PDA

View Full Version : I've been scammed

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
So there's this guy I knew on PL for a while I loaned him money before and he always paid me back, but this time he decided to take 500k from me change his name, and run off. What do I do he changed his name.

Mageprodigy
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Im sorry to hear that from you :(
You can send a mail to spacetime support maybe.
Goodluck with it

Urqui
03-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Report that name, i think that name will still stay with his email if hes reported
Or email support
You probably wont get your money back, but its good karma to get a scammer banned

Mageprodigy
03-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Report that name, i think that name will still stay with his email if hes reported
Or email support
You probably wont get your money back, but its good karma to get a scammer banned

Change your signature to: getting scammers banned is good karma :D

adidaman
03-10-2012, 07:22 PM
There's absolutely no scam here, thus nothing to report. You voluntarily gave him the money.

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
so i can go around telling people that i need to borrow money then not pay them back? Ok man i guess ill go do that now

Jvmes
03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
You're SOL. :P

Ardon
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
There's absolutely no scam here, thus nothing to report. You voluntarily gave him the money.

Exactly this.

Never trust anyone unless you are 150% you won't get screwed

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
as said by adidaman, i can go around "Borrowing money" and not pay people back

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
adidman and ardon so you guys think its ok for me to steal money, you people make me sick

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes I did in fact voluntarily give him the money, but shouldn't he get banned for stealing money? It's not right to take money like that......

Ardon
03-10-2012, 07:32 PM
adidman and ardon so you guys think its ok for me to steal money, you people make me sick

Nope. Just that it wasn't really a scam. Since it was a user error.

Are we telling you to go do this? Nope. I actually said to not trust anyone unless you are sure they won't screw you over.

Learn and let be.

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
So anyways if I don't get banned for doing what this person did to me, I guess ill do the same thing until i get my money back b/c you guys are implying that this is ok and its only a "user error" and theres no harm being done

Cake
03-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Its not a scam ok I get it , you aren't telling me to do this directly, but since I need to teach everyone a lesson and make them "Learn and let be" I'm going to do this if this person doesn't get banned

ExperimentNebulaCore
03-10-2012, 07:50 PM

Chickenrunnn
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Nope. Just that it wasn't really a scam. Since it was a user error.

Are we telling you to go do this? Nope. I actually said to not trust anyone unless you are sure they won't screw you over.

Learn and let be.

Lol.. Then, in which case is there a "scam" problem?

ghost.mw
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't know how many times I'm gonna say it but I will say it again"DO NOT TRUST ANYONE "

abbasjammmy
03-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey ardy;) long time no see,can i borrow your x ray and squid buddy for a week *changes name to vanitystealer* ^.^

ArtStar
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Sooooo, can I borrow 500k?

Late
03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
You never know who you can trust
but i can trust
-Daunstoppable
-Dalone
-Gnass/Jnass/Jnazs

Rare
03-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Word of advice. If you EVER loan money in this game, assume you won't get it back.

It'll make your life easier. I don't think sts will help with faulty loans. There isn't a loan feature in game so it should be understood that you are taking a risk.

Same goes for loaning gear.

Rare
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
So anyways if I don't get banned for doing what this person did to me, I guess ill do the same thing until i get my money back b/c you guys are implying that this is ok and its only a "user error" and theres no harm being done

Well, just because its not against any rules doesn't mean it not wrong.

Elysony
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Uhm, no they actually aren't implying that, you are wrong. They said it is your fault because it is that does not justify it, make it right, or in any way imply to go do that.

Sryyoulose
03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
I know I can trust the Sotos and several more honorable players!

Conradin
03-10-2012, 10:30 PM
The beSt way to deal with it isntomrun around Townes spamming "I got scammed pls give me gold".

On a more serious note I've been scammed so much lol

Conradin
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Double post :0

On a side note can I borrow 500k anyone?

Rare
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Double post :0

On a side note can I borrow 500k anyone?

Do you promise to pay it back?

StompArtist
03-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't loan stuff you are not ready to loose...

dugantale
03-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Ive been scamned, its tough I know but be carful who u trust!!

