringers of this plague managed to hole themselves up in a great castle on the edge of town. Day by day, the castle's population grew with a steady stream of newcomers and converted citizens pledging their fealty. This plague was known to the locals as, "Pollyanna", and it threatened their very way of life from behind the guarded walls of the castle, "lidlgudytoshoos". Was there anyone that could stand up to them?

-------------------

The ground trembled with hooves slamming hard against its surface as a ... pony?.. slowly stopped before the gates of Lidlgudytoshoos. It's mane was tussled and dust and grime coated it's legs, but still he held himself defiantly. Swinging his head high, the pony stared directly at the gates.

"I am Morfic and I have come to put an end to this plague terrorizing our lands! No more will we tolerate your Pollyanna, and no longer can I turn a blind eye to it. Know this! Wherever you turn your focus, I will be there. And wherever you choose to go, I will be waiting. I am your nemesis!", he bellowed.

The echo of his words rattled throughout the interior of the castle walls. But a moment later, came a shrill, "Heyyyy. He's not being nice!". What followed was a horrific cacophony of crying and tears that threatened to poison the soul.

Morfic closed his eyes for a second and attempted to drown the noise out of his mind. "Is there no one here to face me, in the name of Pollyanna??", he screamed over the noise.

A few moments later the castle door slowly opened, revealing two men riding out alone, one hanging back slightly. The first rider stopped some feet away from Morfic, eyes locked on his.

"My name... is White Knight Hankomachos, and you... are immature. Be gone with you back to the lands of ponies, as you are hindering our war on this land. Whatever you say in response, I will cover my ears..and go na..na...nana..a booboo.", came the quivering voice.

A smirk spread slowly across Morfic's face. "So this Pollyanna DID have a knight of its own!" he thought. Before he got the chance to respond, the second rider stepped forth.

"Don't even bother, Sir White Knight. This... Morfic, is clearly in a rage. His every action is born of anger and should be disregarded immediately.", came a soft voice from the man.

Slowly, Morfic began to laugh as he looked on towards the riders. "Foolish knights of castle lidlgudytoshoos. Your very actions are hypocritical and illogical. You participate in the very actions that you preach against, and you have fallen into my trap. Now the entire world can look on and see that the words you speak, hold no weight. They can see that, indeed, haters ARE going to hate. My job here is done...for now. But just know that the eye of Morfic...is upon you."

With that, Morfic slowly turned from the riders and began to prance off into the sunset.

The above is a good example of a Trolling post. From the rules:

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Morfic will get a short suspension for that behavior. Again, we ask that all posters please respect the forum rules and each other.

Vhigdo
03-08-2012, 04:53 PM

-------------------

epic.

morfic
03-08-2012, 04:54 PM
The above is a good example of a Trolling post. From the rules:

Morfic will get a short suspension for that behavior. Again, we ask that all posters please respect the forum rules and each other.

:p But at least it was artsy

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I get it morphic.
Its all a big joke and now I understand.
Don't ever ask for help. For the first time ever I close my eyes to another completely.
Please stay off this thread morphic.
I did say please.
Thank you.

Here let me....
Eco is a joke and loser blah blah blah.
I hope you don't find out what I was trying to prevent happens to you and yours.

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I actually enjoyed that story; it proves how awesome I am. :D
I mean... I am, after all, a knight!

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I actually enjoyed that story; it proves how awesome I am. :D
I mean... I am, after all, a knight!

Hehehehe I always tell you my son calls you furry, but what I never told you was when you wear the golden armor
he calls you his furry knight......
Interesting how that worked out.
LOL

Econodeath
03-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow now I wasn't going to result in name calling....
They called him a troll.
I didn't do it, but I have to laugh.
Alot!

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah... I think I'll leave this thread alone from now on.

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
The reason I wanted to reference folks to "Peace Is The Way" is because he makes some really important points about how we get into fights just like this, even though we believe in peace. So let me link you up a bit: http://www.chopra.com/peace and give a quote:

"We aren't here to make the world evolve. We are here to evolve as individuals and then to spread that influence."

and especially:

"I know this sounds difficult, but let us try to be tolerant of intolerance. This is a hard one at times, but if you try the opposite—showing a hard heart against those with hard hearts of their own—all we've done is expand the problem. It's helpful (but often difficult) to remember that everyone is doing the best they can from their own level of consciousness. Trying to talk a terrorist out of his beliefs is like trying to persuade a lion to be a vegetarian. All we can realistically do is seek openings for higher awareness."

