PDA

View Full Version : The helmets are so ugly :(

ragingfork
08-05-2010, 11:52 PM
kind of disappointed...

Cascade
08-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah they definitely need to be improved.....But the devs worked hard on this so I'm not complaining

Donut
08-06-2010, 02:54 AM
yea dont like the new look of the Enchantress. considering downgrading just to get the old look back. the new graphics are hard to look at. kinda cheapens the experience now.

Violentsaint
08-06-2010, 05:44 AM
i think the new helmets are sxc

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/0422a028.jpg

"damb i look good... i mean really good... hey everybody, come see how good i look" - ron burgundy

Theremin
08-06-2010, 05:50 AM
I think maybe having the option of showing a hat or just keeping your enchantress hood might be a happy medium. That way people who wanted the visible helm can have what they want, and those of us who like the original look of the enchantress can be satisfied as well. ;)

Addihul
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Thought the whole purpose of the hats was to be able to customize them. Until I can change the look and color, it's pretty weird and not desirable. Customizing to me isn't buying a crappier helm that looks better with the outfit. I should be able to check a box that says 'hide helm'. The previous full covered hoods were awesome. The dumb down in graphics is killing it for me too. Have you seen the alien blasters now?? No texture to them, just big clunky black, white, etc

Royce
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
considering downgrading just to get the old look back. the new graphics are hard to look at. kinda cheapens the experience now.

I wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure 1.2 is on a different server, which by now is probably nearly empty and will certainly be shut down before long.

tjornan
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
lol. violent u hve the two rarest items in the game. the PL shield and isis khopesh.

BTW havent really seen u in game but i farmed a 45 osiris dagger when u gave me a 43 one for the donation thread. im gonna give u it, and i know i probably wont get another item, cuz if you did that everyone would want one. i dont want a new item anyway.

KingFu
08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Isis Khopesh is Smokesters.

Has anyone else noticed how Violent always goes under the shield category and clicks on the shield for a screenshot?

Loso
08-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I think the helmets should be re-designed, but everything else is perfect.

Snakespeare
08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
MD, not true. I see VS in towne sporting that cool shield. So would you, if you had one. :p

What you guys don't get is that they created the functionality for hats. Most of these "hats" are just placeholders. What they did was they wrote the code that makes hats possible. For now it is just basic geometries and textures. This is a significant change to their engine and probably was a lot of work. Now that it exists, and IS PART OF 1.3, they can simply create patches for the actual hats to come. The hard part is writing the code and making sure it doesn't break anything. After that, adding the new objects is just a matter of adding them to the database.

awww why bothering trying to explain it... you'll never get it until you actually try to create something yourselves.

mAdvillain
08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
how do you get the pocket legends shield?

Snakespeare
08-06-2010, 03:03 PM
That shield has only dropped twice, as far as I know. Once for winning a contest and once for adding a positive community element to the game. Only the devs can give it. It's more for show, though, as they say the armor is kind of low if used by a level 45 character.

Justg
08-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Helms are definitely a work-in-progress, and some old weapon appearances are still bugged.

Thanks for your patience while we work through everything.

ratava
08-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Archers have "a feather in their caps" which is cool ; )

Banned
08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
That shield has only dropped twice, as far as I know. Once for winning a contest and once for adding a positive community element to the game. Only the devs can give it. It's more for show, though, as they say the armor is kind of low if used by a level 45 character.

Actually, four times. Haroldiv, Killer Sandcrab, Tullen666, and Violentsaint.

KingFu
08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Actually, four times. Haroldiv, Killer Sandcrab, Tullen666, and Violentsaint.

Sandcrabkiller. Talonzek. And violent got one. Tullen got the khopesh implemented into the game and got a free one out into his inventory once it was added. Tullen never got a shield. Also, idk what you guys mean by "drop" but I am pretty sure it was just put inti the persons stash/invventory.

Violentsaint
08-07-2010, 01:09 AM
yer as far as i know tullen never got a pl shield, also whats killer sandcrabs ign? ive never seen him ingame!

also im really loving how speedy the patches are happening, 1.3 came out yesterday and theres already been 2 patchs, one that fixed stash access so u didnt have to do quests (thanks devs!)

i get my ipad on the 12th, im sure pocket legends will be all patched up by then ;)

hats off to you devs, especially the archer cap... lol jokes

good work devs ^^

oh and i have a klopesh of thoth now, only person with one ^^

also i found a red scarab bow of horus for snipersaint.

im looking for thoth dagger for banned now ;)