KTpantyhose
03-10-2012, 11:31 PM
this has been happening a lot in pl. ive had a few friends tell me the same thing. with money or with their items. it sucks saying it but dont trust anyone any more :(

Conradin
03-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Before there was Trading there was only the gift function. So if ya wanted to trade both had to give separately. I got scammed sooo much!

slaveleia
03-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah don't trust anyone! So many beggars & thieves everywhere just like in the real world. Theres only a few you can really trust....otherwise your taking all the risk loaning gold. Maybe borrowers should give up some collateral before asking for big loans.

zappaxe
03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
If you give someone the money and hit that confirm button you have given your gold to that person and if they run away with it its not a scam, just a bad decision on your part
There are those that i have given expert leather and crafted gear to and always gotten them back. But there are only about 5 people i trust like that.
As Ardon said if you arent 1000% sure you will get it back DONT DO IT

And also...... What were you doing going around handing out 500k??
thats quite a lump of gold

zappaxe
03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
If you give someone the money and hit that confirm button you have given your gold to that person and if they run away with it its not a scam, just a bad decision on your part
There are those that i have given expert leather and crafted gear to and always gotten them back. But there are only about 5 people i trust like that.
As Ardon said if you arent 1000% sure you will get it back DONT DO IT

And also...... What were you doing going around handing out 500k??
thats quite a lump of gold

Cake
03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Welp, nothing left to do

Mageprodigy
03-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Most sinfull post ever!
(this one is not sinful too lol)

Mageprodigy
03-12-2012, 10:40 AM
I can trust this people ;)
Sebastiaanl/ilikepvp
Jcoultet
Martyntje (dont play anymore :( )

I loan them some stuff and they all gave back ;)

Econodeath
03-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Its a sad thing that happened to you, but I hope you do find people that you can trust again.
I have been scammed as well and since then have decided I don't lend anything to anyone using an alt.
I can't keep track of all my friends alts anymore.
The best advice I can add to this is for you to move on and try to smile and have some fun.
People are people. Sadly this world has changed since I was a kid. And I can't say its been a change for the better.

zeusabe
03-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Never trust anyone. Under the Terms of Services, there's no particular bullet that mentions specifically on the issue of in-game scamming, however, if you go to the "Support" and check out the rules of conduct, it mentions this bullet: "Intentionally deceiving or “scamming” another player...". Which can be tantamount to suspension up to permanent ban depending on the severity. I suppose you still have a case here, just narrate your story and I'm pretty sure the customer service team will be able to get to the bottom of things. Now to my opinion, I think you really should be more careful next time because in a scam situation, a scammer can only succeed on a player's vulnerability (or naivety), therefore, partly you are to blame because you took a leap of faith and you know, whenever you do that, it's a coin toss. It's still the internet, don't trust anyone, there's a reason why the game created an in-game trade that even double-checks if you really want to pursue a trade, the game is telling you not to trust anyone. You know the saying, charge to experience, I guess that will be the case here for you. Make no mistake, I think you got scammed and I feel sorry for you, but I also think we should take it upon ourselves to be more smart to avoid these things in the first place. Anyway, I hope you get your items back but if not, I hope you weren't serious when you said you'd pass the scam forward.

Samhayne
03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Word of advice. If you EVER loan money in this game, assume you won't get it back.

It'll make your life easier. I don't think sts will help with faulty loans. There isn't a loan feature in game so it should be understood that you are taking a risk.

Same goes for loaning gear.

Good advice above.

Scamming is still wrong. Here is all you need to know - from this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17601-Be-Aware-of-Trade-Scams

We regularly receive reports from players about Trade Scams.

Trade scams typically occur when a player asks for an item before returning payment. After receiving the item or currency, the scammer will leave or ignore the user their victim.

Examples:

My trade doesn’t work due to lag, give me your item and I’ll give you yours at the same time. (or shortly after)
I’ll pay you on my alt, give me the item and I’ll be right back on the alt.
Etc…

This is a direct violation of our Terms of Service.

Note: We do not arbitrate in-game trade disputes. Items lost due to scams will not be returned to their owners. Violations of the ToS can result in a permanent ban.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rms-of-Service

If you believe you have been scammed, please use the in-game report button to notify our Customer Service Team who can investigate. Additionally, please visit the Spacetime Studios Support page at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.