Appleisaac
03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
:p But at least it was artsy

i will give it that

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 05:45 PM
The reason I wanted to reference folks to "Peace Is The Way" is because he makes some really important points about how we get into fights just like this, even though we believe in peace. So let me link you up a bit: http://www.chopra.com/peace and give a quote:

"We aren't here to make the world evolve. We are here to evolve as individuals and then to spread that influence."

and especially:

"I know this sounds difficult, but let us try to be tolerant of intolerance. This is a hard one at times, but if you try the opposite—showing a hard heart against those with hard hearts of their own—all we've done is expand the problem. It's helpful (but often difficult) to remember that everyone is doing the best they can from their own level of consciousness. Trying to talk a terrorist out of his beliefs is like trying to persuade a lion to be a vegetarian. All we can realistically do is seek openings for higher awareness."

You sir, are completely correct and I hate you for that. :D

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
When I read threads like this... it becomes more and more clear why people freak out and run away to join a pack of wolves in Canada. I used to think these people crazy. Now I think they know something I don't. People calling for kindness and tolerance, in turn, lack kindness and tolerance. The weakness and anger over nothing in here is staggering. First world problems are a joke. Stress arising from events in a video game and its forum.

I am all for puppy dog kisses, rainbow farts, and hugs, but c'mon...

Don't ever ask for help. For the first time ever I close my eyes to another completely.

Hilarity. Some love and tolerance. When Jesus encountered people he didn't like, he ignored them too and muted them on forums...

You ignored your own advice... and it took very little to promote it.

Appleisaac
03-08-2012, 06:15 PM
When Jesus encountered people he didn't like, he ignored them too and muted them on forums...

@offtopic Jesus loved/still loves everyone ;) sorry couldnt resist.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Morfic, I understand your need for attention. I get that you want to make your immaturity known by us, the forumers. But from what I've seen, you clearly failed to read eco's thread, failed to care, or you're just too stupid enough to understand it. I don't know which, but regardless, you have not contributed to this topic at all. What point are you trying to get across here? What's your intention? Are you trying to establish yourself as a forum troll? Are you trying to prove you're some little kid who has nothing, and I mean nothing better to do, than spam unneeded pictures, and derail this thread? Wait a minute... you're not a kid. You're an immature adult.

So Morfic, unless you have nothing to contibute to this thread, other than your own immaturity, please... please take your pony express back to pony land where you belong.

Lots of rocks being flung around in here. You are direct and derogatory with the intention to hurt. Is name calling allowed in the forum ToS? I was not aware...

Also: Calling people out for posting off-topic pics when you also posted an off-topic pic is delicious delicious happy fun good times.

...but only Morfic gets the temp ban.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I am not trolling. The things the raise people's ire is really small potatoes. Everyone really needs to take a big deep breath and evaluate the degree in which they can/cannot deal with social issues/things that provoke. Perhaps take a break from all things internet until such a time they can come back to the playing field without emotions so easily rattled.

saool
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
My twin for president!
I love you twin!
And one day the hate will stop :)

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Funny you should bring that up. See, when I wrote that, the ToS was the LAST thing on my mind. I stop caring about rules when my friends are being hurt by immature people who feed off of peoples retaliation. If Sam, or any dev/mod want to ban me for what I said, they can. In fact, I welcome them too.

You know why, my good friend? Because unlike others on this forum, I put my friends first. If that means getting banned, then that's the risk I'm willing to take.

It's funny how you point out what i said, but didn't take the time to look at morphics posts. The difference between his and my posts, is that mine made sense. My posts were to protect a friend. His were to hurt my friend.

So, what I gather is, I'm not allowed to stick up for a friend, but people are allowed to make a mockery of someone's thread?

If that's the case: ban me.

dudetus
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Eh I don't personally like the way this thread is going so I am signing myself off after this post. It's a shame because this thread had a meaning.

Eco jokes aside u have my full support. U r right. And I thank you for ur thoughtful and good-willed ideas. Definetely part of my top threads I've ever read.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Actually this is what Morfic does:

-Thread gets super serious or people get way too full of themselves...
-Morfic injects humor to lighten the situation or show people how silly they are being...

...and don't give me the "just sticking up for mah friend" thing. Doing something wrong because someone did something wrong is exactly the "cycle" the OP was talking about. You know.. the friend you are protecting?

Really wish the people in this thread could just be loving, enjoy some funny pictures, realize things don't need to be this tense, realize not every will, or should, agree with you, and just be happy and live your life with an armada of kitten smiles.

*snuggles everyone*

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I am not trolling. The things the raise people's ire is really small potatoes. Everyone really needs to take a big deep breath and evaluate the degree in which they can/cannot deal with social issues/things that provoke. Perhaps take a break from all things internet until such a time they can come back to the playing field without emotions so easily rattled.

