PDA

View Full Version : Massively.com looks at Dark Legends from GDC 2012

Samhayne
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
6835 (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/gdc-2012-a-look-at-dark-legends-with-spacetime-studios/)

Karen Bryan from Massively.com got to sit down with Gary Gattis, Spacetime Studios CEO, talk about gaming and also take a close look at the 3rd Legends title, Dark Legends that is releasing soon. Here is a snippet from the article:

Gameplay is best described as "pick up and play," and it incorporates features from traditional MMOs as well as social games. Spacetime used the energy mechanic from social games and improved upon it to give it a little more depth and purpose in the game. When you first log in, you have a variety of little cutscenes that you access, which help improve your character abilities as well as progress your character's storyline. When you hit one with a timer, you can pass the time by jumping into the content and basically feeding on as many living things as you can find.

Click here to read the full article on Massively.com (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/gdc-2012-a-look-at-dark-legends-with-spacetime-studios/)
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/gdc-2012-a-look-at-dark-legends-with-spacetime-studios/

ArtStar
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I am liking that they are mentioning a lot of customization in your toon.

worldpeace
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Typical sessions last only a few minutes, but you can continue along with the campaign to make for a longer session. In the multiplayer experiences, the group limit is three because the difficulty scales and it becomes too chaotic with larger groups, but for social instances, you can have up to 25 players fighting together.

so I getting that there will be a maximum of 3 people including ur self or 3 ppl plus ur self? while doing a dungeon.

And I don't get when it says 25 players fighting together. Is it in a dungeon or... Idk, where would 25 players will be able to fight together :-/
sounds cool tho :)
~ wp(worldpeace) ~

ArtStar
03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
so I getting that there will be a maximum of 3 people including ur self or 3 ppl plus ur self? while doing a dungeon.

And I don't get when it says 25 players fighting together. Is it in a dungeon or... Idk, where would 25 players will be able to fight together :-/
sounds cool tho :)
~ wp(worldpeace) ~

Either way about the three part, there is less people for me to rely on..

Lol

worldpeace
03-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Either way about the three part, there is less people for me to rely on..

Lol

Qft ^__^

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

ArtStar
03-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Qft ^__^

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

I love to do solo missions and collect kills what can I say.
Lol the only time I die is when I have bad teamates.
Or if I have to hold everyones hand through the dungeons.

ArtStar
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Qft ^__^

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

I love to do solo missions and collect kills what can I say.
Lol the only time I die is when I have bad teamates.
Or if I have to hold everyones hand through the dungeons.
Well thats not entirely true, I die a lot cause I am stingy with stims and rely mostly on my healing.
It takes skill to make stims obsolete. So I am always practicing.

Popular
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
love it!

ArtStar
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
love it!

Me too Pop pop :-)

Commanderkeen
03-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I am liking that they are mentioning a lot of customization in your toon.

Me to its so hard to be origional in SL.

Popular
03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Me too Pop pop :-)

:love_heart: