PDA

View Full Version : First Blog Post after seeing Dark Legends at the 2012 Game Developer's Conference

Samhayne
03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Spacetime Studios is at this year's Game Developer's Conference (http://www.gdconf.com/), currently underway in San Francisco. For those who aren't familiar with the Game Developer's Conference it is the world's largest and longest-running professionals-only game industry event. C + 2 blogger Mary Morgan (http://charismaplus2.com/blog/) is at the show and shareing interesting bits about new games she had the pleasure of getting a first-hand look at. Here is what she has to say after getting her hands on Dark Legends (http://www.darklegends.com):

Now for those seeking darker, more adult-themed games, you must (really must!) check out Dark Legends (http://www.darklegends.com) by Spacetime Studios (http://www.spacetimestudios.com) for Android, iOS [and the Chrome web browser]. Forget all about Twilight, right now, no glitter, no gorgeous teenage guys with their shirts off! This is hardcore, blood-splattering, true to the traditional vampire kind of game. Mature audiences only. No kids. As a fledgling vampire you get to roam the streets beating, killing or feeding on zombies, werewolves and evil humans bent on destroying the race of vampires. Meet and socialize with other players along the way, collect weapons, shards of power, and body parts (yes, body parts!). Look for constant updates on levels, new items and varieties. Spacetime Studios is very, very active with their online community and aim to please gamers!

You can check out the full C + 2 blog at http://charismaplus2.com/blog/

Ardon
03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
"Mature audiences only. No kids"

Best thing about it for me lmao

Vhigdo
03-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Nice! No kids haha. Never new Vampires liked zombie blood, ewww.

morfic
Dang it Ardon. I was in the process of trying to quote Skeletonlord (but he or someone else deleted his post), where he said that he read somewhere that you can click a button to go straight to a quest. And "How cool is that".

just wanted to say, plz don't hold our hands in the game. No instant quest location warps. ;p

Also, i was going to quote the same quote you quoted, and say "My favorite part". You ninja, you.

ninjaduck
"Mature audiences only. No kids"

Best thing about it for me lmao

Yesyesyesyes!

Popular
03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
just what i needed.

Ardon
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Dang it Ardon. I was in the process of trying to quote Skeletonlord (but he or someone else deleted his post), where he said that he read somewhere that you can click a button to go straight to a quest. And "How cool is that".

just wanted to say, plz don't hold our hands in the game. No instant quest location warps. ;p

Also, i was going to quote the same quote you quoted, and say "My favorite part". You ninja, you.

Gotta be fast :D

Vhigdo
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Please no chat filters *crosses fingers*

worldpeace
03-07-2012, 03:53 PM

Lol I think chat filters is still required :p id love to see it out tho ^__^

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

Sryyoulose
03-07-2012, 03:54 PM

There's always an option for a chat filter... Jus depends if it's mandatory and I'd think so they like to keep forums clean...

Lowlyspy
03-07-2012, 03:59 PM
HA! Bye bye kids, ya'll still have PL and SL tho ;)

+1 for non-sparkling vampires! Save the sparkling for the experts *looks at morfy*

morfic
03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
+1 for non-sparkling vampires! Save the sparkling for the experts *looks at morfy*

*preens*

Iron Hand
03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
*brushes and uses ultra-white on new fangs* ( ;..; )

Now that 100% SPARKLING clean ...

Bring on the tomato juice !!!

*Zero*
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Finally, I can not wait any longer for DL please I need bloooooodd....
But I'm glad we are gonna get a Mature rated game hopefully no more kiddy fights in General Chat.

ninjaduck
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
hopefully no more kiddy fights in General Chat.

Yessss!!!!!

Shellkaz
03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm happy to read that it seems that DL will be for mature audiences. However, I will miss some of the younger players that I have made friends with. There are a few of them who play well, cause no trouble and most importantly . . They make me laugh.. Hysterically on occasion. While we are all excited that this may be an adult rated game, let's not lose sight of the fact that it is still just a game..

Conradin
03-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Sweet I just turned 18 ;)

Piosidon
03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I wanna bet that there's gonna be kids (younger than 18) playing DL

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah so I am really excited. I can not wait for dl.
I had a couple questions about it though.
When it comes out, will it be free dl beta like sl beta was?
I probably wont be able to play on the 15th till late.
Will we get to have dl for a certain amount of time between before the new content in sl?
I know how I have been dying for new content on sl but I wanted to give dl my best shot.
If some of us are really going to branch out into this more mature world, we need to give it our full attention.
News on dl has been getting more and more interesting.
Hope my questions get answered, thanks!

thecrankybearsam
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Well that sucks. No kids? In really disappointed about what they had to say. I saw the video of gameplay and it doesn't look that bad So I'm trying it anyway! Lol

Ardon
03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I wanna bet that there's gonna be kids (younger than 18) playing DL

Well 18+ rating is more for a real adult game.

Sounds like it will be 17+

And yeah, ofcourse people will slip through, but hey if they get found out, theyll be banned

zappaxe
03-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Guys!!! this is not the word of the people rating the game!!!!
It is the opinion of a blogger or something lol.
There is still a chance 13+ will be allowed to play!!
I still have hope!!!!:snowman:

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Well 18+ rating is more for a real adult game.