I'm just saying that I can only change myself. Yes, I evaluate the degree to which I can deal with provocative things and realize that I can't. It is so much easier for me to retaliate than to let things go. But if I retaliate, it just makes the situation worse. If I see that someone knows the words, but hasn't fully internalized them yet, I have to see that person as similar to myself. That's what "love you enemies" is all about.

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Before defending our friends we should talk with them. I have yelled at people who treated my wife poorly, only to have her get mad at me for making the situation worse. She also said, I'm a big girl; I can take care of my own fights thank you.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I love you snakespear!

*scampers over and hands you a caramel apple*
*licks you on the nosie*

bark bark!

Elyseon
03-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Heres my thoughts:
Yes we should all be nice, I absolutely agree
Sadly we cant make everyone else be nice
If we expect everyone else to be nice, we will be sadly disappointed
Calling out to trolls to stop is just feeding them
The way to stop them?
1.PERSONALLY and INDIVIDUALLY, I, MYSELF, must decide to respond to anything to do (prefered method)
2.Out-troll them (less recomended method)

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 06:51 PM
@ Xaphan Wait, I'm not your enemy. You're not supposed to love me yet.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
*hops up onto Snakespear's lap and cuddles in falling fast asleep*

zzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz

Elyseon
03-08-2012, 07:03 PM
*hops up onto Shakespear's lap and cuddles in falling fast asleep*

zzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz isnt shakespeare dead? o_O

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Actually this is what Morfic does:

-Thread gets super serious or people get way too full of themselves...
-Morfic injects humor to lighten the situation or show people how silly they are being...

...and don't give me the "just sticking up for mah friend" thing. Doing something wrong because someone did something wrong is exactly the "cycle" the OP was talking about. You know.. the friend you are protecting?

Really wish the people in this thread could just be loving, enjoy some funny pictures, realize things don't need to be this tense, realize not every will, or should, agree with you, and just be happy and live your life with an armada of kitten smiles.

*snuggles everyone*

Unfortunately, what you deem to be "right and wrong" is totally irrelevant.

See, you think that I'm wrong for defending a friend.
I think I'm right.
It all comes down to opinion. I'm sure you'd help a friend if they were being bullied, or in this case, trolled.

So... in more simple terms: there is no right answer.

Stay truthy.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
lol didn't even realize the "N".

Well played Trebek... Well played...

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 07:07 PM
isnt shakespeare dead? o_O

Rambo juice does wonders. O.o

Vhigdo
03-08-2012, 07:29 PM
So far the point I've gotten from observing the actions in this thread is to stop "hate" with "hate" (morfic posts funny things, seen as derailing/trolling... The righteous thread owners belittle him with personal slanders). If that is not the circle your trying to stop then what is?

Elyseon
03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
isnt shakespeare dead? o_O

Rambo juice does wonders. O.o
U may have to hit me up with some of that then, shakespeare's signature could make me a rich man ^.^

*Zero*
03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
This will be my only post on a topic that shows people to practice what they preach.
@Hank its cool for others to post images but when Morf does its trolling hmm ok....I think you should have received a short vacation too for flaming another forumer, after OP and yourself said stop the hate spread the love...but yet in a thread about hugging and being peaceful you call Morf a troll, immature and a little kid after he was on topic with OP post.
Then he made a epic short story and gets banned because it was considered a trolling post. Like I said at the beginning "Practice what you preach ". And to OP sorry for falling off topic just felt Morfic got singled out.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 07:37 PM
*joins a pack of wolves, leaving petty human concerns behind*

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 07:41 PM
lol didn't even realize the "N".

LOL! I thought your phone had auto-corrected it. :)

No, I do love Shakespeare and quote him often, but would never claim his name. A "snake" and a "spear" in combination have so many potential meanings. In D&D there is a snake staff that is based loosely on the stunt Moses did when he said "Let my people go!" (or was that just in the movie?) And the Greek god Apollo uses a wand called caduceus which has two serpents winding around it, which is also the symbol of the American Medical Association. Last, and certainly not least, is the metaphorical use of both words, which we will not discuss further here. ;)

I wish this thread would go back to what it was intended to be.

here:

"If you lose all differentiation between yourselves and others,
fit to serve others you will be.

And when in serving others you will win success,
then shall you meet with me;

And finding me, you shall attain to Buddhahood."

Milarepa

Swords
03-08-2012, 07:44 PM
the first 14 sentences is going down like stairs!. Down goes the hatred!

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 07:45 PM
In D&D there is a snake staff...

NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDD!

*ducks thrown objects*

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 07:45 PM
To be honest hate is not such a bad emotion if channeled properly. It has served me well in my life.

