PDA

View Full Version : Int bird

Coltona
03-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Anyone have a good setup for achieving max lvl with one? Just made one, missed my old one lol

Appleisaac
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Int to replace talons?

Coltona
03-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Int to replace talons?

What do you mean? I mean for a good setup/guide on getting high lvl and surviving with and int bir. Also wanting to know, for a bird farming lvl 30-35 should I go int/dex or warbird?

Sryyoulose
03-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Str more survivability also you'll be able to pvp more effectively dex more damage better auto able to stay away from meelee mob.

NECROREAPER
03-10-2012, 01:30 AM
What exactly are you looking for? I've got one thats a lvl 44 right now that I love to play on, but lvl is such a chore so it gets boring and tedious at times.

I'm glad to help with your int bird endeavors however I can.

Swords
03-10-2012, 10:50 AM
int bird are only useful for regen......

Str and dex is what can really destroy ur enemies

NECROREAPER
03-10-2012, 01:32 PM
int bird are only useful for regen......

Str and dex is what can really destroy ur enemies

So you're saying that mages are an ineffective and inept class because they use the Int attribute?

If you've never played an int Bird * CORRECTLY* then don't post.

ninjaduck
03-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Necro, mind giving us some advce? Im fairly interested too, never really tried an intbear/bird before :D

Kaytar
03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I go between int and str on my bird. Good for regen but not damage and DPS

Appleisaac
03-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm sort of interested in int birds too :) I already have an int bear... It would be fun to try another minority!

NECROREAPER
03-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Well the biggest thing you have to realize is that the INT bird build is mostly just for fun, as a pure dex bird is better in *MOST* aspects, although the INT bird does hold a very viable place as far as builds go.

Lemme see if I can find my old post about in birds then I'll edit this post and repost it here.
Here we go:

Int on a bird is GREAT! I love my int bird.

To answer your question though, TBH, find what works best for you. I found that with my int bird, i tried going DEX/INT while adding just enough INT to equip items, but after lvling my bird to lvl 44 (so far) I've found that I prefer having a bit more INT than dex. With my set up, I deal massive *single* target damage using a wand/bracer and my skill damage isn't so bad also. My int bird usually does more damage than pure int birds while using auto attacks as well as single damage, but pure dex birds usually have the advantage over me when it comes to clearing mob groups.

As far as armor goes, (*from what I've noticed*) DEX armors tend to have more armor. Equip what best suits the type of role you want to fulfill.

For the staff and bow comparison, sorry but I wouldn't really be able to help you there since I only use a wand/shield combo. The added advantage of using the wand/shield combo is that you can use dex wings which almost always have higher armor ratings and tend to help out in other areas such as hit % and dodge sometimes (depending on the wing used).

Overall, I've had 100% more fun using my bird as an int bird, but as with anything, ymmv. I've noticed that I rarely, if ever, have to use health/mana potions, provided that I don't go around trying to lead the group, which I find myself doing often since my main is a bear :/

Livemau
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I have seen int birds but they are rare for good reason. Although they get the range and the shield their damage is low and their dodge is low. Their mana regen goes up but at a high level you shouldn't be needing such a high regen because it should already be high enough. Their armor is low and it doesnt increase their skills like it does for a mage. A mage with all strength and 6 points on lightning will have less damage then a full int mage. A strength bird gives the armor and the killing and dex bird is a good fast killer.

Elyseon
04-01-2012, 11:20 AM
I found out that int birds/bears seem to easily beat str birds/bears respectively
When i tried int bird i beat 2/3 of the warbirds i fought, and this was right after respec'ing so i didnt have alot of experience

With my bear, i only lost like 1/5 fights with str bears for my 15 minute int bear experience

**note** was using crafted lilith

Suntv
05-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Int-birds... I rarely see them, except from when i look in the mirror :) Basicly it's a talon bird, but with way better weaponry, huge crit, higher armor and above average dodge. I'm no PVP king, but today I killed 7 out of 8 crafted Orlok bears and 2 out of 3 warbirds. Using the crafted Lilith set Shatter combo's with the wand into drain-proc as well, very nice with 47 crit unbuffed.

You really need to learn to play these, but if u can u can pull like a bear as well. Why did I choose int-bird-ism? Well, I happened to choose an avian character when I started but always thought int weaponry way the best.

:rugby:

ExclusivePro
06-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for this actually helps me figure out what i wanted to do for my ranger.

vvhat
06-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Int birds aren't great at all, (no offence to you int birds) I don't know if they are good in PVE but they get destroyed in PVP. Unless you have a really good combo, don't be int bird:)

TEOKILLO
06-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I would add Phoenixking