Sounds like it will be 17+

And yeah, ofcourse people will slip through, but hey if they get found out, theyll be banned

Heheh, pwnies has had an age limit for the most part already. Cant wait to see how it goes. I hope the people that slip through realize what is trying to be done, and will have to at least act like an adult. A lot of immature things tend to happen, this is going to help out a bit.

Lowlyspy
03-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Well that sucks. No kids? In really disappointed about what they had to say. I saw the video of gameplay and it doesn't look that bad So I'm trying it anyway! Lol
Prepare to get banned if you get caught :/

Ardon
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Prepare to get banned if you get caught :/

Lol that post of his can probably get him banned if it is 17+ and if he does try it

Walkhardd
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
The only kids that won't be playing are the ones that were whining about it in the other thread.

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Rules are made for a reason. Lol, respect the rules and be honest about your age.

Walkhardd
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Rules are made for a reason. Lol, respect the rules and be honest about your age.

You would? O.o

Lowlyspy
03-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Psh, kids these days are taught lying is okay. I blame television.

Conradin
03-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm ok- I'm hoping it will be T rated. Much of The community is under 17 and many are very mature. Heck there's a lot ofnbad adults that play too.

Ardon
03-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm ok- I'm hoping it will be T rated. Much of The community is under 17 and many are very mature. Heck there's a lot ofnbad adults that play too.

DL is a different game. It will have a different community mixed of SL/PL players and people who are new to STS games.

I've explained the ratings so much already that I'm not even gonna bother anymore lol

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 07:55 PM
You would? O.o

I am twenty years old.

morfic
03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I am twenty years hawt.

fixed

Walkhardd
03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
You would? O.o

I am twenty years old.

Grats?..obviously I meant if you were underage

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Grats?..obviously I meant if you were underage

I dont get your point, I was stating facts. Lol

Walkhardd
03-07-2012, 08:07 PM

if you were under the age of 18, would you respect the rules and be honest about your age?

P.s- dumbest convo/hijack. XD

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 08:10 PM
if you were under the age of 18, would you respect the rules and be honest about your age?

P.s- dumbest convo/hijack. XD

Oh lolol, probably not. XD but still.

And being older and running with older serious teams, I have learned to appreciate the rules. They are there to help everyone.

ArtStar
03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
fixed

You already know! :P

Taipan
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
I won't be playing if it's either 17+ or 18+, but everyone, Samhayne has said it before that it will be decided by the Apple App Store, the Android App Store, and Chrome.

Goldnhawk
03-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Woot I cant wait to play !
Will the age be of Players taken from new account options?

PS: Why does everyone have horses or ponys in their sig?

ArtStar
03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
PS: Why does everyone have horses or ponys in their sig?

:-)

Goldnhawk
03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Lol just asking.
I dont mind horses :P

ArtStar
03-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Lol just asking.
I dont mind horses :P

You made me laugh lolol, idk though I like ponies?

Corpser
03-10-2012, 10:16 PM
6955 yeah um Grand theft autos rated MA 15+ that means, its restricted to people under 15 years old. 15 years old can purchase the game but younger people can not. now how does this relate well GTA has way more blood violence swearing ect. so i highly doubt DL will have a 17+ rating more it will probably have a 15+ rating on it.

ArtStar
03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
6955 yeah um Grand theft autos rated MA 15+ that means, its restricted to people under 15 years old. 15 years old can purchase the game but younger people can not. now how does this relate well GTA has way more blood violence swearing ect. so i highly doubt DL will have a 17+ rating more it will probably have a 15+ rating on it.

Oh nice post, ha ha thanks for the info.

Goldnhawk
03-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I still wonder how theyll check the players age :/

Ardon
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
I still wonder how theyll check the players age :/

There's no way to absolutely know. But of you're found to be underage, you'll be banned

Appleisaac
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
You guys keep saying "if found out you will be banned", but no one will be stupid enough to be "found out" :-/ I'm willing to bet that more then half of the pl population is under 13, but they will never be banned because 1) MOST players don't care enough to report underaged players 2) age ALMOST never comes up in conversation... :-/ I won't try to enter dl, but I can garuntee you that most of the players will be just as (if not more) childish as in pl. (I say maybe more because blood attracts VERY repulsive preteens and teens) just my .02

Ardon
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM
You guys keep saying "if found out you will be banned", but no one will be stupid enough to be "found out" :-/ I'm willing to bet that more then half of the pl population is under 13, but they will never be banned because 1) MOST players don't care enough to report underaged players 2) age ALMOST never comes up in conversation... :-/ I won't try to enter dl, but I can garuntee you that most of the players will be just as (if not more) childish as in pl. (I say maybe more because blood attracts VERY repulsive preteens and teens) just my .02

And if they are found out they will be banned ;)

Mattuchiha
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Stop de fight..... Its easy: If you are -18 years old, you shouldn't play the game, If an mod or dev spotted that your age is -18 you will get banned. Its easy and If you dont have the mature for get it, dont play the game :)

Appleisaac
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Stop de fight..... Its easy: If you are -18 years old, you shouldn't play the game, If an mod or dev spotted that your age is -18 you will get banned. Its easy and If you dont have the mature for get it, dont play the game :)

No facial hair=insta-ban ;) lol

Mattuchiha
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
No facial hair=insta-ban ;) lol
Lol