The hate and rage I felt towards porverty as allowed me to do well for myself and several poorer people around me.

The hate I have for myself when I drink has allowed me to overcome the habit and become a relatively good citizen and father.

Love has served me well too, my kids, wife and life in general I love.

Learn to hate and act upon the things you hate so that they may become the things you love is my 2 cents.

Swords
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
To be honest hate is not such a bad emotion if channeled properly. It has served me well in my life.

The hate and rage I felt towards porverty as allowed me to do well for myself and several poorer people around me.

The hate I have for myself when I drink has allowed me to overcome the habit and become a relatively good citizen and father.

Love has served me well too, my kids, wife and life in general I love.

Learn to hate and act upon the things you hate so that they may become the things you love is my 2 cents.

Thats why There is A set called Hate! such powerful in PVP

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
This will be my only post on a topic that shows people to practice what they preach.
@Hank its cool for others to post images but when Morf does its trolling hmm ok....I think you should have received a short vacation too for flaming another forumer, after OP and yourself said stop the hate spread the love...but yet in a thread about hugging and being peaceful you call Morf a troll, immature and a little kid after he was on topic with OP post.
Then he made a epic short story and gets banned because it was considered a trolling post. Like I said at the beginning "Practice what you preach ". And to OP sorry for falling off topic just felt Morfic got singled out.

How many times must I repeat myself? *Sigh*

Morph was never on topic. His goal was to derail the thread with "haters gonna hate" pictures and whatever other crap he posted. From the first post he made on this thread, he has had nothing to contribute.

As for his pictures:
His were troll pictures.
Roc's pictures on the other hand where actually used to try and cheer the OP up. They weren't used to derail this thread, or to make people want to retaliate (which is what being a troll is all about.)

Like I said before, if Sam finds it necessary to "put me on vacation" then let him.

I do practice what I preach. However, only to those who deserve it.

Are you blaming me for getting him banned? It's not my fault he was banned.
As for the story, I thought it was awesome. Award deserving IMO.

Appleisaac
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
hey guys? can we just put this whole thing behind us and get back onto the topic this thread was originally intended for? I dont like it when people fight :(

Vhigdo
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
In short.... Hate the haters, love the lovers.

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 08:01 PM

Morph was never on topic. His goal was to derail the thread with "haters gonna hate" pictures and whatever other crap he posted. From the first post he made on this thread, he has had nothing to contribute.

As for his pictures:
His were troll pictures.
Roc's pictures on the other hand where actually used to try and cheer the OP up. They weren't used to derail this thread, or to make people want to retaliate (which is what being a troll is all about.)

Like I said before, if Sam finds it necessary to "put me on vacation" then let him.

Tut tut tut. TOS says no speaking of bans on forums! :P

Hankomachos
03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Tut tut tut. TOS says no speaking of bans on forums! :P

Funny how Sam publicly said he's suspending morfs account, no? ;)

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Funny how Sam publicly said he's suspending morfs account, no? ;)

No. I don't agree but it is Sam's call.

Xaphan Fox
03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I actually found Sam publicly stating who, what, and why was poor taste and against their own practices. But its their playground. They can/will do whatever.

Vhigdo
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Yea and the publicity made the others in this thread think what they were doing was right too.

MightyMicah
03-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Eco, that's exactly why I have tried to back out of the forums. Even the threads with the uttmost of good intentions get hated and hated on. You aren't alone in your thoughts. However asking everyone to get along just won't work. That's not the way humans are wired. Good news is personally I have learned alot from this thread. So thank you for posting. :)

Have a good day mate
~MM

*Zero*
03-08-2012, 08:18 PM

As for his pictures:
His were troll pictures.

I said I wasn't gonna post again....
First Morfic wasn't the first person to use the "Hating " phrase I think 2 others did before Morfics image was posted.
Last but not least no I never said you got Morfic banned, his epic story did. Just sayin

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Stomp, I think you're construing two or three different meanings of the same word. but I did quit cigarettes by thinking about politicians who got money from the tobacco PAC. That filled me with revulsion every time. so I agree but I think it's actually indignation.

StompArtist
03-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Stomp, I think you're construing two or three different meanings of the same word. but I did quit cigarettes by thinking about politicians who got money from the tobacco PAC. That filled me with revulsion every time. so I agree but I think it's actually indignation.

Definition of HATE

1 a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury
b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>
2 : an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate

- I think the OP meant to talk about prejudice, but I may be wrong.

Snakespeare
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Hmmm aversion arising from anger, yep. Point fer you ;)

Delphina
03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Thread is now closed.