PDA

View Full Version : Hands for Help- A new idea.

adidaman
03-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey guys-

As I was looking around the forums earlier today, an idea suddenly popped into my head. We all know that there are many new players (both hiding on the forums, and in game) who could use the help and guidance of some of us veterans. We already have AOA, but I have a different idea aimed more at actually leveling (helping them, not powerleveling) and teaching them the basic aspects of the game. We would provide items, some gold, tips, run help, and other things aimed at helping them progress at the game. If you'd like to be part of this (I need volunteers to help start this off), please put your name, level, ect. to let me know what we have to work with. I will be checking and updating this thread constantly with names of people willing to help, as well as some people who come forth and say they could use the help (don't be shy :D). If you are a vet looking to help with the program, either leave your name here or pm with the information I requested. If you are someone looking for help, place your name here (and level) and we can work out getting you some runner.

Hands for Help- Helping alterra one player at a time. (that's the slogan.)

Helpers- Dudetus (omigodaninja) (Level 66 Bird), Skeletonlord (Level 65 Bear), Iamdaman (Level 65 Warbird), Atlannie (Aedenoz) (Level 66 Mage)

Helpees-

Contributors-

ninjaduck
03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Great initiative! :D

adidaman
03-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Great initiative! :D

Thanks. I'm hoping I actually get a good response

Swampy
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I like the idea, but i thought there was already a guild named <Hands for Help> ?

Swampy
03-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Isn't this already a guild?

People really dont read posts above them.

adidaman
03-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I had no idea that this was already a guild. In any case, my idea is to actually do something and no just have a guild with that name.

Treenire
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Hiya adidaman =] im in hands for help and we pretty much try to do everything you say in your original post =] although i dont think it would hurt having another guild doing the same =] pl is a big place =]

aquaveridian
03-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Yes we need more noob helper guild, u have no idea how confusing it is for new players. Some are lucky enough and got power leveled (and end up being a high level noobs) but some are confused and lost.
I think we have too many snob guilds already, whos main goal is to be in the leaderboard, but doesnt care much about helping the low levels.
so great idea adidas, and yes handsforhelp name taken haha. Im in it too. Sorry. (^_^)

sent from Tapatalk on Arc d'Eau

dudetus
03-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Good idea adi, looking forward to see how this thing develops :). It is not only AoA's duty to look after the beginners. It is our vets as well :). Gimme a pm if u want me in :).

Yes we need more noob helper guild, u have no idea how confusing it is for new players. Some are lucky enough and got power leveled (and end up being a high level noobs) but some are confused and lost.
I think we have too many snob guilds already, whos main goal is to be in the leaderboard, but doesnt care much about helping the low levels.
so great idea adidas, and yes handsforhelp name taken haha. Im in it too. Sorry. (^_^)

sent from Tapatalk on Arc d'Eau

And what are these oh so mysterious snob guilds *shifty eyes*.

ChrisTan
03-11-2012, 04:30 AM
This is a great idea for someone who is new to the game like me, thank you for the contributions :D

Skeletonlord
03-11-2012, 06:19 AM
This sounds awesome so far, id be glad to help. In game name is skeletonlord and i am a level 65 warrior.

adidaman
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Ok guys, I'm officially taking applicants for helpers. Dudetus and Skel I'll add you guys to the list, but I want at least 5 helpers to kick this program off.

Rare
03-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm in, see my sig for ign.

adidaman
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
For people who may need help, don't be shy.

adidaman
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm in, see my sig for ign.

Great, thanks.

dudetus
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
So we need a new name right? How about "The Volounteers"?

Should we make a forum page..?

Suentous PO
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
cool idea, im down. lemme know how i might be usefull.
main ign, suentouspo 66 avian alterran.
-Sue

adidaman
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Ok I'm glad to see interest (: in going to make a group and everything. Stay tuned

Swimmingstar
03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Colton and I are trying to rev the donors, and old helping guild. But if you to make a new one, I can help with a name. How about... "The Helpers"?
If you make this guild, I'll be happy to help, help others. :)

Good luck!

Swords
03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
ill help! Volunteer to the cause and community!

adidaman
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Swords and swim, which chars would be your helper chars? And swim I like that name

rinzler
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
This is such a great idea!

adidaman
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
This is such a great idea!

Thanks (: looking back, I would've loved to have help like this when I first started playing. I want to make other people experiences better